IGNORED

What chance of a 'Tomb Raider'type game on the Jaggie

carmel_andrews

Look, I don't want to get into a pointless argument again with you Gorf.

Then dont. That is exactly what you did.

You're a naturally confrontational person and I can only assume you must not realize how you come across most of the time.

And you are any better how?

I just hate to see someone get turned off to the Jaguar community just because they don't feel welcome there.

And you help this out how?

My point stands that the Jaguar community is among the least friendly and accommodating to new and old fans alike, though I do appreciate recent steps that have been taken, yours included.

Yeah I can see that by your last post..... :roll:

However, this topic seems like old times all over again, so the more things change the more things stay the same I guess.

Yeah like your inaccurate portrayal of the Jag community because the developers dont kiss your ass?

It's true, not everyone can contribute software or hardware, but some of us contribute in other ways.

Yeah tell me one way you've contributed anything other than to bad mouth the community and its developers?

It doesn't make our contribution any more or less worthwhile than someone elses.

But it does when what you contribute is the exact attitude you just did with your negative post,completely ignore the factual content of why I told MArvio I cant use his help. If this is mean spirited then the both of you need to gorw the hell up.

If Marvio can supply a renderer, I'd be the first to jump on his offer. Unfortunately what he offers in not what we need.

maybe there are those out ther working on Jag games that might. But because I tell him honestly and politely I cant use his help you jump ugly and so does he? I ant help it you and he are to thin skinned to understand this....again grow up.

My particular contribution happens to be books and films, where I have, do and will continue to mention

the Jaguar and its software in a historical context.

Ok and any fan can do this..fine we appreciate this but really like model makers this side is a dime a dozen too.

No offense but really....

Please tell me how this helps the devwlopers or gets more games on the self? These are what keep a dead system

to grow a larger fan base.

Then you come here and inaccurately insult us as if we are some sort of useless and uncaring bunch? How does this

help anyone?

I realize your particular talent is not in those areas, Gorf, but I won't hold that against you.

You dont realize anything if you believe this. What makes you think I can't do what you are doing?

I hope to see more of what you can contribute to the Jaguar community in your own area of expertise. I'm certainly a fan of your Jaguar Gorf CD, which sits proudly on a shelf with the rest of my Jaguar stuff.

Im glad you like Gorf but how about dropping the bullshit saying that we dont care or help out? How about actually

reading my post and realizing all I did was say I have no need for model makers? If you REALLY appreciate this then

next time take the time to realize you opened your mouth unfairly here for no good reason.

Please don't scare anymore Jag fans away ppl. Or ppl that may contribute in ANYWAY, now or later.

We need to mend not push away.

Gorf, you do come across as a bit potent at times...you just have to have some tact with people. I unless you like the "dirty talk" icon_razz.gif

Its not thin skinned or a need to grow up.

Its just respect...If my mom asked If Id like some cookies, Im not going to say back off bitch I need Pepto after that crappy dinner.icon_ponder.gif

You can always say "Thanks for the offer, I think I have it covered, but what I really need is...If you can help with that I'd really appreciate it." Or I got that covered pretty well, but I'd like to see some of your work anyways."

You never know, somebody might have some better tricks/talent/or more creative than you. Everyone has their niche.

This does not mean they need to feel like they just sat in a pile of poo for asking. He is a new member not a war torn Jaguar survivor.icon_biggrinwink.gif

This is not an attack of your knowledge or talent...BTW I own your titles and know & seen what you can do and am happy to see you back, but dont go evil on us...NO HULK SMASH!icon_wink.gif

Also I will offer to do Art and Animation for Any Jag project (prays for si-fi stuff).... ANY of you (Gorf included) can take it if you like. So if your a programmer and would like some help I am a Artist looking for a programmer. I am extremely easy to work with and don't mind doing many versions till it looks good. Its a building thing that only gets better. Anyone that has dealt with me on any other game related stuff (SFX/Box Art/Sprites/Labels/Instructions/Anims) that I might have done for them knows I don't dick around. I'm trying to gain knowledge on the programming side of "Atari" systems and I slowly am, one day I'm not going to just be drawing stuff .....hopefully. I would love to be familiar enough to make stuff like in my Amiga days. The good ol days.icon_biggrin.gif

And yes we are Jag fans, and I would love to see more great Jag games...but GOD TR! Nawh, I'd like to see something new & fun. No rehashes of sub-par titles. I rather see brand new titles. But wouldnt ind having a demo/multicart full of unfinish things just to see it on a real jag.

Now lets all have a group hug.icon_love.gif

Edited by nonner242

Please don't scare anymore Jag fans away ppl. Or ppl that may contribute in ANYWAY, now or later.

We need to mend not push away.

You know, if you actually took the time to read my post you will see I did NOTHING

to push anyone away. I simple said and politely I do not need any model makers. Why

would I depend on anyone for something I am quite capable of doing myself? If you

think this is harsh, you are either retarded or not paying attention.

Gorf, you do come across as a bit potent at times...you just have to have some tact with people.

I unless you like the "dirty talk" icon_razz.gif

Potent? Show me where I was potent with Marvio? Or anywhere when someone did not act

potent to start with. Just once I'd like to see you point this out.

Its not thin skinned or a need to grow up.

No that is exactly what it is. Go back and read my reply to Marvio.

Its just respect.

No respect is being honest and straight with someone which is all I did. If respect to you

is saying 'Oh yeah, go ahead and make models " when I have no need for them or will ever

use them, then I think you need to look up the meaning of respect.

If my mom asked If Id like some cookies, Im not going to say back off bitch I need Pepto after that crappy dinner.

I never asked anyone to make models for me...in fact I was a clear as a bell that I

needed a renderer. Therefore this analogy is irrelevant.

You can always say "Thanks for the offer, I think I have it covered, but what I really need is...If you can help with that I'd really appreciate it."

Or I got that covered pretty well, but I'd like to see some of your work anyways."

No I was honest and straight forward and I think quite cordial about it...especially when

what I stated was that I need a renderer. I did say I got that covered and quite honestly

I was not really interested in seeing anyone's work or I would have said so.

You never know, somebody might have some better tricks/talent/or more creative than you.

Well since he is an admitted NOOB to the JAg scene and Im not, I'd have quite a rough

time believing he would eb better at modeling low poly counts than I could. Even so,

I do not need his help. If I did I would have asked for it. I ask for a rendering engine,

yet you feel he was being helpful offering something I have no need for? I must live on

another planet than some of you then.

Everyone has their niche. This does not mean they need to feel like they just sat in

a pile of poo for asking.

I never did any such thing..I can't help it if he can't take polite and understandable

rejection.

He is a new member not a war torn Jaguar survivor.

Well, he is obviously a noob at reading responses too then. I did nothing to make him feel

that way other than tell him I do not need a model maker. After 13+ years in the Jag scene,

you nor he can't seriously believe he was the first to ever ask me to make models can you?

I've replied the same way in the past and never once was told I was harsh or "oooh you hurt

my feelings."

This is not an attack of your knowledge or talent...BTW I own your titles and know & seen what you can do and am happy to see you back, but dont go evil on us...NO HULK SMASH!

I ask you once again to show me where I 'went evil' on Marvio? I think someones ego might

be a bit too big for his own good? I hope he starts his own business because they will do

this a lot when he tries to get jobs.

(irrelevant babbling deleted for brevety.)

You missed the real instigation here..Bill and his usual unhelpful, unproductive attack

on me because I don't offer everyone a spot ont he team just because they ask, and then

have the balls to insiuate that I am not helpful. Ask JagChris if I 'm not helpful or

any number of people who ask me for advice on the Jag as far as coding goes.

As far as I see, this is a bunch of whinny cry baby shit and it does not help me want

to stick around to put my hard work into bothering with the Jaguar. I say once more.

Read what I ACTUALLY posted, back up your accusations with facts or please butt the

'F' out.

Yeah ...now Im being potent.

Edited by Gorf

You can believe you can do what I do, Gorf - or that anyone can - but I'm not arrogant enough to believe that I can do what you can do. It doesn't excuse your attitude with people. I'll let my posts, my body of work and what people think of me in general stand on their own, just like you can do the same. If you're happy with how you conduct yourself at times, that's all that should matter.

• Like 2

You can believe you can do what I do, Gorf - or that anyone can - but I'm not arrogant enough to believe that I can do what you can do.

Im not at all being arrogant, just factual. Im quite a multi faceted person. I never said you CAN'T

do what I do.....you don't.... I DON'T do what you do because of one simple reason....Im not at all

interested in doing it...period. How's that grab ya?

It doesn't excuse your attitude with people.

Nor does your sneaky behavior. You come hear and poke people in the eye and then cry foul.

There may be some foolish enough to fall for your antics, but Im not one of them. Unfortunately

those who see you as I do are to cowardly to say something.

I'll let my posts, my body of work and what people think of me in general stand on their own, just like you can do the same. If you're happy with how you conduct yourself at times, that's all that should matter.

Happy has nothing to do with it. Being factual, upfront and to the point with honesty makes me happy.

Hey, but if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. If you choose to poke people in the eye

and cry foul when they point it out, some of us not so blind will call you on it. Now go do some REAL

soul seaching and see what a trouble maker you have been...on Christmas eve no less. Great job there Bill.

Merry Christmas to you.

Whatever, Gorf. For the record, what I do in reference to the Jaguar and other systems in a positive manner reaches more people than what you do. Again, though, it doesn't make it any better or worse, but it is a contribution, which you're too self centered to see. Apparently if someone can't program, they're incapable of your courtesy. And even if you wanted to do what I do, I seriously doubt you're remotely capable based on your history, but again, if you want to believe otherwise, so be it. Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

Now to replay the truthful events of what REALLY happened here.....

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/155054-what-chance-of-a-tomb-raidertype-game-on-the-jaggie/page__view__findpost__p__1903168

Please tell me how I was being harsh?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/155054-what-chance-of-a-tomb-raidertype-game-on-the-jaggie/page__view__findpost__p__1903506

Looks to me someone else was taking my rather polite response a bit to seriously

considering all I did was tell him we(as in 3DSSS) did not need his services).

Now we have Bill, who decided to inaccurately accuse me of some...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/155054-what-chance-of-a-tomb-raidertype-game-on-the-jaggie/page__view__findpost__p__1904529

Who fanned the fire now? Sure was'nt me. Nice try Bill but the facts are right here for

anyone with eyes to see them. You seem to follow me around even to the Astrocade site to

try the same garbage.

Edited by Gorf

Whatever, Gorf. For the record, what I do in reference to the Jaguar and other systems in a positive manner reaches more people than what you do. Again, though, it doesn't make it any better or worse, but it is a contribution, which you're too self centered to see. Apparently if someone can't program, they're incapable of your courtesy. And even if you wanted to do what I do, I seriously doubt you're remotely capable based on your history, but again, if you want to believe otherwise, so be it. Merry Christmas.

Must be terrible living in such miresy that you feel the need to come her, start shit and then cry about it when

you get called on it. I could not really care less what you do quite frankly. I dont see how it helps the fan

base other than to rehash the same information you can find in any of the Jaguar sites. Im not suprised though

as most media driven people think they are better and smarter and kinder than the folks who do the real work.

If im such a thorn in your side, there is always the ignore button...please do yourself

a favor and use it. I plan to do so with you....congratualtions being only the second

person ever to deserve that honor from me.

Edited by Gorf

Must be terrible living in such miresy that you feel the need to come her, start shit and then cry about it when

you get called on it. I could not really care less what you do quite frankly. I dont see how it helps the fan

base other than to rehash the same information you can find in any of the Jaguar sites. Im not suprised though

as most media driven people think they are better and smarter and kinder than the folks who do the real work.

I just love how you're judge, jury and executioner of what "real" work is and think you know everything. As far as I can tell, you spend more time talking about what you'll do than actually doing it and more time arguing than doing anything positive. You obviously don't know me, but at least I put myself out there as me (always have, always will), rather than hide behind some pseudonym. And how it helps Jaguar as a platform is by getting positive information about the system out there, rather than rehashing all the negativity. I strongly believe in the positive aspects of computers and videogames in general, and I naturally consider the Jaguar a part of that. If you can't see getting the Jaguar in books and movies that thousands of people will read/see as a positive thing for the scene, then there's no hope for you.

If im such a thorn in your side, there is always the ignore button...please do yourself

a favor and use it. I plan to do so with you....congratualtions being only the second

person ever to deserve that honor from me.

I love all the stuff you multi-quoted above. You'll note that I didn't call you out by name in what I first wrote in this topic, but you assumed that it was primarily about you and decided to confront me. It appeared to me that there was someone new trying to enter the Jaguar fray, someone who offered their help, and you were a bit rude to them. They made a comment about the community. I then made a comment about how the Jaguar community - such as it is - is rather unusual when compared to the others. You're right, most of the negativity around the Jaguar is because of you, so myself and others shouldn't blame the community at large, just you.

No, I'm not going to ignore you - I don't play those types of games online - though I must admit it's tiresome trying to have a discussion/argument with you, as you always play the victim instead of accepting responsibility for your actions and/or have fruitful discussions. Very close-minded.

• Like 1

"WOW! Sorry to offer my help, sheesh... "

I guess that he didnt feel the love you sent him.icon_ponder.gif

But you dont see that...huh.

Now I know Im not the only one that see this....No matter how anyone brings up anything to you we get the same old Gorf.

Nice to see thing really dont change.

Hope you really see the way you deal with others. It must kill you to to just take a jab once in awhile.

Its really hard to go thru life without any oil on your feathers.

Respect:

-A feeling of appreciative, often deferential regard; esteem.

-polite or kind regard

Tact(tactful):

-having or showing a sense of what is fitting and considerate in dealing with others; "she was tactful enough not to shatter his illusion"; "a ... showing skill and sensitivity in dealing with people; "by diplomatic conduct he avoided antagonizing anyone in a sensitive manner

- consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offense

- showing tact or tactfulness; in a tactful manner; "he stepped tactfully in to prevent trouble"

Arrogant:

-Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.-Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others

swaggering:

- having or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy;

Edited by nonner242
  • Like 1

"WOW! Sorry to offer my help, sheesh... "

I guess that he didnt feel the love you sent him

But you dont see that...huh.

(rest of page full of useless banter deleted)

Taking lessons from the media types I see? OR are you Bill's brother?

Changing the subject.

accuse the person of interest of actions never commited.

Avoid providing proof of your complaints against me.

Here, since you obviously refuse to read what I actually replied,

I 'll just post it so you can't miss it this time.

Gorf answered Marvio.....

"Also I am quite capable of doing 3D models on my own so the likely hood of me personnaly needing

outside help is unlikely. "

Then after his over-reaction to my reply, I simply wrote the following to

assure him I was not slighting him. Yet you have a knack for missing the

obvious so here it is in plain view for you.

Gorf answered Marvio.....

"Don't be sorry. I simply saying that I don't need a 3D model designer.

I need a 3D model renderer. That's not a slight on you at all. "

Now please tell me how I was arrogant, not tactful, disrespectful, or swaggering.

Now either provide this, or be the 3rd to be welcome to my ignore list.

Now is your biased in your attitude becasue I dare told you your precious

wittle neo geo cant hold a candle to the Jagur in terms of power?

Please get a grip on reality and also, do your self a favor...dont ever try

living in New Jersey. You'd be crying bloody murder daily if you think this

is arrogant, not tactful, disrespectful, or swaggering.

Let me know when you are ready to admit you are wrong.

Edited by Gorf

Guys, please, enough with the name calling and get back on topic. I really don't want to have to lock this thread as that just pisses me off when it's a few people arguing back and forth and derailing what could otherwise be a worthwhile thread.

In case you forgot, here is the original topic:

I am sure that it must be possible, obviously it means that you'd have to do some CD/DVD device compatible with the jaggie due to the limited no. of jagcd devices made and in circulation

Thanks,

..Al

I think you will find every Jag owner who wants the CD add-on has one. There isn't a shortage of them at all, there are plenty of places selling the units they are just not that cheap.

I agree Jag CD's are always avalible. You can pick them up from 130-180 most of the tiem on ebay. I personally own 7 of them just buying random game bundles over the years