IGNORED

Anyone here use 5200Basic?

I'm having trouble figuring 5200 Basic out. The documentation on THIS PAGE isn't that great.

I've viewed the Hello World program. I can't get anything I do to compile. I'm using DASM. I am getting "error: Unknown Mnemonic". I made a directory c:\5200 and stuck dasm.exe in there. I followed instructions that came in 5200bas.txt.

The documentation doesn't list anything about an RND command, yet I see references to it in other parts of the documentation as "A=RND". Is there a better page for 5200 Basic programming out there?

• 1 month later...

I've found that downloading TASM makes the program compile. Now all I need to do is learn how to program since some of the documentation isn't all there. I'm trying to do simple randomization and an if statement that isn't working so far.

.. at least my program compiles and works. :)

I'm pretty sure I have all the docs with this. If you get let me know what your missing I will try to find it. I had it running on my old PC years ago. I tried installing it on my present PC and it seemed to be missing a DLL file. I would like to get it going again to try to do some simple games for the 5200.

Allan

Well, I have the docs that are on the website.. but they don't fully list all the commands, nor fully how they work. The website also doesn't list the correct place to get TASM.. maybe it does. Either way I had to do some digging. If you Google TASM there's a bunch of stuff named that.. TurboASM, and some other TASM's.

There's a lot of stuff on the website, but some stuff missing and stuff I don't understand. For example the commands page lists nothing almost nothing about RND. I had to dig to find that info. There is indeed information like "A=RND" but it's not actually listed in the commands.

Right now I'm trying to get a joystick routine to work. I got one button working, but don't totally understand all that yet.

I'm glad I got as far as I did. I got a program with an easy way to display text on the screen.. and that's really all I was after. Digging up the text is the hard work now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...