IGNORED

Odball - All Orders Filled and Shipped

Rev. Rob

Odball Official Page

Update 3/13/10-

Due to popular demand, I am willing to open new orders. Post in this thread if you are looking for a copy of the game. I'll add your name here. Round two will work a little different.

There need to be at least 5 orders for me to be able to do it.

Due to the cost of PCBs (it's more expensive when I order less), I won't be able to do free shipping unless there are at least 8 preorders.

The game costs $60 and the shipping is $10 in the US and $15 international (USPS flat rate).

If I get at least 8 preorders, then I'll include shipping for free.

Finally, one punk didn't pay me last time (vcsdream/Thomas Holzer/Neustr 2, 56332 Dieblich, Germany/voltageman@gmx.de) so I won't order the PCBs from the manufacturer until all preorders are paid.

List of round two pre-orders:

18. swlovinist

19. coyo5050

20. y-bot

21. mb7241

22. Dave

23. ccc---

24. njb12287

------------------

For those who are not aware of this game, please read the FAQs here in the Homebrew forum. You can read through the history of the development cycle.

Buying Instructions

1. The game will cost $60. That includes the cost of production for each unit, all of the materials, shipping, packaging, a little extra for me to recoup the cost of licensing the artwork for the box and the screen overlays.

As I have said, I am not doing this for money (and I don't expect to sell a great deal), it's my way of giving back to the awesome retro games community here at AtariAge and elsewhere on the web. It's a tribute to everyone in the community and to the Odyssey, of course.

2. PM me your name, address, and the email address you use for Paypal.
  3. I will reply with my Paypal address, and send an invoice. I prefer to not use any method other than Paypal. But if you cannot use Paypal for whatever reason, and can show that you have good rep here or elsewhere, then feel free to contact me with an alternative method for payment.
  4. I'll notify everyone when their item is shipped. Orders will run for a week or two until most people who wants one can get one, and I can make one single order of PCBs.
  5. International buyers please add $5.

List of people who made orders:

0. Rev. Rob

1. rpgcollector

2. zodiacprime

3. jeffgamer

4. ianoid

5. RayXambeR

6. gokugohandave

7. Godzilla

8. videopac

9. retrogmr

10. slapdash

11. vcsdream

12. StoneAgeGamer

13. SPAZtwelve

14. David Winter

15. Kurisu

16. 98PaceCar

What you get:

Pictures of the final product are shown below. The following items are included with the game:

• Game Card #11
  • Odball box
  • Two vellum screen overlays
  • Custom 75 page Score Pad
  • 1 Instruction Sheet - double sided
  • Sand Timer
  • Hand Numbered Certificate of Purchase with your name (not pictured)

post-13431-12600809006_thumb.jpg

post-13431-126008091015_thumb.jpg

post-13431-126008091863_thumb.jpg

post-13431-126008092874_thumb.jpg

post-13431-126008093828_thumb.jpg

post-13431-126008094903_thumb.jpg

post-13431-126008096021_thumb.jpg

post-13431-126008096992_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rev. Rob
  • Like 2

Updated! Thanks everyone!

I'll be taking orders for at least the next week, maybe two, and only through AtariAge. So, if you are a member of any other game forum where think people might be interested, tell them to join AA. :D

Edited by Rev. Rob

Updated list of orders!

I'll probably take orders until Monday, December 14th.

If you want to order, but can't pay immediately, that's okay as long as you can by the 14th. If you need to pay later than that, let me know the date and I'll see if I can hold one.

Don't own an odyssey, but I totally want this. :o

You can always make an order today and buy an Odyssey later. ;)

the ePay price of Odyssey units is rediculuous now (thank you James -.-;;) but I do want one at some point. Gotta find me a Magnavox TV to go with it ( XD )

Uh, hmn, now looks like the time to get it, if I want to be #13... darn darn darn. I'll keep thinking about it.

the ePay price of Odyssey units is rediculuous now (thank you James -.-;;) but I do want one at some point. Gotta find me a Magnavox TV to go with it ( XD )

Uh, hmn, now looks like the time to get it, if I want to be #13... darn darn darn. I'll keep thinking about it.

Yup, and it's all because of this one jerk:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/152242-the-hijacked-odyssey-market/

On occasion he misses one and they go for the market value.

That would be cool to have a Magnavox TV to go with it, especially that one that had some later Odyssey games built into the set!

Edited by Rev. Rob

Because I ordered so many PCBs, they gave me two for free. One just got snagged, and the other I am keeping. :)

There will probably be a second round of orders some time in the future, maybe in a year, and I might sell that extra one at auction.

But for now, orders are shut down. I can't afford anymore.

Thanks to everyone who ordered. I feel pretty humble and am kind of nervous. What if you don't like it? What if the PCBs are messed up? It's not my money! Heh. I am sure I'm worried for nothing. ;)

The PCBs shipped to me today. As soon as I get them I should be ready to ship these.

Great news.

I received 16 Game Cards in the mail today.

Now, if only the shipping boxes from USPS that I ordered would get here. :D

Looks like this weekend I'll be putting together the game boxes.

As long as the shipping boxes get here soon, I'll be shipping next week.

Should. Have. Bought. Two.

This is awesome.

I have a spare Odyssey in the carrying case, has all 6 cards but missing some pieces. And I have a spare original box with foam that is empty. The shortfall is that I don't have the proprietary Magnavox RF. I do have the weird plug I harvested from a pong though in case you want to make a conversion wire, although I have to check on that. I even tested the unit and it works. Don't know what these are going for, but if I sold it at Midwest Gaming Classic, I'd probably price both items at $100. I'd consider offers.

Should. Have. Bought. Two.

This is awesome.

I have a spare Odyssey in the carrying case, has all 6 cards but missing some pieces. And I have a spare original box with foam that is empty. The shortfall is that I don't have the proprietary Magnavox RF. I do have the weird plug I harvested from a pong though in case you want to make a conversion wire, although I have to check on that. I even tested the unit and it works. Don't know what these are going for, but if I sold it at Midwest Gaming Classic, I'd probably price both items at $100. I'd consider offers.

I would be very interested in both of these. Would you mind emailing me some pictures. Thank you

Update to all:

I've been folding boxes for a few days and am just waiting on the USPS flat rate shipping boxes that I ordered to get here to ship them.

If the boxes don't come by New Year's Day I'll go down to the Post Office and see if I can pick them up in person.

• 2 weeks later...

Update to all:

I've been folding boxes for a few days and am just waiting on the USPS flat rate shipping boxes that I ordered to get here to ship them.

If the boxes don't come by New Year's Day I'll go down to the Post Office and see if I can pick them up in person.

Ahh cool I was wondering what happened with this.

Two other things I forgot to mention.

2. I randomly placed one of my two original working prototypes in one of the boxes.
  3. I made one for eBay, so if you didn't get one, or know someone who wants it, then they have a chance. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1903657174171?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190365717417&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Also, I am kind of using the eBay auction to determine if there's enough interest to make any more. At 19 units (0-18), that could be it (which is looking likely).

My copy came in today. I still wish I had an Odyssey to play it on, but the simple fact I own it is awesome.

It is quite a beautiful package, and I think it was well worth the money, and the wait for it all to be produced and shipped.

I also love how the cirtificate has my real name and not my nickname. It makes it much more personal, and I feel very proud to own it. Not like I did anything more than say "I want one" and pay for it, but for a game that only, what 17 copies of which exist, and that mine has an identifiable number, well, that is pretty awesome.

If my camera hadn't fallen in water, I would take some pics and put them on my website. I will still make a post on my blog about it, but yeah... I guess it is just the whole idea is awesome to me. :D

Oh, and as always, thanks! ^_^

BTW, is there any way for us to figure out which one of us may have gotten the prototype? It would kinda be fun to know, but at the same rate, once it is discovered, the magic is gone.. since it is always nice to think maybe the copy you have IS that special one. heh.

Glad to see that these are coming in and that everyone, so far, is pleased. It's really gratifying! :D

If my camera hadn't fallen in water, I would take some pics and put them on my website. I will still make a post on my blog about it, but yeah... I guess it is just the whole idea is awesome to me. :D

Oh, and as always, thanks! ^_^

You're totally welcome. Thank you. And post that blog link when you make the post!

BTW, is there any way for us to figure out which one of us may have gotten the prototype? It would kinda be fun to know, but at the same rate, once it is discovered, the magic is gone.. since it is always nice to think maybe the copy you have IS that special one. heh.

Yes. It's a slightly darker color of yellow than the rest, and when I received it I wrote the year on it. I have no idea who got it.