IGNORED

What is the Hold Up on Castlevania Rebirth?

StanJr

Anybody hear anything, because NP said this game would be out by the time their last issue hit and still nothing. I am pretty excited since it is a Castlevania game.

What's the word.

I see a bunch of previews of the game, but none give an exact release date.

The weird thing about Castlevania Rebirth is that it is already released for a month or so in Japan, but no North American/Euro dates.

Contra Rebirth is good. The Frogger one is good too altho it's not called Rebirth.

I feel like I've been waiting for Gauntlet DS and Castlevania Rebirth Wii forever. I hope one eventually sees the light of day. I waited for Sinistar on the Atari 8bit for 5 years back in the day, and you could say I am still waiting for it now!!! lol so these things do happen.

Yeah, it really has. The last two for the PS2 were pretty good, but the environments were disappointing in terms of interaction and depth. Very rigid.

The gameboy/DS games have been great, but for the most part they have been rather similar (have not played the newest DS game, though). I would be nice to just get back to awesome platforming action.

oddly enough it showed up in the Wii Store today! Yipee!!

I know how ironic, I just installed the Japanese version last night and today I can get USA version. BTW the game is A W E S O M E !!! Of course, I love the old school Castlevanias, so I am biased. I even played the original GB game this one is (very loosely) based on. I actually fought through the annoying eye balls once already!!

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone download this? Personally, I finished it yesterday. It was fun, really, and I'm sure I will finish it several more times. I have my qualms with it and think some things should have been done differently, but overall it's still a well-done classic-style Castlevania game.

Edited by Austin

• 2 weeks later...

And so I have. Another great Castlevania game in a long line of great Castlevania games. 2-D platforming at its best again! But what this game has to do with the Castlevania Adventure for the Gameboy is beyond me...

Highly recommended!!

Asides from the story, a couple of enemies and the implementation of the fireball, that's about it. I was really disappointed that they didn't remix any of CVA's music and instead used tunes from other previous games like Bloodlines... The original GB game's first level tune especially is probably one of the best in the linear series, IMO, and would have sounded great remixed. Rather than taking tunes from the first CVA, they DO include a tune from part II.. I still think it would've been better to use tunes from the original game. Eh, I digress.. It's still a fun play, at least.

Edited by Austin