IGNORED

Spike Video game Awards..more like awkwards...

S1500

I'm watching the 2nd half of this.

This is awkward to watch. Some athelete trying to read awards is just rambling on like an idiot. You could even hear the director tell him to hurry it up & get on with things.

Mike Tyson & the cast of Jersey Shore show up. Mike was dressed rather down(like he wasn't scheduled to show) and you could tell he's been hit in the head a few times in his life.

Stevie Wonder is ranting on about how video games should be more accessible to people with disabilities. They are really letting the celebrity presents say just about anything they want.

The award winners that come up might be skilled at making games, but not public speaking, that's for sure. :)

Yep, it's live. It's a live trainwreck.

Man I'm watchin this right now, they developers cannot speak publicly at all! lol! but, i'm cool with that, just make me some sweet ass games. Btw, I thought Snoop's performance was kinda lame, didn't see the crowd getting into it at all.

I'm watching the 2nd half of this.

This is awkward to watch. Some athelete trying to read awards is just rambling on like an idiot. You could even hear the director tell him to hurry it up & get on with things.

Mike Tyson & the cast of Jersey Shore show up. Mike was dressed rather down(like he wasn't scheduled to show) and you could tell he's been hit in the head a few times in his life.

Stevie Wonder is ranting on about how video games should be more accessible to people with disabilities. They are really letting the celebrity presents say just about anything they want.

The award winners that come up might be skilled at making games, but not public speaking, that's for sure. :)

Yep, it's live. It's a live trainwreck.

Stevie Wonder is ranting on about how video games should be more accessible to people with disabilities.

Taking into account what his disability is, it'd be interesting to hear what solutions he proposes. It is a "video" game after all. I can't imagine an audio descriptive service resulting in a very playable or even interesting game.

For people with physical dexterity impairments of some sort, the physical interface (controller) could be modified but I don't consider that to be the game. Even then, if you don't possess the muscle control to react quickly, many video games lose their luster. What would you do, program in a slow play function?

Glad I kept surfing after the few seconds of the show that I caught last night.

They did release an Xbox 360 (Indie) game called In the Pit with almost no visuals... there was just the title screen and that was it. In it, you're a monster who has to find and devour people who've fallen into your pitch black hole, using only the senses of sound and touch. Maybe that would be to Stevie Wonder's liking, but I can't imagine any other games that would work well for the completely sight deficient. They are called video games for a reason.

They did release an Xbox 360 (Indie) game called In the Pit with almost no visuals... there was just the title screen and that was it. In it, you're a monster who has to find and devour people who've fallen into your pitch black hole, using only the senses of sound and touch. Maybe that would be to Stevie Wonder's liking, but I can't imagine any other games that would work well for the completely sight deficient. They are called video games for a reason.

KLAX? :P

Stevie Wonder is ranting on about how video games should be more accessible to people with disabilities.

Taking into account what his disability is, it'd be interesting to hear what solutions he proposes. It is a "video" game after all. I can't imagine an audio descriptive service resulting in a very playable or even interesting game.

For people with physical dexterity impairments of some sort, the physical interface (controller) could be modified but I don't consider that to be the game. Even then, if you don't possess the muscle control to react quickly, many video games lose their luster. What would you do, program in a slow play function?

Glad I kept surfing after the few seconds of the show that I caught last night.

One of those old text computer games with a speech synthesizer:

"You are in a dark room. You cannot turn left."

I hate the VGA show... but i had to tune in this year to see:

Halo:Reach <- nothing special, no gameplay... very detailed cinema with almost cartoon

like faces on the people. anyone else get what I'm saying?

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II <- this was a surprise.I was expecting a video

of the new MMO game. But what I REALLY want is Battlefront3!!

Tron Evolution <- Waaaaayyyyy to short! I want way more details on this game!

Looked good... I'm excited for this and the movie!!

-rick

Didn't Assassin's Creed 2 win game of the year? If so, then FAIL. Totally. With all the quality stuff that came out this year, they give the game of the year to another stilted sequel to a totally bland first game, and Ghostbusters gets totally shut out. F-A-I-L.

I guess the word Ass is in the game for a reason.

All I have to say is. Best female vocals to...Megan Fox? Seriously? GFY Spike.

As a second note, what was with SW Unleashed 2? I mean the guy is dead. That and, what happened to the whole X Wing vs Tie Fighter thing they kept on nudging us with only to show us this sequel instead?

Edited by DaytonaUSA

Didn't Assassin's Creed 2 win game of the year? If so, then FAIL. Totally. With all the quality stuff that came out this year, they give the game of the year to another stilted sequel to a totally bland first game, and Ghostbusters gets totally shut out. F-A-I-L.

Um.. only you "fail", good sir. Uncharted 2 won GOTY, and it deserved it.

And Ghostbusters was horrible. If Batman AA didn't even get an award, why the hell would Ghostbusters?

And who talks like this, seriously? What did Ubisoft do, rape your mother?

Edited by DaytonaUSA

And Ghostbusters was horrible. If Batman AA didn't even get an award, why the hell would Ghostbusters?

Dude, fuck you. What's your problem anyway? Rape my mother? Christ. You got some issues, pal. Maybe you should see if the make pills for whatever is wrong with you.

I didn't watch the shitty thing because seeing Snoop Dogg on my tv screen automatically makes my bowels evacuate. So, I didn't know what game won. I suppose Uncharted 2 is a decent choice, though.

Ghostbusters was a commercial and critical success, so, no, it doesn't suck.

I just never liked the whole thing surrounding Assassins Creed. The controls and the repetitiveness really got to me. I never had the patience to finish the first one. I've seen quite a bit of the second one played, and from what I've seen, it's just like the first one in a different country and with a gun. Meh.

Ghostbusters was horrible? are you serious...

personally awards and lists (especially video game awards on tv?!?) don't do much for me and inspire very minimal caring. I think Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and New Super Mario Brothers should of won everything, and yes I think Ghostbusters was a really good game too. Megan Fox is pretty hot, I think she gets a award regardless of what she did. I mean really, if she showed up to the awards that is +1 right there.

As far as games that don't require sight there is a bit generations game for the GBA that is like that. You use headphones, I can't remember the name of it... it's the only one I can think of.

G4 actually took their Gphoria awards show seriously one year. No dumbass celebrities, no superficiality... just the awards, chosen fairly and with informative coverage of each game. I don't know if they kept that format or fallen back on gimmickry, although knowing G4 as I do, it was probably the latter.

I didn't like the demo I played.

Which system? (to my understanding, the PS3/Xbox360 version is different from the PS2/wii version) Either way, I thought it was great, wait till it hits the bargain bins and then snag a copy. It's a little to linear IMO, but beyond that, hey, you get to BE a ghostbuster (I may pick it up for the wii, waving the wand with your remote could be damn cool)

Which system?

Xbox 360. Thought I was going to love it, but holy cow did I hate it. I liked the Batman: Arkham Asylum demo a lot more that I played around the same time. Can't wait to play the full game. As soon as I have the extra money, the next game I'm going to buy is Shadow Complex:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8tRQdSwLxU&rel=0&fmt=18&showinfo=0&start=12

I didn't like the demo I played.

Which system? (to my understanding, the PS3/Xbox360 version is different from the PS2/wii version) Either way, I thought it was great, wait till it hits the bargain bins and then snag a copy. It's a little to linear IMO, but beyond that, hey, you get to BE a ghostbuster (I may pick it up for the wii, waving the wand with your remote could be damn cool)

fyi, should be on clearance @ target now

• 2 weeks later...