IGNORED

GAMMA-ATTACK 1982 code Listing for $6000.00

gamecrawler

:)

I am offering up to any serious 2600 collector my only GAMMA-ATTACK

assembly source code listing. This was printed in 1982 on a ASR33 TeleType hooked

to my Apple II Plus development system. It is yellowed and showing 26+ years of age.

(Photo attached.)

This is my history & shows how hard it was to develop a game back then.

I'm asking $6000.00 for it. Please contact me thru PM with any serious offers.

and Happy Holidays to All :) :)

post-17994-126157750388_thumb.jpg

:)

I am offering up to any serious 2600 collector my only GAMMA-ATTACK

assembly source code listing. This was printed in 1982 on a ASR33 TeleType hooked

to my Apple II Plus development system. It is yellowed and showing 26+ years of age.

(Photo attached.)

This is my history & shows how hard it was to develop a game back then.

I'm asking $6000.00 for it. Please contact me thru PM with any serious offers.

and Happy Holidays to All :) :)

Ka-jing! Recession be damned, eh? Wowza, that's the priciest thing I've ever seen on this site!

I honestly have no idea of what this could actually be worth, though.

How do we know for sure you didn't print that on old paper just today? Plus a friend of my brothers gym teacher's hairdresser told me you bought some teletype ink ribbons five weeks ago so this looks really fishy. Plus I have an original teletype printout of your game that I got at a garage sale in 1983 and it's a totally different font. The jig is up old man. Why don't you tell us the real story.

Sorry my bad humor got the best of me. Good luck with the sale!

• Like 1

I honestly have no idea of what this could actually be worth, though.

paper: 1.20$

ink: 78 cents

How do we know for sure you didn't print that on old paper just today? Plus a friend of my brothers gym teacher's hairdresser told me you bought some teletype ink ribbons five weeks ago so this looks really fishy. Plus I have an original teletype printout of your game that I got at a garage sale in 1983 and it's a totally different font. The jig is up old man. Why don't you tell us the real story.

:D

bad humor is probably the only reasonable reaction to this :D

Ka-jing! Recession be damned, eh? Wowza, that's the priciest thing I've ever seen on this site!

i think so ... even Atari's prototype consoles went for less than that ... even the mindlink prototype i think (?)

if you would have left out the asking price, this whole sale would have had a way more reasonable start ...

you should rather sell single sheets like Best Electronics is selling their original microfiches ...

To price something such as a programming listing at $6,000.00 must indicate it means a lot to you. A piece of your personal history. I would not sell this. Hang on to it!

it's quite amazing how much confusion that initial 500.000$ gamma attack listing on ebay has created :P

To price something such as a programming listing at $6,000.00 must indicate it means a lot to you. A piece of your personal history. I would not sell this. Hang on to it!

Not being a 2600 collector I don't think he has any idea how desirable things are or how much the market might bear. I would think in this case he is just playing it safe. You price it high and come down as needed to market price. If you price it too low right off the bat someone buys it at a bargin and that is it. You can go down but not up.

I have my own ideas but I'm not really sure what the market will bear on something like this. I do have a feeling we will all be finding out shortly.

Not being a 2600 collector I don't think he has any idea how desirable things are or how much the market might bear. I would think in this case he is just playing it safe. You price it high and come down as needed to market price. If you price it too low right off the bat someone buys it at a bargin and that is it. You can go down but not up.

I have my own ideas but I'm not really sure what the market will bear on something like this. I do have a feeling we will all be finding out shortly.

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with asking for a high price and then settling for the highest offer. This may be a "niche" item, but it is a one-of-a-kind and I personally wouldn't let this go cheap ;)