IGNORED

Atari Force Comics - all 21 Issues in PDF available

Proving yet again that I have too much time on my hands.. "Atari Force" is a set of comics following a single story arc that was set at a later date than the five smaller Atari force issues that were included with various 2600 games. Now instead of forking over the immense sum of five or six dollars to get the complete set on eBay lucky you can download this treasure via torrent!

Atari Force Torrent

This is a much smaller PDF set than the others I've done (just under 600 megs and 750+ pages) but comic books are truly an amazing pain! Each page had to be photoshoped by hand and handled differently to get rid of all the dirt and filth that cheap comic book paper seems to gather (plus they are bad quality to begin with)... No doubt I've over done some pages and missed items on others..

Here is a sample page

post-12606-125989753019_thumb.jpg

post-12606-125989750447_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry about the dead seed last night folks.. I put the machine in standby mode when I went to bed (I'm smart like that sometimes). Back up now and seeding! I'm amazed how many people are downloading this (currently 41 in the torrent even though it had nobody seeding all night).

As far as hard media distribution... I assumed that the relatively small size would negate most of the issues?

Sorry about the dead seed last night folks.. I put the machine in standby mode when I went to bed (I'm smart like that sometimes). Back up now and seeding! I'm amazed how many people are downloading this (currently 41 in the torrent even though it had nobody seeding all night).

As far as hard media distribution... I assumed that the relatively small size would negate most of the issues?

A torrent is good a long people are seeding it. I will seed it as well in a bit, just need to fire it up on my primary computer and let it sit. Regarding hard media distribution, some people like to have a physical disc, and for those on a very slow connection even 600MB can take long to download. But I don't really know how much interest there would be in that. I am a bit hesitant to stick a 600MB file on AA, as if the file got linked from outside of AtariAge that could wreak havoc. However, I could very easily make it available for Subscribers (and in fact, this might be a very good reason for me to purchase IP.Downloads).

..Al

A torrent is good a long people are seeding it. I will seed it as well in a bit, just need to fire it up on my primary computer and let it sit. Regarding hard media distribution, some people like to have a physical disc, and for those on a very slow connection even 600MB can take long to download. But I don't really know how much interest there would be in that. I am a bit hesitant to stick a 600MB file on AA, as if the file got linked from outside of AtariAge that could wreak havoc. However, I could very easily make it available for Subscribers (and in fact, this might be a very good reason for me to purchase IP.Downloads).

..Al

Good points.. I certainly don't have any issue with putting it up on the site or distributing it any which way :)

I did actually design a CD label for it (and by design I mean cut out some of the graphics) though I didn't quite finish it..

Hmm... I'm not seeing anything at all. For now, I have to assume it's on my end, but I'm not having issues with any other torrents. Strange. Would be great if some relevant files could eventually be posted here for Subscribers.

I have a complete copy of the collection and I went through the first issue. Very cool stuff and great job scanning everything, cleaning up the images and putting the entire package together!

I'll upload the complete file tomorrow to AtariAge.

I'm still seeding the file and will let it run overnight.

..Al

I just stopped seeding--I uploaded over 4GB overnight. I also successfully uploaded a zip file containing all the comics to the AtariAge server, which I've given subscribers access to. Don't want to make it available publicly as surely it would get linked externally and eat up AtariAge's bandwidth.

..Al

I just stopped seeding--I uploaded over 4GB overnight. I also successfully uploaded a zip file containing all the comics to the AtariAge server, which I've given subscribers access to. Don't want to make it available publicly as surely it would get linked externally and eat up AtariAge's bandwidth.

..Al

How can i get this?