IGNORED

Vic 20 Multicart

I found this site:

http://www.gamingenterprisesinc.com/vic20/

and am quite interested in it. I asked the person some questions from that user group, hopefully I'll get some answers from him and get one.

I'd love to program a few things onto cart and actually be able to easily get it to my actual Vic 20.

He says he has done this for a while, is this old news??

I found this site:

http://www.gamingent...sinc.com/vic20/

and am quite interested in it. I asked the person some questions from that user group, hopefully I'll get some answers from him and get one.

I'd love to program a few things onto cart and actually be able to easily get it to my actual Vic 20.

He says he has done this for a while, is this old news??

not sure if it is new news, but I recently bought one of these, can't re-program it though as far as I know, but for £15 it was a real bargain im, oh and it is OSD menu driven not dip switches

I remember reading about that, I couldn't get one at the time. Would have loved it though, that's for sure. The reprogrammable aspect of it intrigues me the most. I have been writing this and that for basic for years (lately I have been very rusty though) and having an actual cart to program for would be just awesome--

no more floppies! I just have to see what it takes to actually write to one. I don't want to be pulling roms from sockets all the time, and making a programmer isn't a real chore so I guess I can do that, too. I'm hoping I can program the cart from the board edge, not directly to the rom.

Spiceware's right. I bought one of these after he mentioned it in the old Atari vs Commodore flamewar thread. I bought a Vic-20 from Ebay *because* of this cart. The Mega-cart is awesome! Remember that the Vic-20 is very "retro" in it's capabilities - and I have a very exacting appreciation for such stuff. Although I have had a bit of fun with it, I haven't even seen all the games. Like so many here (I suspect) I have too many systems and too many games, so I haven't even played them all.

If you're considering Vic-20, I wouldn't want to own one without the Mega-cart. You can set it to any size RAM expansion for fooling around in BASIC. It does cost $100. I'm not rich, but I think it was worth it. The Vic-20 in the box with this cart chucked in the box pretty much encompases the entire Vic-20 experience. Sure makes owning one fun!

• 5 years later...

I tried ordering a Mega Cart 3 years ago now, I got on the list and got 2 emails saying that I am still on the list and new carts should be ready soon. After the last email a year later after I got on this list, I never heard another word. I email a few times and never once did I get a responce.

Oh well. I really wanted one!

Here is a list of tape, disk and homebrew games present on the Mega-Cart:

http://mega-cart.com/tape-disk-games/

King Tut however is not among the listed games. Basically I think it was a personal selection based on us who developed the cartridge with input from the Denial community.

For those who want a cheaper cartridge with just a selection of cartridge games, Eslapion has posted he is doing another run of the Behr-Bonz cartridge. It doesn't have a shell, significantly fewer games, no utilities etc but will be available sooner at half the cost.

http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56288

• 2 months later...