IGNORED

Question about sample/test carts?

Collector#007

Hey guys. I found out about the website Hozer video a couple days ago. And I have a few questions regarding that site. Do the people here have any problems with Hozer video? And I was reading the proto page the guy there had that mentioned that alot of games that were used as test carts or samples that were sent to various game magazines and stuff like that. He mentioned all the different ones that can be found.

Well my question is, Is he speaking the truth about all that or am I becoming the most gullible atari guy in the world?

post-19096-126041160715_thumb.jpg

Yeah??? I looked and didn't see anything bad. So the guy makes repro's out of hard to find games? Is that what everybody is so worked up about? At least he proves (by putting his brand on the games) that the game is a repro.

And it still doesn't answer my earlier question about finding games with the different processor's (or whatever they're called) on them. Are they sample carts that were used before the game was released?

And if not then WHY are there chips that have different things on them?

Edited by Collector#007

Yeah??? I looked and didn't see anything bad. So the guy makes repro's out of hard to find games? Is that what everybody is so worked up about? At least he proves (by putting his brand on the games) that the game is a repro.

And it still doesn't answer my earlier question about finding games with the different processor's (or whatever they're called) on them. Are they sample carts that were used before the game was released?

And if not then WHY are there chips that have different things on them?

At this point I will offer some different words of advise. I say your best bet is to go play in traffic around rush hour.

At this point I will offer some different words of advise. I say your best bet is to go play in traffic around rush hour.

This seriously was not necessary, if you don't have something positive to contribute to a thread then please don't post in it.

As to the original poster, these games are not prototypes, it's just different means of packaging up the silicon wafer hidden inside the package. Most of the time this resembles a typical DIP (dual inline package) chip, but many other packages exist such as what you've pictured, and they are not that uncommon (and in fact may be quite common depending on the actual game). Not all games were produced at the same time, in the same factory, so even with the same game you will find different boards and chip packages.

..Al

• Like 1