IGNORED

Altirra w/VBXE emulation

phaeron

Well,

IZ-ARC does it (and many other packer/archiver formats as well)... so here it is as a ZIP file...

-Andreas Koch.

Rybags: perhaps TGZ will do for you http://drac030.krap.pl/s2vbxe.tgz

(repacked it from ARC to TAR under emu, then gzipped under Total Commander).

CON.SYS is not extracting by any method under XP. Half the time it says that a so named file already exists. So far, I'm not having any luck in extracting this at all.

CON.SYS is not extracting by any method under XP. Half the time it says that a so named file already exists. So far, I'm not having any luck in extracting this at all.

In addition, extraction of the ARC package fails on both wintel and A8 (SDX 4.42).

I have just downloaded the file to a Windows box, it has been downloaded well (31434 bytes long), and it gets tested and extracted properly, under Windows and under SDX. Obviously, CON.* is not supposed to be a valid MS-DOS file, but at the other hand one is not supposed to extract it under an m$ operating system (but rather on a8, under SpartaDOS).

If you still have problems, please provide steps to reproduce them.

• Like 1

• 9 years later...
26 minutes ago, adam242 said:

Apologies for bumping such an old thread, but didn't want to start a new one for a simple question.

How does one enable VBXE emulation in Altirra 3.00?? I don't see the option anywhere in the drop-down menus. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.9d9b188abd7414318195c843cd3f0090.PNG

and use add button to find video board on the list..

Edited by rdea6
this quote system sucks.

Yes, was in the Video section but later moved to the more correct devices..

Its deffo in there but more to the point, why use an old version of Altirra, almost every release adds something new and fun to play with and emulation accuracy is always pushed higher and higher..

Stable versions are great but in most cases dev releases offer improvements and very rarely has Altirra had a regression as part of a dev release...Get the latest Dev, all the bios's files have been linked and posted by me a few times..

• Like 1