IGNORED

Cheesy UFO demo for Jaguar Skunk board owners.

Gorf

This is all done in J-RISC main code. It's hardly

much but another example of main code working.

Suggestions are welcome.

This may also work on other forms of upload devices but

I have not tested any others.

Keep in mind it uses a horid Atari example 3D renderer

and you might see a frame drop or two from time to time.

Not to mention it's hardly optimized.

An early Christmas teaser.....

Rules.....this is not to be uploaded to any other site.

It can not be copied on to discs or any other medium.

It is soley for use from your hard drive to an upload device

to your Jag....whichever of the several may work.

It is exclusively for AA users.

I would ALSO appreciate other developers to be honest and

not steal the idea. (You know who you are.)

UFO.BIN

To use.....

jcp.exe ufo.bin $4000

Thanks and enjoy

Gorf

Edited by Gorf

I had no prob getting it to load on my Skunk2. Obviously it is a 3D take on the O2 game UFO. I think the control scheme is different and works fine.

I didn't see any damage happening to my player... I assume that is to be added in the future.

The baddies need to die with a bit more of a show.

Good start, Gorf - I hope you will keep up the good work.

I had no prob getting it to load on my Skunk2. Obviously it is a 3D take on the O2 game UFO. I think the control scheme is different and works fine.

I didn't see any damage happening to my player... I assume that is to be added in the future.

The baddies need to die with a bit more of a show.

Good start, Gorf - I hope you will keep up the good work.

I did say it was cheesy. :)

Finally got around to giving this a try. Pretty neat! I like the 3D Stooges intro. Re: gameplay though... be nice if you shot in the complete opposite direction you were moving. Single joystick versions of Robotron/Smash TV could have benefited from this as well - had they at least made it an option :(

Finally got around to giving this a try. Pretty neat! I like the 3D Stooges intro. Re: gameplay though... be nice if you shot in the complete opposite direction you were moving. Single joystick versions of Robotron/Smash TV could have benefited from this as well - had they at least made it an option :(

I suppose I should have told you that the 'C' button holds the cannon in place. So you can indeed shoot in any direction while moving in another. My bad. I eventually want the 'A' Button to do something like reverse the cannon position 180 degrees or even

a alternate weapon or mines. Still a lot of work to be done yet. It would be nice if Scott got me a worthy renderer. Looks like

I may have to beg old Owl into letting me use his. :P

Hmm..... strangely enough this doesn't work on my Skunk 2.

I´ve tried different commands, and every time the program flash operation goes well.

But when I start the Skunkboard up in my Jaguar, and select the appropriate bank, the screen turns and stays black.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hmm..... strangely enough this doesn't work on my Skunk 2.

I´ve tried different commands, and every time the program flash operation goes well.

But when I start the Skunkboard up in my Jaguar, and select the appropriate bank, the screen turns and stays black.

Am I doing something wrong?

I only have the Skunk one so I could not tell you how to deal with a two....maybe Tursi or Kskunk

can better answer that for you. Maybe try the other bank? Just a suggestion. Keep in mind that

this game loads to the Jag RAM at $4000 so I think flashing it writes it out to the ROm area where it wont run..try...

JCP.exe ufo.bin $4000

Edited by Gorf

Ahhh.. the 'C' button. That's better, but still awkward and not as effective as shooting in the opposite direction as you're moving (especially in tight situations). Just a thought. Some may think that's strange, but I bet it would provide better game play.

@Isgoed: It works on my Skunk2, but I didn't have to flash it. Just put it in RAM at the specified address.... $4000

-edit- Holy Triple Posts Batman! My browser just went haywire! Sorry all :(

Edited by save2600

Got a sec to give it a whirl. Pretty neat, demo or not. I like circular motion around the UFO :) - I got the same blinking enemy mentioned above. I also ran into some slowdown - if I had 4 enemies on the screen and I was at the bottom pushing diagonal down it seemed everything slowed way down (I was shooting, holding C and pressing diagonal down). After releaseing diagonal down for a few seconds everything went back up.

Not sure if others saw this but aim up and hold the fire down and move back and forth a bit - I got a little 'Night Driver' feel (atleast 1/2 the road) :)

I aware of the flicker. Essentially what that is is the enemy respawning and

sometimes the deltas(the amount of movement per frame) is bugged and a large

amount it ending up as the delta. The frame drop is the fault of the very

inefficient renderer as it uses words for data(go figure on a 64 bit system)

and it does alot of redundant processing it really does not need to.

Again...it has it's cheese. :P

Edited by Gorf