IGNORED

About to auction my complete system...should I?

Professor Rico

I have a Coleco ADAM with a Commodore monitor, and about thirty games and lots of accessories. It was mine since I was a kid, brand new. It works perfectly, and has a lot of tapes for the dual tape drives. Buck Rogers, BASIC, etc. Also have an extra processor board. The printer still printed last time I booted it up.

Should I get rid of it? How much would it bring? Does anyone want to make an offer?

Shipping would have to kill because sitting in the box it has got to be fifty pounds.

Any advice or offers to buy it are appreciated. :) Otherwise, check for it on the bay in about a week.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Professor Rico

If it's yours from when you were a kid and it means anything at all to you, or you think it might some day, don't sell it. Of course, some people aren't sentimental like that, don't know if you are. I know I wish I had more stuff from when I was a kid (I have hardly anything).

In any case, it's not likely to get much. Adams don't usually get a whole lot, plus like you said, the high shipping cost really cuts into the part of the value you'd get out of it.

Nah, not all that attched to it, I thought I would want it later in life, but I really don't. I might regret getting rid of it one day...

I would take a couple hundred bucks for it...but it would probably go for a hundred with a bunch of shipping like I see on the bay.

If someone would pick it up then that would work, too.

Well, if you want to sell it, I'd post in the Marketplace forum, not here. I'm surprised you'd get $100+shipping for it, unless it's a spectacular setup. Maybe now they're going for more than I've seen them go for in the past. Either way, good luck.

Sometimes, people visit the AdamCon web site and use their mailing list to tell they have a Coleco Adam computer for sale or need help to repair one. Maybe you'll find someone near you by using the mailing list... and this suggestion is valid to anybody who think may have something interresting to Coleco Adam users in US and Canada.

Nah, not all that attched to it, I thought I would want it later in life, but I really don't. I might regret getting rid of it one day...

I would take a couple hundred bucks for it...but it would probably go for a hundred with a bunch of shipping like I see on the bay.

I very much like the ADAM...hey, I am the Coleconut. But your chances of getting $200 are slim to none. I have a couple spare ADAMs myself and watch what the units on Ebay go for and the average is approx $25. Throw in some attractive software, some cartridges, and you may get more. I wish it was otherwise but I am trying to be realistic...

I very much like the ADAM...hey, I am the Coleconut. But your chances of getting $200 are slim to none. I have a couple spare ADAMs myself and watch what the units on Ebay go for and the average is approx $25. Throw in some attractive software, some cartridges, and you may get more. I wish it was otherwise but I am trying to be realistic...

But the floppy drives for them sure are hard to find. I got my whole Adam setup for $50 (happy day!), no way I am going buy the floppy drive for $150! Hey, do you have a spare or broken Adam disk drive? I would love to have more hardware/ software for this spectacular machine.

But the floppy drives for them sure are hard to find. I got my whole Adam setup for $50 (happy day!), no way I am going buy the floppy drive for $150! Hey, do you have a spare or broken Adam disk drive? I would love to have more hardware/ software for this spectacular machine.

Let me wade thru my parts dept, I am sure I have a couple spares in a box...somewhere. For routine daily use, I have a 320K double sided drive but I am all but certain I have a couple originals as well here.