IGNORED

Escape it

accousticguitar

I haven't worked on this game for a while, so I guess it's finished. icon_mrgreen.gif

This game is now for sale at GoodDealGames.

http://www.gooddealgames.com/Publishing_Atari%202600%20VCS.html

It's an 8k superchip game.

Escape it is a one or two player game where the object is to escape from the ever changing maze. The players start at the lower left corner of the screen and must make their way to the upper right corner of the screen where the escape hatch is. In a two player game the player who makes it to the escape hatch first wins. In a one player game the player competes against the clock to attempt an escape in the least amount of time possible.

Escape17.bin

post-8785-0-75461700-1502343981_thumb.png

Edited by accousticguitar
  • Like 3

I like the name theme - Miss It, Escape It - makes me wonder what comes next!

I was expecting a static maze game, but this is definitely something else. Nice work!

My best was 126, but I think I can do better if I wait near the exit for 27 hours, after which the score should roll. ;)

Edited by RevEng

This game IS fun and it gives me ideas.

Here's my one-player idea:

- The idea is interesting. Lowest score wins. What about if score goes down instead, though, and you have to get out before it reaches 0. This way you can have increasing difficulty. Score starts off high on first level, and maze changes start off slower. As levels go on maze changes faster and/or score goes down quicker.

- Starting point not always the same and exit to maze not always the same.

- Maybe if you get out of maze you keep going onto different mazes with difficulty keep going up. If you exit maze in one spot (for example top right where you have it now) you enter the same spot at the bottom, though, sort of like you're going through one huge maze that is more than one screen big.

Here's my idea for two-player:

- Same as above, but whoever DOESN'T make it out of the maze loses a life. Lose three lives and it's game over. So, let's say I make it out with 150 points, you lose a life, but next round we both start at the same spot, so maybe you'll make it out first that round.

Great game, so far, and unique. Hope you continue work on it.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...

Heya accousticguitar, we'll be featuring Escape It LIVE on today's ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 6PM PT/9PM ET! I know this is quite an old thread but I hope you can make it to watch the stream!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Other Games Today:

- Danny (WIP) by The Maxx

- No Touchy! (WIP) by The Maxx
- The Gizzle Wap and the Strange Red Tree (WIP) by Jeff Smith

EDIT: Here's the archive of the livestream!

Edited by cimmerian
  • Like 1