IGNORED

Missed deals

Old topic, but nice to read, that i'm not the only one making stupid decisions.

Sold my boxed gamegear, with 7 boxed games, because i wanted a electric guitar.

Decided 1 week to late that 60 euro for a 32x with 2 boxed games wasn't a bad deal, only to see it getting sold right before my eyes the next week.

Letting somebody else checking a box with megadrive stuff, only to find out he bought it for only 5 euro.

Mostly if i see some stuff at a fleamarket and i already have bought some stuff, i just don't asked for prices anymore. Since i don't want to know what i otherwise would have been passing out on.

things Ive regretted buying were games at garage sales. i came across a garage sale by my house with about 30 atari 2600 cartridges. the guy wanted $5 each for them. I simply refused to pay anything more than a dollar or 2 each. i left them. I found out when I got home that they were some of the rarest 2600 games ever, a couple fetching for over $200 on ebay!

My brother saw a Nomad in local games store for £50 and passed it up and then told me about it a few weeks later after it had gone :x

Also I saw a Neo Geo Pocket Colour for £25 in a local store window but it was closed when I was walking past and when I went back the next day it was gone :sad:

My brother saw a Nomad in local games store for £50 and passed it up and then told me about it a few weeks later after it had gone :x

Also I saw a Neo Geo Pocket Colour for £25 in a local store window but it was closed when I was walking past and when I went back the next day it was gone :sad:

Nomads are only worth that much with the battery back. Otherwise $50 Is as high as I would go.

Nomads are only worth that much with the battery back. Otherwise $50 Is as high as I would go.

This is England, the Nomad never came out here they are super rare!!!

I started collecting a couple months after Gamestop pennied off the N64 games. Tons of Majoura's Mask and Ocarina of Time carts for 50 cents. I would have made a killing today.

Yup, I remember passing on those deals. Then there was that period where Gamestop was still taking in Dreamcast games and had copies of things like Powerstone and Mavel vs Capcom 2 for $5-$10. Then there was that copy of Suikoden 2 I passed on, not even knowing what it was worth (I think it was priced around $30 or so).

Suikoden 2 WAS a deal that I snatched up....I got the game shortly after it came out for just $30, and when I finally sold it last year (loved the game, that's why I kept it so long) I got $70 for it. :)

Nothing really rare for console games I recall missing on, but I did pass on two PC games that would turn out to be rare and worth a ton of money -- PTO II and Wing Commander: Kirathi Saga. Could have had both new for $20 each. :x

I passed up a nomad for $60 US earlier this year. Also, I passed up Virtual On gold for PC when it came out. I didn't have the $50 on me at the time, and I thought it would be out for a while. McFly! Hello!

I didn't really think much of stocking up on the N64 games that Game Stop was closing out. I got a tone of them when they were $5 and under. I, too, could have stocked up and re sold a few years later to make a small fortune.

Later I passed up Shining Force CD for $60. Like the Nomad, it has been sold.

Currently I am kinda torn on making an offer on a box of UMD movies at a nearby pawn shop. There are around 50 movies in the box, and about a third of them are the same title. I thought about making him a flat offer on it. He's wanting $2.50 each for them as it is.

I started collecting a couple months after Gamestop pennied off the N64 games. Tons of Majoura's Mask and Ocarina of Time carts for 50 cents. I would have made a killing today.

Yup, I remember passing on those deals. Then there was that period where Gamestop was still taking in Dreamcast games and had copies of things like Powerstone and Mavel vs Capcom 2 for $5-$10. Then there was that copy of Suikoden 2 I passed on, not even knowing what it was worth (I think it was priced around $30 or so).

That one pisses me off. Suikoden II was a GREAT game, I would love to play it again.. but I just cant see myself dishing out $70..

My worst one though, when I was 14 I sold my NES + about 36 games for $20.. yep..

I still only have about 20 NES games now.