IGNORED

Chase It

accousticguitar

My latest game (and probably last game for a while).

This version is 2 player only (1 person can play it, but it's better with 2).

Select a game with the select switch and press the fire button on the left controller to start the game.

chaseIt.bin

Full version for sale here:

http://www.gooddealgames.com/inventory/Atari%202600.html

This is an expanded version with barriers, moving objects, and a one player option with opponent AI. It also has teddy bear versions and has 20 game variations in all.

Chase It is a game of chasing the red squares that appear randomly on the screen. It's blue against black! The goal is to reach the squares before your opponent. Whoever collects 99 squares first wins. Chase It is an exciting and challenging game that can be enjoyed by the whole family.

post-8785-0-68325100-1502343814_thumb.png

Edited by accousticguitar

• 10 years later...

I just got an older atari flashback that has this installed and went looking for a pdf of the printed manual because I thought it was just another game I never could buy back in the 2600 heydays--HOLY COW THIS IS A FUN GAME THAT BRINGS IT ALL BACK 100%!!

Seriously, this game is the type of fun that made the 2600 a joy to own back in its heyday.  I could only imagine what type of endless fun we would have had if this game existed back then.  So glad it exists!

Anyways, I was just wondering what all the different 'games' were because I was looking for a 1 player mode with just a single square as that cheating computer always knows where the next square will be.  (Yes, the computer always cheats--it's always been that way in every computer game ever made--I swear! :D That's why the player will lose, lol).

Anyways, thank you for the fun. :) I hope you got paid licensing fees for your work because it is very, very good work. :)

3 hours ago, Samir said:

I just got an older atari flashback that has this installed and went looking for a pdf of the printed manual because I thought it was just another game I never could buy back in the 2600 heydays--HOLY COW THIS IS A FUN GAME THAT BRINGS IT ALL BACK 100%!!

Seriously, this game is the type of fun that made the 2600 a joy to own back in its heyday.  I could only imagine what type of endless fun we would have had if this game existed back then.  So glad it exists!

Anyways, I was just wondering what all the different 'games' were because I was looking for a 1 player mode with just a single square as that cheating computer always knows where the next square will be.  (Yes, the computer always cheats--it's always been that way in every computer game ever made--I swear! :DThat's why the player will lose, lol).

Anyways, thank you for the fun. :) I hope you got paid licensing fees for your work because it is very, very good work. :)

I covered this game in volume 3 of my book on page 44: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1676947175

;-)

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be checking out Chase It on today's (Tue Jul 7) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew