IGNORED

Just picked up a free 3DO

:o Minimum of $175 worth of stuff.

If you EVER decide to part with that gun let me know. It is the rare 2 player version, required if you want to play... 2 player :lol:

I've got the one player gun already, and would like to be able to play with my wife. There is on on eBay right now out of the box for $80 and it hasn't sold yet. I got $75 for my CIB "extra" one player gun 10 days ago. So I'd say it's in that range. I'd pay a fair price, just FYI, and no hurry.

Also, if you start getting into 3do, there are a few of us diehard 3do fans on AA. Always happy to strike up a conversation on the subject.

AX

:o Minimum of $175 worth of stuff.

If you EVER decide to part with that gun let me know. It is the rare 2 player version, required if you want to play... 2 player :lol:

I've got the one player gun already, and would like to be able to play with my wife. There is on on eBay right now out of the box for $80 and it hasn't sold yet. I got $75 for my CIB "extra" one player gun 10 days ago. So I'd say it's in that range. I'd pay a fair price, just FYI, and no hurry.

Also, if you start getting into 3do, there are a few of us diehard 3do fans on AA. Always happy to strike up a conversation on the subject.

AX

Hey AX, want to hear something to make you cry? I remember walking into a store back when they were closing out all the 3do stuff and there was a whole pile of the 3do guns in boxes marked at $3.00 each. There must have been at least 10 of the things. Man if only I had known. I did own two of the 3do guns myself, one of each kind (single and two player models) but I sold them years ago, made good money on them too. I'll tell you what though, if I had known what those stupid things would be worth I would have bought all of them...

AdeptRapier

:)

Congrats! :thumbsup: The 3DO is an amazing system. It has a very distinct feel to it. I love how a lot of games combine sprites with 3D. I also like the use of FMV in a lot of games. Space Hulk, for example, has a layout like a FPS, but is strategy and planning based with FMV spliced in for cool effects. Personally, I think the gaming trend went full polygon 3D too soon. I thought game makers should have stuck with using more sprites like in Slam 'n Jam, Gridders, Fifa, Total Eclipse, Off-World Interceptor, etc. I love the Tomb Raider series, but the early Tomb Raiders were a good example of why I feel 32-bit consoles weren't ready for everything being done with textured poly's at the time.

I originally bought a 3DO just to check out the games that were supposed to come out on Jaguar, (Robinson's Requiem, Demolition Man, Creature Shock, etc.). However, I quickly fell in love with it and ended up collecting nearly every US release as well as some EU and JP releases. :love: I have 2 of those Goldstar Models, but the laser or motor went bad in one of them, (I've not taken the time to find out exactly what quit working). I have several of the Panasonic FZ-1's, but they won't play one of my JP games for some reason. One of the great things about the Goldstar was the mpeg addon. I used it for VCDs (that's probably why the CD drive gave out). We couldn't have TV's in our dorm rooms, but we could have computers and monitors... so I'd use the 3DO with a composite monitor to watch all the movies I wanted. Oh, I ended up with all those 3DO's because I was going for the Lightgun and FlightStick on ebay. It ended up being cheaper for me to buy a whole set that included a Lightgun or Flightstick than it was to buy them separate. I got 2 FlightSticks and 4 lightguns, (which accounts for most of the 3DO's -- the rest came from aiming at particular games).

BTW, the 3DO has the absolute BEST version of Road Rash. The Saturn and PSX ports were ports of the 3DO version and they didn't turn out as good as the original. Another great game is Star Fighter. Heck, there's tons of great games. I have a good amount of duplicates, so I could arrange to let some go.

Congrats! :thumbsup: The 3DO is an amazing system. It has a very distinct feel to it. I love how a lot of games combine sprites with 3D. I also like the use of FMV in a lot of games. Space Hulk, for example, has a layout like a FPS, but is strategy and planning based with FMV spliced in for cool effects. Personally, I think the gaming trend went full polygon 3D too soon. I thought game makers should have stuck with using more sprites like in Slam 'n Jam, Gridders, Fifa, Total Eclipse, Off-World Interceptor, etc. I love the Tomb Raider series, but the early Tomb Raiders were a good example of why I feel 32-bit consoles weren't ready for everything being done with textured poly's at the time.

I originally bought a 3DO just to check out the games that were supposed to come out on Jaguar, (Robinson's Requiem, Demolition Man, Creature Shock, etc.). However, I quickly fell in love with it and ended up collecting nearly every US release as well as some EU and JP releases. :love: I have 2 of those Goldstar Models, but the laser or motor went bad in one of them, (I've not taken the time to find out exactly what quit working). I have several of the Panasonic FZ-1's, but they won't play one of my JP games for some reason. One of the great things about the Goldstar was the mpeg addon. I used it for VCDs (that's probably why the CD drive gave out). We couldn't have TV's in our dorm rooms, but we could have computers and monitors... so I'd use the 3DO with a composite monitor to watch all the movies I wanted. Oh, I ended up with all those 3DO's because I was going for the Lightgun and FlightStick on ebay. It ended up being cheaper for me to buy a whole set that included a Lightgun or Flightstick than it was to buy them separate. I got 2 FlightSticks and 4 lightguns, (which accounts for most of the 3DO's -- the rest came from aiming at particular games).

BTW, the 3DO has the absolute BEST version of Road Rash. The Saturn and PSX ports were ports of the 3DO version and they didn't turn out as good as the original. Another great game is Star Fighter. Heck, there's tons of great games. I have a good amount of duplicates, so I could arrange to let some go.

Some of the Japanese games would not play on the american consoles because the Japanese 3do systems had built in support for Kanji font which the American system did not.

I agree, I have found that the 3do versions of 3do/Saturn/Playstation ports are the best (In my opinion).

Glad to meet another 3do fan!!

AdeptRapier

:)

Nice Score!!!

The 3D0 was my first disc based system.... I can remember driving up to the mall

and paying $10 for a demo disc filled with game demo's for it.

After playing Need for Speed and Road Rash I thought i'd never need another game system... :D It was a HUGE jump up in graphics from my Genesis.

I'm still waiting for a new Road Rash game...

-rick