IGNORED

And he's at it again!

STICH666

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3204645145621?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320464514562&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This guy needs to just stop already.

Seriously get over it. If someone wants to charge more then you want to pay then dont freaking buy it. I still would rather pay more for something o know works then some peice of crap on ebay. I have purchased systems that were DOA and i was just outta my money. You pay a premium for working and complete. Get off it

Ebay is full of vultures. Hopefully nobody is stupid enough to bid, and this turd will have wasted the listing fees. Best case scenario.

This is the issue that people cause. Do you have any idea what a complete vectrex is worth. Have you ever seen another for sale. Probably not. Dont attack people for the way they run there business. If noone buys it he will probably lower the price. Once again sometimes you pay more for a Complete and Mint set. Its called collecting. Its not supposed to be cheap. So dont be so judgemental

Ebay is full of vultures. Hopefully nobody is stupid enough to bid, and this turd will have wasted the listing fees. Best case scenario.

This is the issue that people cause. Do you have any idea what a complete vectrex is worth. Have you ever seen another for sale. Probably not. Dont attack people for the way they run there business. If noone buys it he will probably lower the price. Once again sometimes you pay more for a Complete and Mint set. Its called collecting. Its not supposed to be cheap. So dont be so judgemental

Dude, a CIB Vextrex is not worth $1k and the listing (as well as 95 percent of the rest of this sellers listings) is retarded and made fun of with just.

It's worth $10k if there's someone stupid enough to pay that. This vulture is welcome to overcharge on this and anything else he wants (and as was said much of his items are indeed overpriced) just as I and others are welcome to be judgmental about it (this being NOT Cuba and all).

Meantime welcome to Atari Age. I look forward to discussing anything and everything Atari with you!

Or, did you just join to defend your auction? :ponder: That would be sad not just for the obvious, but also because you're doing a crappy job wooing potential customers. ;)

Toodles!

By the by...if it's worth so much, why slap a $999 BIN on it and waste the listing fees? Start it at .99 cents and let it run if it's worth so much no?

Are you joking? CIB vectrex systems are relatively common. At least 2 per month on US eBay. I sold one for $90 and onefor $150 last year. If you pay $1000 it's not called collecting, it's called acting stupid.

Have you ever SEEN a Vectrex for sale before? If you did, then you'd know that jetset is right. This guy is some crusty old ebay vulture, preying on the stupid to make a quick buck. Also, this guy does NOT lower his prices. He just keeps going at it.

It's worth $10k if there's someone stupid enough to pay that. This vulture is welcome to overcharge on this and anything else he wants (and as was said much of his items are indeed overpriced) just as I and others are welcome to be judgmental about it (this being NOT Cuba and all).

Meantime welcome to Atari Age. I look forward to discussing anything and everything Atari with you!

Or, did you just join to defend your auction? icon_ponder.gif That would be sad not just for the obvious, but also because you're doing a crappy job wooing potential customers. icon_wink.gif

Toodles!

By the by...if it's worth so much, why slap a $999 BIN on it and waste the listing fees? Start it at .99 cents and let it run if it's worth so much no?

LOL, that was my first thought too :D

Im just saying ive bought plenty of stuff on ebay, some of which didnt work when it arrived. Including a vectrex. Ive gotten to the point id rather spend more and know what im getting. And for some reason every vintage system on ebay doesnt even show it working and they all say untested and as is. It gets old to be honest. Id rather just pay more and do it one time. Not have to buy it three or four times to get a complete working system. In my collection of vintage systems i have bought my share of DOA systems. Im trying to say that if someone is willing to repair and show that an item works its worth more. If you dont want to pay that much take the risk on a system that may or may not work.

Im just saying ive bought plenty of stuff on ebay, some of which didnt work when it arrived. Including a vectrex. Ive gotten to the point id rather spend more and know what im getting. And for some reason every vintage system on ebay doesnt even show it working and they all say untested and as is. It gets old to be honest. Id rather just pay more and do it one time. Not have to buy it three or four times to get a complete working system. In my collection of vintage systems i have bought my share of DOA systems. Im trying to say that if someone is willing to repair and show that an item works its worth more. If you dont want to pay that much take the risk on a system that may or may not work.

So this is your auction right?

Nope not my auction. I dont have anything that complete. I have purchased stuff from the same person and he is amazingly flexible on his price. He sold me a bunch of stuff to complete my odyssey at a very reasonable price. But irregaurdless of who it is i think people need to stop making topics on such a stupid subject. Personally i think it is childish to take time to attack someone else for whatever they want to do. Like it was said, this isnt cuba and a seller can charge whatever they want.

Nope not my auction. I dont have anything that complete. I have purchased stuff from the same person and he is amazingly flexible on his price. He sold me a bunch of stuff to complete my odyssey at a very reasonable price. But irregaurdless of who it is i think people need to stop making topics on such a stupid subject. Personally i think it is childish to take time to attack someone else for whatever they want to do. Like it was said, this isnt cuba and a seller can charge whatever they want.

Glad you got him to make a deal on the Odyssey stuff you bought cause that guy has the highest prices in the whole world on Odyssey goods.

Fair enough, but you mention paying more equals guaranteed working. Not in those exact words but damn close.

Sorry but that's crazy. Even this auction were talking about, though it says it is tested, the words "AS IS" appear, and not five sentences later "NO RETURNS" appears as well.

Not to say he's trying to screw people into anything by selling a defective system, but if you think paying 2-3 times the real value means your guaranteed then you're dead wrong. Sure it could power up, but could also crap out after playing ten minutes, or certain games freeze or crash, etc...

As to the free economy, that's all well and good. Free economy also means people have the right to laugh at, and otherwise avoid through word of mouth people who are trying to prey on the naive.

That said, you really should rethink your strategy. Further you should poke around Atari Age. Unless you're an impulse buyer, and/or have money to piss away this site is invaluable at helping steer novice collectors away from sellers like this one.

A red light just went off. It is starting to become obvious that this *is* your auction.

I now also hate you for posting that bastardization of "regardless". The fact you misspelled the bastardization makes me hate you even more.

If you get two non-working systems, unless you're incredibly unlucky, or don't have two halves of a brain to glue together, you should usually be able to make one working system out of them, therefore still saving yourself from having to pay five prices for one supposedly "working" system.

You're right though, a person has a right to ask whatever they want for an item -- I just hope there aren't very many people stupid enough to actually pay it.

Some people in here need to watch their tongues to be honest. I am NOT the one selling this. Can you not get that through your thick skull. I wouldnt personally pay $1000 for this but if i wanted all that stuff id consider. I paid $100 for my odyssey, it was missing so much that the seller failed to tell me about. By the time I acquired all the things it was missing i was over $300. Part of me wishes i paid the extra and got the whole thing at once. Ive paid almost $100 in seperate shipping. So once again sometimes you pay a price to get it all at once. So lets grow up and use this space for something that has some meaning.

To be honest im getting sick of people accusing me of being anyone but who i am. But it gets old just seeing childish stuff posted here about anyone and their prices. People need to be constructive and not immature children.

That said, you really should rethink your strategy. Further you should poke around Atari Age. Unless you're an impulse buyer, and/or have money to piss away this site is invaluable at helping steer novice collectors away from sellers like this one.

i would like to look around here and find some good deals. Im trying to complete my odyssey and Atari collection at the moment