IGNORED

Mean Santa

timdu

The 2600 Connection limited edition of Mean Santa is now officially Sold Out !

Thank you to everyone who purchased the 100 game cartridges and made this project a success!

As John stated above, the Mean Santa team is working out the details on making more.

More details very soon.

Tim D.

The 2600 Connection limited edition of Mean Santa is now officially Sold Out !

Thank you to everyone who purchased the 100 game cartridges and made this project a success!

As John stated above, the Mean Santa team is working out the details on making more.

More details very soon.

Tim D.

Jesus! I need an unlimited edition as well!lol!

This year has been a boom year for homebrews! I received my cart today #83 and am VERY impressed with the final product. To all who were involved with the project thank you. I also think that it is cool that you are going to be doing a possible other run for follks who could not get on the first 100. Again, it is homebrew projects like this that make me love this hobby. My atari will definately be getting some play time this holiday!

I have posted the The Registered List of Mean Santa Owners

http://2600connection.atari.org/meanlist.html

Each of the 100 Mean Santa games sold for $25 and included a serial-numbered cartridge (1 of 100, 2 of 100, 3 of 100 etc.), case, and game manual.

It was a limited run of 100 games, which was planned in celebration of the 100th print issue of the 2600 Connection newsletter.

Tim D.

Edited by timdu

I am happy to report we are now accepting pre-orders for the "unlimited edition" Mean Santa game cartridge.

It's easy! If you want to order a cartridge, send me your name and email address in private message.

Do not send payment at this time. We'll put you on our list and as soon as the game is in stock and ready to be shipped, we will contact you.

The "unlimited edition" Mean Santa game cartridge will be a loose, unnumbered game cartridge with a slightly different game label and a basic manual

shipped in a basic economy bubble mailer.

It will sell for $15 plus $3.50 shipping. (We have not worked out the details yet for the international PAL version at this time)

Here is what the label of the game cartridge will look like. Special thanks to Dan Skelton for the design:

Tim Duarte

http://2600connection.atari.org

post-291-126130767106_thumb.jpg

Hmmm...I sent payment on December 6th but am not on the registered owners list and never recieved a cart? PM sent :sad:

I heard back from Al Backiel and he informed me that your PAYPAL order got "lost in the shuffle."

He has sent a PAYPAL refund to you today. He has also sent you an email.

Things got pretty hectic once we got some publicity here on Atari Age, especially with the news blurb on the front page of Atari Age.

I am glad that we sold out. I would like to thank everyone who purchased the game for their support.

Just a reminder that you can get on the pre-order an "unlimited" version of Mean Santa. It is going to sell for $15 plus $3.50 shipping.

It is just the loose cart and basic manual in a bubble mailer.

Anyone interested in getting on the pre-order list can send me a PM.

I will contact you when they are ready.

Tim D.

http://2600connection.atari.org/

Feast your eyes on the attached picture: It's a mock-up of the label, non-laminated but in color.

The picture shows more "white edges" on the label than it looks like in real life (I think this has to do with the flash).

You can kind of get an idea - this is what the Mean Santa "unlimited" cartridge will look like.

Happy Holidays!

Tim D.

post-291-126161758998_thumb.jpg

I have posted the The Registered List of Mean Santa Owners

http://2600connection.atari.org/meanlist.html

Each of the 100 Mean Santa games sold for $25 and included a serial-numbered cartridge (1 of 100, 2 of 100, 3 of 100 etc.), case, and game manual.

It was a limited run of 100 games, which was planned in celebration of the 100th print issue of the 2600 Connection newsletter.

Tim D.

Tim,

As usual I am late on my posts as I don't get here much , but just wanted to add my compliments to ALL those involved with the project. The game , packaging , manual , shipping ...... everything is First Class. Glad I was able to get in on the first 100 and give one as gift to my son also.

The Old Guy

Hmmm...I sent payment on December 6th but am not on the registered owners list and never recieved a cart? PM sent :sad:

I heard back from Al Backiel and he informed me that your PAYPAL order got "lost in the shuffle."

He has sent a PAYPAL refund to you today. He has also sent you an email.

Things got pretty hectic once we got some publicity here on Atari Age, especially with the news blurb on the front page of Atari Age.

I am glad that we sold out. I would like to thank everyone who purchased the game for their support.

Just a reminder that you can get on the pre-order an "unlimited" version of Mean Santa. It is going to sell for $15 plus $3.50 shipping.

It is just the loose cart and basic manual in a bubble mailer.

Anyone interested in getting on the pre-order list can send me a PM.

I will contact you when they are ready.

Tim D.

Got the refund, Thanks! Yes, please contact me when the unlimited version is available to order, Thanks again!

I am happy to report we are now accepting pre-orders for the "unlimited edition" Mean Santa game cartridge.

It's easy! If you want to order a cartridge, send me your name and email address in private message.

Do not send payment at this time. We'll put you on our list and as soon as the game is in stock and ready to be shipped, we will contact you.

The "unlimited edition" Mean Santa game cartridge will be a loose, unnumbered game cartridge with a slightly different game label and a basic manual

It will sell for $15 plus $3.50 shipping. (We have not worked out the details yet for the international PAL version at this time)

Here is what the label of the game cartridge will look like. Special thanks to Dan Skelton for the design:

Tim Duarte

Just my opinion, I think the label should be in color to compromise the lack of the casing which has great artwork on it. People would more likely miss or glance over some of the detail that the artwork on the label if it is in black and white.

Edit: I think I missed the part that this is a mock up and the real thing should be in color.

Edited by Kiwi

Sent payment as well hoping for best

UPDATE: all NTSC carts were sold out Received refund minus 1.20 in paypal fee so lost money

That's odd, generally when you give someone a refund they get the complete amount back.

..Al

That's what I thought to. I've never gotten a refund though. Everything I've ever bought of sold on line went very smooth.

Sent payment as well hoping for best

UPDATE: all NTSC carts were sold out Received refund minus 1.20 in paypal fee so lost money

That's odd, generally when you give someone a refund they get the complete amount back.

..Al

Looked into this. When a PAYPAL user receives a payment, they incur a fee. So when the payment that HatNJ sent was returned to him and he received the payment, he incurred a fee.

Not something we charged him... this was something PAYPAL does and charges to their users for using their service.

I have spoken with the others on the MEAN SANTA team and we are considering offering a 1.20 credit towards the purhase of a MEAN SANTA "unlimited" cartridge.

I think he may have a case with PAYPAL and may be able to cotact their customer service, but I have a feeling that he may get nowhere with them and they would simply say the fee is their policy and that's that... however, my argument then would be "but I sent a payment for an item and I never received the item." The fee would make a little more sense to me if HatNJ had sent payement, received the game in the mail, and sent the game back, and then a refund was sent... but this was not the case here ... HatNJ missed out on the game because we sold out before we could fulfill his order... so the more I think about it here, HatNJ may have a case with PAYPAL. Perhaps if HatNJ calls PAYPAL customer service and is persistent with them, they may remove the fee to his account.

Tim D.

Tim Duarte

Just my opinion, I think the label should be in color to compromise the lack of the casing which has great artwork on it. People would more likely miss or glance over some of the detail that the artwork on the label if it is in black and white.

Edit: I think I missed the part that this is a mock up and the real thing should be in color.

I will forward your suggestion to Dan Skelton, who is creating the label on our team.

Thanks for your input,

Tim D.

Our artist Dan Skelton provided some alternate labels for our "unlimited" edition Atari 2600 game Mean Santa.

These were created for fun by Dan... we thought you might like to see them.

1. Atari silver label style

2. Atari Children's Television Workshop series style

3. Activision style

Tim D.

post-291-126209988336_thumb.jpg

post-291-126209989597_thumb.jpg

post-291-126209991535_thumb.jpg

I received my copy #57 just in time for christmas and am really happy to have one of the ten limited PAL copies.

I played it some times and my leveltimes were:

Easy 1:07

Cool 2:14

Med. 3:27

Snow 5:20

Hard 7:44 (A) and 7:38 (B)

How to reach the sixth gamemode? EASY unlocks COOL, MEDIUM unlocks SNOW, but HARD didn't unlock anything (in both, novice and expert settings). Please let me know what to do to access the sixth gamemode... thanks!

Have a good start into 2010!

Simon