IGNORED

Fighting Fantasy for DS

I picked up Fighting Fantasy and it is really good. If you like Elder Scrolls Morrowind for the PC this is a clone of that game. I find it easy to control, it's faster than the older pc game (2002'ish) and it's more fun to play on a handheld IMO. The 3d graphic engine is very impressive for the DS as well.

I thought I would let you know because I haven't heard too much about it. I heard somewhere someone said it bad controls, this is not true it controls fine and seems to be at a higher frame rate than the Elder Scrolls game on the PC! I like this typ eof RPG and if you do, and you have a DS get it.

Edited by Warriorisabouttodie

I picked up Fighting Fantasy and it is really good. If you like Elder Scrolls Morrowind for the PC this is a clone of that game. I find it easy to control, it's faster than the older pc game (2002'ish) and it's more fun to play on a handheld IMO. The 3d graphic engine is very impressive for the DS as well.

I thought I would let you know because I haven't heard too much about it. I heard somewhere someone said it bad controls, this is not true it controls fine and seems to be at a higher frame rate than the Elder Scrolls game on the PC! I like this typ eof RPG and if you do, and you have a DS get it.

Thanks for the input!

I have been watching this game for the DS and it looks awesome!

Something to fill the void after I finished the excellent (in my opinion) "Orcs and Elves DS"

AdeptRapier

:)

Thanks for the input!

I have been watching this game for the DS and it looks awesome!

Something to fill the void after I finished the excellent (in my opinion) "Orcs and Elves DS"

AdeptRapier

:)

I liked Orcs and Elves as well, but in my opinion this game is much better. The 3d engine is smooth like a FPS. It really reminds me of Elder Scrolls, which I happen to have installed on my Mac so it makes for an easy comparison.

If you like Orcs and Elves it's a no brainer, you will like Fighting Fantasy too.

I've been waiting for this game too. I think there was another thread on this game a while back.

The books were and are still great. I would have been happy with a turn based read along book on the DS bu.t I'll have to get a copy of this game anyway

There actually is a turn based read along book adventure game for the DS. You need a flash cart to run in, but it is really well done. I can't for the life of me think of the name of it...

EDIT: I just found it, it's called "Flight from the dark" I attached an image.

b07.jpg

I looked it up on Youtube, it does look a lot like Morrowind, if it had been done with a modified raycast engine instead of a poly engine. Looks nice, but I haven't seen a video with any actual fight yet. Looks like you can still break into peoples treasure and steal stuff, but apparently no consequence for it... And there are shop keepers out on the street to sell you stuff.

Looks like WAY to much talking too, even in the few videos I watched, it was clear the person playing was getting tired of reading and just randomly answering :lol: (guess I'm not the only one who gets tired of reading long stretches of shit if it doesn't mean anything)

Anyhow, looks cool, I may see about picking this up. Nitro is the last game I got, and it was surprisingly good (better than I expected :P ) But I have my doubts as to a portable system being the prefered playground for this type of long game.

There actually is a turn based read along book adventure game for the DS. You need a flash cart to run in, but it is really well done. I can't for the life of me think of the name of it...

EDIT: I just found it, it's called "Flight from the dark" I attached an image.

b07.jpg

OMG....I used to read Lone Wolf too.

I found it here:

http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php

:D