IGNORED

$100 FREE stuff..

yuppicide

Well, I learned something new today anyway. Somehow I got to a google search with "spark fun" and it's showing some sort of live feed results page of twitter.

Looks like they're at about $10K in their giveaway of, I believe, $100K.

Haven't been able to even get the first page to load. Glad I'm not their IT guy. :)

SparkFun Electronics is Temporarily Closed!

SparkFun Electronics has been temporarily closed while necessary upgrades are installed and configured.

Please be patient and check back soon. We're working tirelessly to make this down time as brief as possible.

Not the page I was hoping for
;)

SparkFun Electronics is Temporarily Closed!

SparkFun Electronics has been temporarily closed while necessary upgrades are installed and configured.

Please be patient and check back soon. We're working tirelessly to make this down time as brief as possible.

Not the page I was hoping for
;)

When was that posted? I still haven't gotten their page to load...

I wasn't able to as well. I also used 2 diff computers on 2 different networks alternating trying and I couldn't even get into any part of their website nevermind my shopping cart. I still will probably buy a few things from them eventually just not any time soon.

I'm not angry since it was more of a surprise givaway. I expected a huge run, alol of us were trying and it was an amazing givaway I just wish I could have gotten through.

I'm spending the extra 80$ that my order was over on a new TENS unit and not fighting with the insurance company any more about the garbage one they paid for (to try and get a little pain relief).

If this was an upgrade imo, they need to get their money back. :ponder:

I do love the comaprison to ticketmaster, lol, though at least I have been able to buy tickets from them eventually for what I wanted, as opposed to nada today. :D

Over in 1 hour and 46 minutes and I never was able to get through.

I wasn't able to as well. I also used 2 diff computers on 2 different networks alternating trying and I couldn't even get into any part of their website nevermind my shopping cart. I still will probably buy a few things from them eventually just not any time soon.

I thought about hopping onto a different network but I figured hell we have a 40-Mbps Ethernet connection here

I had the item in cart and was trying to pay for it. Could not get through from 10:30 onward. I would be able to refresh the current page but not purchase. I was trying to click checkout the for the last 2 hours.

I was on the site and I just had the page sitting there watching the timer. When it got to 0, the page did an auto refresh and that was the last of it. I bet when that timer went off it FUBAR'd your session.

I was on the site and I just had the page sitting there watching the timer. When it got to 0, the page did an auto refresh and that was the last of it. I bet when that timer went off it FUBAR'd your session.

I had given up at 12:30 and went to lunch. I think the timer at 50,000+ given away at that time. When I came back, site was fast and cart was still full. I could continue to the next step but without any credit.

Sounds as bad as the woot.com servers get when a Bag of Crap becomes for sale. Bags of Crap cost $5 + $5 shipping I think, but around Christmas they've been known to ship someone large screen TV's so everyone goes for them.

I totally forgot about Sparkfun and didn't even try.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what I see watching this video? A bunch of peeps that were totally clueless in preparing their Infrastructure to handle the load. You could make the argument that for this one event it wouldn't be worth the expense.

That's what ticks me off...

Cut them some slack, they were trying to do a good thing.