IGNORED

$100 FREE stuff..

yuppicide

Sounds like a scam-a-lam-a-ding-dong to me. Are they offering millions of dollars from a bank in a small African country too?

It's not a scam, they've been around for awhile and it's a promotional thing. If you look at it, it's like $10,000 total that they're giving away, if I remember correctly. Not too bad for all the publicity they've had since they announced it.

EDIT: I see it's $100,000... that's quite a chunk... well, at any rate, it's legit.

Sounds like a scam-a-lam-a-ding-dong to me. Are they offering millions of dollars from a bank in a small African country too?

:roll:

Do me a favor, don't even try.

How did a guy like you get moderator status, anyway? Last I checked, they were supposed to be objective and even-tempered... you know, moderate.

Yet every time I get a response from you, it's something like this. Do I just bring out the worst in you or does everyone get a front row seat to this sparkling personality of yours?

How did a guy like you get moderator status, anyway? Last I checked, they were supposed to be objective and even-tempered... you know, moderate.

Yet every time I get a response from you, it's something like this. Do I just bring out the worst in you or does everyone get a front row seat to this sparkling personality of yours?

I've ordered from them many times and was happy, you stamped them as scammers without any knowledge, you get rolling eyes. Mod or not. ;)

Yep, here too, i had been logged in with all my items in my cart since yesterday, worked fine till early this morning when spark fun shut down the site for (upgrades) then ever since it wont load at all, i have been trying on 3 different computers for the last hour and a half, no results!!! :(

This is the exact thing I wondered about yesterday: do they have enough Infrastructure to handle the load.

The answer is NO.

The page did an automatic refresh at 11 AM (EST) and that's all she wrote. I have all the part numbers and prices documented so I could get my share and I would be surprised if my order gets filled in time let alone get the page to load.

The only thing I was buying were arcade buttons and joysticks so it's really no big loss. Just stocking up for future projects and some spares.

I feel sorry for little Jimmy on dial-up. His parents find that electronics are evil and will not let him spend money on them. Of course he never even gets any money and connects to the internet through his poor buddies Sega Dreamcast using a free Juno isp that and he and his friend saved for months using quarters that they found around the shack just to get the $30 Dreamcast. This was his one chance to maybe get his first kit and sneak it into his house and have the happiest month of his life. I can feel his tears :( sorry Jimmy, we love you.

Anyone get in?

Also, if anyone has an update on the dollar status, please post it here. No use trying if it's over.

Thanks,

5-11under

about 45 minutes ago i got on and got the same message as earlier this morning that said "We have shut the site down to do some upgrades to the site" and havent been able to get on since, the site might be still shut down by them, or now back up and just OVERWHELMED...

I've yet to even be able to touch the site today but do have almost 200 in my shopping cart. *If* anyone got on what addy are they using if they want to share?

$6500 now, gotten on like 4 times in the last 15 minutes, www.sparkfun.com, got to login page 3 times, put in all log on info and... kicked out :(

$12,000 now, still cant get past login

Edited by RIVER