Tyler's Dungeons

Up N Down

Viking Raider

Vindicators

Voice Box cartridge by Alien Group

Warp Speed

Zaxxon

Zestaw 13

...please PM if you have any of these games with what you might be looking to get for 'em $USD wise. Not looking to pay collectors or eBay prices here. Just looking to add more to the collection without breaking the bank. I'm more of a gamer - NOT a collector. I realize some of these may be unrealistic to obtain for reasonable due to their rarity, but thanks for looking anyway!

Edited by save2600

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, I never knew anybody who had that many C64 cartridges!!! I've only seen 2-3 in my life!

I wonder what the disk drive adoption rate was for the C64? I'm sure it has to be one of the highest in 8-bit computer history. I remember several Atari8 users (like myself) struggling with cassette back in the day, but everyone had cartridges. I can't really recall any C64 users who didn't have the 1541; most everybody bought both, probably because Commodore prices were so reasonable back in the day, so most games on disk?

You should take pics of your C64 collection with all those cartridges!!!

Wow, I never knew anybody who had that many C64 cartridges!!!

Actually, I "only" have 57 unique game carts. The list above is what I'm in pursuit of. There's about 145 of 'em total, according to this list I found on the net. Some of those games like Batman, Shadow of the Beast, etc., were made by Ocean - so that might have been mostly a European thing.

And yes, I too have have noticed a disproportionate amount of C64 users having disk drives compared to A8 folks. The dems/stats of it all are very interesting. C64 stuff was priced well, but it wasn't super cheap. I suspect many a dealer gave a discount if you bought both at the same time. Back in the mid 80's, when I had my C64 and drive, the system cost $200 and the drive was just about as much, if not a little more actually. Bundled together, it was probably in the $400-$450 range.

Edited by save2600

Wow, I never knew anybody who had that many C64 cartridges!!! I've only seen 2-3 in my life!

You don't know me then heh... I have almost all of them in existence... though that's partly because of my unrelenting pursuit and knowledge to do with Commodore cartridges. The best place for official lists will be Digital Press, as I head up the Commodore lists there. Most of them are American, but there's quite a few European releases too, some very obscure indeed...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking for these C64 game cartridges (not disks):

Alien Sidestep

Amazing Maze

Astroblitz

Badlands

Batman the Movie

Battle Command

Beamrider

Block Hopper

Bug Crusher

Castle Hassle

Chase HQ 2

Checkers

Close Encounters of the Worst Kind

Crisis Mountain

Cyberball

Diamond Mine

Dot Gobbler

Double Dragon

Espial

Frogger

Howzat

In the Chips

Jack Attack

James Bond 007

Jawbreaker II

Juice

Laser Cycles

Last Ninja Remix

Lazer Zone

Leaderboard Golf

Lunar Leeper

Lunar Outpost

Mach 5

Mario's Berwery

Maze Master

Miner 2049er

Moondust

Motor Mania

Mountain King

Mr. Cool

Mr. TNT

Myth

Navy Seals

Oil's Well

Pang

Pastfinder

Pipes

Pit

Princess and Frog

Puzzle Panic

Rack 'Em Up

Retro Ball

River Raid

Robocop 2

Robocop 3

Sammy Lightfoot

Seafox

Serpentine

Shadow of the Beast

Solar Fox

Space Gun

Space Journey

Space Rick-O-Shay

Space Shuttle

Spitball

Spy Hunter

Star Ranger

Star Wars: The Arcade Game

Super Smash

Super Zaxxon

Sword of Fargoal

Tank Wars

Terminator 2

Threshold

Toki

Toy Bizzare

Trashman

Turbo Maze Man

Tyler's Dungeons

Up N Down

Viking Raider

Vindicators

Voice Box cartridge by Alien Group

Warp Speed

Zaxxon

Zestaw 13

...please PM if you have any of these games and what you might be looking to get for 'em. Thanks for looking!

I sent a PM I have Spitball and Jack Attack

Will those UK/EU releases work on an NTSC machine? I've always been under the impression that they won't.

You know, for some strange reason, I was under the impression that the carts were not hardware dependent. Looking around though, it looks as if they probably are. Converting an NTSC machine over to PAL looks to involve a bunch of component swaps (unlike an Amiga for instance, where you can simply switch between modes with software OR a simple hardware jumper).

All my monitors are PAL capable, which means the screen won't roll at least. But sounds as if there'd be some speed and color differences. Oh well. When searching for a C64 cartridge list, I don't recall any being divided by NTSC/PAL standards. Guess I'll either edit that list someday or wait and see what happens when I get my first PAL cart. :lol:

Edited by save2600

• 2 weeks later...

**puts on my psychic hat** save2600 will sell me all of his spare cartridges... save2600 will sell me all of his spare cartridges... save2600 will sell me all of his spare cartridges... **passes out from the effort**

I see your "psychic hat" and raise you a Jedi Mind Trick... "save2600 will sell me his spare C64 cartridges, the top-dog isn't the AA member you are looking for, move along" :lol:

• Like 1

**puts on my psychic hat** save2600 will sell me all of his spare cartridges... save2600 will sell me all of his spare cartridges... save2600 will sell me all of his spare cartridges... **passes out from the effort**

I see your "psychic hat" and raise you a Jedi Mind Trick... "save2600 will sell me his spare C64 cartridges, the top-dog isn't the AA member you are looking for, move along" :lol:

Apparently the Commodore Jedi Council HQ is in Washington state....."Dont bother with these little ones, Save2600, they're not worth your trouble, let me buy you a drink".......

**We all know how this little scene plays out. You'd probably be better off just sending me the carts and getting to keep your arm...**

Edited by Chuck D. Head