IGNORED

IK+

pavros

Hi, good to see you're stil working in it and new things are coming.

I always love the IK musics.

This is or not Rob Hubbard's original?

Anyone (a Musician opinion...) knows anything about origins of the IK and IK+ songs?

I never get a real prove nor explanations anywhere, just some people talking anbout it, like in IK C64 video at you Tube:

" *

This is my favorite Hubbard tune. There's some unnecessary looping and the shifts at 4:05 and 8:55 aren't very polished. I don't hold these details against the song since altogether it's one of the most progressive c64 tracks ever made. Very impressive. btw. If you haven't noticed yet, you can upload over 10min videos, the actual limit is just under 11min.

Manialt (há 1 ano)

Aye, besides the over-looping its an impressive tune. And ye, i just dicovered the other day :) thanks though.. The last part is just more looping so i didnt care, but still..

m0ngm4n (há 1 ano)

I played this game loads back when i was a kid, 4 player awesome fighting game! Which in my mind was the first :) 5/5!

Manialt (há 1 ano)

theres also International Karate + seems theres a big difference in the music, gonna put it on queue, not sure which one of them i played.

thuaners (há 9 meses)

i love this music :D brings back memories! great tune.. thanks for uploading!

tuhind (há 11 meses)

Love Rob Hubbard...however it sounds like the theme to Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence by Ryupchi Sakamoto. Rob's best tune is probably Zoids or LastV8

Jauly (há 1 mês)

isn't this an enhanced "cover" of forbidden colours by sylvain/sakamoto?

d0dge25 (há 1 mês)

One of the coolest games ever with one of Rob's best songs. Beauty in simplicity ... fighting in front of the Shinx ... xD

* "

And yes, I prefer the A8 Music!...

But discouver some curiousities/strange things:

Greetings.

José Pereira.

That vocal video is insane if not a bit weird!

Anyone (a Musician opinion...) knows anything about origins of the IK and IK+ songs?

I never get a real prove nor explanations anywhere, just some people talking anbout it, like in IK C64 video at you Tube:

" *

This is my favorite Hubbard tune. There's some unnecessary looping and the shifts at 4:05 and 8:55 aren't very polished. I don't hold these details against the song since altogether it's one of the most progressive c64 tracks ever made. Very impressive. btw. If you haven't noticed yet, you can upload over 10min videos, the actual limit is just under 11min.

Manialt (há 1 ano)

Aye, besides the over-looping its an impressive tune. And ye, i just dicovered the other day :) thanks though.. The last part is just more looping so i didnt care, but still..

m0ngm4n (há 1 ano)

I played this game loads back when i was a kid, 4 player awesome fighting game! Which in my mind was the first :) 5/5!

Manialt (há 1 ano)

theres also International Karate + seems theres a big difference in the music, gonna put it on queue, not sure which one of them i played.

thuaners (há 9 meses)

tuhind (há 11 meses)

Love Rob Hubbard...however it sounds like the theme to Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence by Ryupchi Sakamoto. Rob's best tune is probably Zoids or LastV8

Jauly (há 1 mês)

d0dge25 (há 1 mês)

One of the coolest games ever with one of Rob's best songs. Beauty in simplicity ... fighting in front of the Shinx ... xD

* "

Greetings.

José Pereira.

First about Game it's not very often that someone could adapt Instruments into Games and they look very, very good. Probably better in computer for someone like you that doesn't like original but think this Music is great on IK!...

Something like it would be good to see some Michael Nyman (if there aren't already...) musics on computers, but on 8bits (if possible):

(who don't remembers the great Epic Film "PIANO").

I spent some money to see him one of the times he come to lisbon in Teatro são Luiz and it is... "no words"

PIANO

This are songs of the Heaven (not ours Heaven :D, the other one)

Celestial Musics, voices of Heaven like: Enya, LizFrazer (Cocteau Twins), Liza Gerard (Dead Can Dance), All About Eve, This Mortal Coil, Mystiere des Voix Bulgaires,...)

ENYA

Or some Portuguese:

DIVA

MADREDEUS

And our great Modern Musician (our Nyman/Sakamoto...), Rodrigo Leão:

Yes, this was a Game Thread but I couldn't resist to get some nostalgic...

(you have some music to ear this Night, you can get your A8 alone for a bit ;))

Greetings.

José Pereira.

" *

Manialt (há 1 ano)

m0ngm4n (há 1 ano)

Manialt (há 1 ano)

thuaners (há 9 meses)

tuhind (há 11 meses)

Jauly (há 1 mês)

d0dge25 (há 1 mês)

* "

Greetings.

José Pereira.

You are refering the C64 vocals,... for some time I thought you didn't like Sakamoto's song... ;)

Greets to you.

José Pereira.

Forget many, but if you don't mind:

Spanish (1975):

And all from Ireland. I think I will born Irish if I wasn't born portuguese.

Even Folk, Pop: POGUES, CORRS and CRABERRIES.

This one always make me crying:

Enough for Today... I am begining to be a little depressed and crying :sad: :sad:

:thumbsup: people!...

José Pereira.

• 8 years later...

I suspect it's probably a modified music rip or a synthesized repro.

It sounds terrible compared to real POKEY music, and I'm pretty sure I've heard the C64 version before too, and while I still preferred the POKEY I'm used too, I think it was good, hence my questioning this was C64, Since the C64 was the more popular computer, it's usually the go-to for music rips from old games anyway.

• Like 1

That's true fan dedication though, not just making a video like that in humorous "honor" of IK, but doing up the entire backstage set painting of the level from the game too. Costumes, bonus level head-bang prop, etc.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 2

My Son and I have been playing International Karate Enhanced for the past week or so and have really enjoyed it. I wondered if anyone had ported over IK+ so was pleased to see this thread! We've played IK+ a fair bit today and it's brilliant, very smooth and the background looks superb; I certainly wouldn't mind contributing to see it finished :)

Here's the link to the download of IK+

• 1 year later...