IGNORED

C64C Haul!

mattyg

I'll have a pic up soon but during a visit to a 2nd hand computer store I noticed an old but unusually large box tucked away in a corner. On closer inspection it read "C64C Pro Pack!" - I asked the guy if it worked and he said "I think so" - so I parted with $40 AU for the box without even opening it. On arrival at home I opened the box - and to my dismay it was complete and in as new condition .....and working! So that's a boxed 64C , 1541 Drive , Geos , boxed joystick and the 35 game and utility disk! All manuals and even some Commodore magazines were in there.......sweet!

Nice. What store was that?

One of the locals here does old stuff but doesn't seem to bother with anything before SNES or Gameboy, and nothing computerwise other than PC/Mac.

Yeah well it's an ongoing problem her in OZ ! - nobody wants to touch the older stuff

I just happened to be lucky - I help run a market stall next to a computer disposal guy - mainly ex school and government stuff - he had the 64 given to him by someone cleaning out their garage and was just sitting in a corner gathering dust for some time! Sad part is he was also given a boxed monitor with it but dropped it in a car park *sigh*

By coincidence I bought an Amiga spare part via EvilBay recently and the guy was living one suburb over from me! It turns out he used to be a former Amiga agent in the UK and brought a whole heap of stuff over to OZ when he emigrated. I now have a constant supply of brand new Commodore/Amiga parts virtually next door!

Nice. Can you ask him if he's got any CD32 controllers?

Nup - I've already asked that one - I'm one short myself - did pick up a brand new CD32 exchange unit from him though (console only and his last one :) ) hence the reason I'm a controller short. - I refuse to pay a ridiculous price for an original or a honey bee.

on a similar note I found at the "recycle centre" at the local rubbish tip a near mint collection of 6 Epyx sports cassettes for the C64 - tape is still strong in each cassette but alas I don't have a tape unit to test them - all for the princley sum of $5 !