IGNORED

FC 16 Go - Portable SNES

Game Compatability tested....

I worked on mainly games with specialty chips. The following all test fine...

CX4

Mega Man X2 USA

DSP-1

Michael Andretti's Indy Car Challenge USA

Pilotwings USA

Suzuka 8 Hours JAP

Super Mario Kart USA

Super Mario Kart PAL (Usual graphics glitches playing in NTSC mode)

DSP-1B

Ballz 3D USA

DSP-3

SD Gundam GX JAP

OBC-1

Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge USA (Booted unable to play due to no gun)

SA-1

Kirby Super Star JAP

Kirby Super Star USA

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars USA

Masters New: Haruka Naru Augusta 3 JAP

Super Robot Taisen Gaiden: Masō Kishin - The Lord Of Elemental JAP

S-DD1

Street Fighter Alpha 2 USA (Oh yes)

Super FX GSU-1

Star Fox USA

Stunt Race FX USA

Super FX GSU-2

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island JAP

Doom USA

Only one I found a problem on was...

SA-1 SD F-1 Grand Prix JAP. Game boots fine. Unable to play as when in game play there is no track. Shows car and stats.

Unit notes.

Unit Reset button occasionally does work. But when it does the units Start, Select and Power Stop working. You have to hit the reset button again. First Negitive I've found.

Does not sit to well in you hands, it not all that comfortable to hold.

Wireless works at least 25 feet maybe more (True wireless works thru things)

The slot tabs for the cartridge are big then the usual Yobo standard slots. I have dremmeled out all my Japanese and PAL carts but they did not fit in the unit. I've been taking the carts out of the case to test. Carts stick out too much as when bumped the game may have a tendancy to clitch.

Did not test battery life. Noticed like the FC Mobile II if the battery is flat the game unit starts to not boot carts. Does show red when charging and Green when fully charged. Rechargable battery is nice.

Does play PAL carts. Anything that does not require a speed check just lockout chip. Anything that does you get the standard message unable to function on this system.

Tested Front Mission : Gun Hazzard JAP (Because the old FC twin would not work the thing. Worked fine)

Could not pull of any special moves using the dicky D-pad in Street fighter. They really need a true D-Pad to make it easer.

(Yeah I know long post for my first).

Hope this helps everyone.

Game Compatability tested....

thanks a ton for all of that too. I was wondering about compatibility.

I'll surely get one of these someday, but I suspect I've used up my 'get yourself something for the holidays' budget for the immediate future. spousal fund approval is a tricky thing.

Edited by Reaperman

Just to clarify I only booted these games and played about 4-5 mins on each. (They might have other glitches but I did not notice any yet) I played with it for about 4 hours unfortunitly will not get to play with it today at all, dam you real job.

Had a real hard time getting Super Robot Taisen Gaiden: Masō Kishin - The Lord Of Elemental JAP and Kirby Super Star USA working but again maybe it the carts I was using. Everything else booked first time.

I went back and re-Dremmeled a few of my JAP and PAL games and they started fitted in the system fine. (You have to dremmel out a lot more than an original SNES or an FC2 or FC3 to make them fit.)

Also booted up a Super Gameboy 1 & 2 and a Satellaview Derby Stallion Cart just for the hell of it and they worked fine. (I know I have another weird SNES JAP cartridge floating around somewhere I need to try.)

Have yet to try a Game Genie/Gameshark or the Tri-star Nes attachment (Do I even want to bother with it?)

The Reset occallionally works and yes sometimes it just turns off the systems. Other times it resets and the Start, Select and on/off does not works while other times it works fine. (IE the Reset is very hit and miss. Does not matter if you just tap or hold the thing down.)

I've so far very impressed at the Chipset Yobo are using by far the best Clone out there so far. (It booted stuff the FC Twin and Retro Duo fail to do) I tried alot of hard stuff with cartridge chipsets that I though would fail. If I could install a PAL switch in it the thing would be killer. (I've resisted so far pulling one to peices)

Yes the reset button thing confuses me. At first I thought I had a bad until so I opened another and it had the same issue. Not really a big deal, but would be nice if it functioned correctly.

I'm glad they used a better chip set though. At least they are getting better with compatibility.

We are officially sold out. You can still pre-order all colors through our site.

I must have just barely made it. I ordered one yesterday. Sounds like your business is doing well.

tjb

Its been a pretty good holiday season so far. However, I believe most of my FC 16 Go orders were from AA and DigitPress peeps. So thanks to them.

I got mine today....yea!

I unboxed it and it is charging up. I tried 4 games so far....3 work fine and 1 does not work.

Games that work:

- Space Invaders: The Original Game

- Midway Arcade's Greatest Hits - The Atari Collection 1

- Willliam's Arcade's Greatest Hits

Game that did not work:

- Tetris & Dr. Mario (the game with this cover box art)

With the Tetris & Dr. Mario game, I got a screen that says: "WARNING This game is not designed to be used with the accessory devices which are currently connected to your Super NES control deck." There is no way to get past that screen.

The graphics and sound are very true to the original SNES so far. The unit itself is chunky and uncomfortable. The sound on maximum can get quite loud, which is good, but there is the slightest background hum.

It comes with the rechargeable battery, AC adaptor, two wireless controllers that need a couple AAA batteries each, the AV cable, and a pair of earbud headphones.

Nice unit....great deal for the cost. I'd pay even more for a slimmer, sturdier unit. I hope Yobo can take their entire copying operation to the next level some day and create a higher quality line of products with heavier plastic.

EDIT:

The following games also work fine:

- Wordtris

- Super Bomberman

- Super Mario All-Stars

- Super Mario World

With the Tetris & Dr. Mario game, I got a screen that says: "WARNING This game is not designed to be used with the accessory devices which are currently connected to your Super NES control deck." There is no way to get past that screen.

Weird. Diddy's Kong Quest and Dixie Kong's Double Trouble both do basically the same thing if you try to use a Game Genie with them on a real SNES. I wonder if Tetris/Dr Mario also thinks the FC16 is a Game Genie and if the DKC games would do the same thing?

Okay classic gurus,

We just dropped some up close and personal action with the FC16-Go with this latest review video here:

I was rather impressed with the unit despite me wanting at first glance to be angry with it! But I guess I would be judging a book by it's cover then.

The triggers made me a bit angry, but those wireless controllers are on point. I had no problem at all pulling of detailed specials/intricate button presses.

The sound was suprisingly crisp and the size actually grew on me!

If you guys want to pick one up, you can get it discounted right now for $49 at:

http://www.RetrobitGames.com

Let me know if you guys/gals have any questions.

The FC mobile II was VERY nice, and its made by the same folks.

it looks a *lot* like the fc mobile 2, but I thought fc mobile 2 was hyperkin rather than yobo. or maybe this branding is all just interchangable.

I've been wanting a portable snes for a good long time, but I think I can hold off a little longer. yobo doesn't have a bad reputation as far as snes clones, but that just doesn't look quite like what I've always had in mind for a handheld snes clone.

good to hear there's a competitor though. as long as it's not something with a 2-piece d-pad

--and I'll believe that 2.4ghz wireless when I see it. ...after that fast one on the fc mobile 2

Yeah actually the FCMobile 2 was not made by Yobo. it was made by Hyperkin..(What's up with these names??) Anyways the FC-16 Go is an official Yobo product manufactured by them. Some of the clone systems are rebrandable by almost anyone but this one in particular is not.

I played one of these a few days ago at a mall "retro" game shop. Not bad but way too big, the Genesis one is much better in my opinion as far as size.

You know that was a concern of mine at first, but then I realized I can set it up on a table, flip-top side up and play portable 2 player gaming easy sitting down from a distance. It was like having a portable console...I kinda liked it so it grew on me.

If anyone decides togive it a shot then you can pick one up through: http://www.RetrobitGames.com

I was able to work out a nice discount for all that watch the video, so get it while they last.

Hey Stone Age, does this unit play SFC games as well, or are the "notches" inside this system like an SNES?

I like what I saw on the video. I'd probably go with the red though, as the gray gives me bad memories of the DS phat. One thing I don't like are the fake speaker holes on either side of the screen when in reality the speaker is in one central location on the bottom half.

Hey Stone Age, does this unit play SFC games as well, or are the "notches" inside this system like an SNES?

I like what I saw on the video. I'd probably go with the red though, as the gray gives me bad memories of the DS phat. One thing I don't like are the fake speaker holes on either side of the screen when in reality the speaker is in one central location on the bottom half.

Yeah,..I consider them breathing holes..lol. Actually is does play SFC games. As for the compatibility list goes it's kinda tough to test. And honestly I don't really like the idea of having to snap/saw off the ridges internally in the unit because they are fused into the back shell for SNES cart stability and that can also make it "Shatter-Time"..can't touch this..

So I would strongly urge not do play SFC games unless you have the cart converter.

If your interested in the unit you can go directly to: http://www.FC16go.com

for one.

Hey Stone Age, does this unit...

Yeah,..I consider...

Mr. "Fool", the products you show on your website attracted me, but your contact information is bogus. There is no Neil Rd in Sunnyvale (where your Google Maps points to) and your phone number originates from a Reno, Nevada tax haven office complex... very suspicious. If you actually have a physical location, can you tell me where it is? I would be interested in buying a couple of the products you offer if I can see them in person...

also, I think Daytona may have been addressing someone else in this question...

Hey Stone Age, does this unit...

Yeah,..I consider...

Mr. "Fool", the products you show on your website attracted me, but your contact information is bogus. There is no Neil Rd in Sunnyvale (where your Google Maps points to) and your phone number originates from a Reno, Nevada tax haven office complex... very suspicious. If you actually have a physical location, can you tell me where it is? I would be interested in buying a couple of the products you offer if I can see them in person...

also, I think Daytona may have been addressing someone else in this question...

Gotcha, however I try to solve problems since this is a public forum no matter who poses the question. Actually that was a corporate address that is listed. We are based out of California, and ship from there and other warehouses through-out the US. Are you in the CA area, if you are then your more than welcome to stop by for a game or 3. I know alot of the classic gurus that wade through the depths of this forum and they all know who I am.