IGNORED

Arkyology - New prototype discovered - Finished Game!

CRV

Whatever happened to this? Is there going to be a release?

Yes, there will be, we both have had a crazy time in real life. But 100 PCB's have already been prepped for getting EPROM's on them. Maybe one of the conventions this year.

• Like 4

Whatever happened to this? Is there going to be a release?

Yes, there will be, we both have had a crazy time in real life. But 100 PCB's have already been prepped for getting EPROM's on them. Maybe one of the conventions this year.

I was talking about this the other day and glad you can make it happen ... I hadn't been to "a show" yet. it'd be a great excuse for vacation plans :)

I can't stand when games are released at shows. (that is, when it's handled that way exclusively) Makes it a massive pain in the neck for those of us who want to purchase the game, but are unable to attend the show.

Also dislike it when games are released exclusively as C.I.B. Alienates us loose cart collectors. Costs more money, and I usually just toss the box & manual into the junk pile.

• Like 2

I can't stand when games are released at shows. (that is, when it's handled that way exclusively) Makes it a massive pain in the neck for those of us who want to purchase the game, but are unable to attend the show.

Also dislike it when games are released exclusively as C.I.B. Alienates us loose cart collectors. Costs more money, and I usually just toss the box & manual into the junk pile.

Not my choice, that is what he wants to do. My guess is he wants to sell it in person for signatures.

And my opinion is:

crybaby2.gif

• Like 2

Tact was never one of your strong suits, was it? ;)

Not with someone who constantly accuses me of things I have nothing to do with. I will build the carts for Paul (when he is ready), what he does with them is up to him. Cry babies, like I said.

Entitlement you have not. yoda.gif

• Like 2

He who has the gold rules. I have always hated how the communty decides how someone should get paid

He wrote the damn game 30 years ago, he can do whatever he wants with it. He can also decide to not ever release it and nobody is going to pry the ROM from me, that is why people trust me with this stuff. If Toki doesn't work out, I am not giving the ROM to anyone, that is up to Willard. If Tank Blitz isn't gonna work out, not giving out the ROM either, it belongs to Wonder007, same with another proto that has not been released yet.

• Like 10

I'm glad it's not forgotten. I do hope and strongly encourage the author for an opportunity to purchase besides a convention that I'll never attend. Nobody's begging for the rom... we all just want to be able to get one.

• Like 1

So no hope for foreign buyers then

Yes, there is plenty of hope for foreign buyers and domestic buyers who are unable to attend the shows.

I never said that it was impossible to get the cartridge, I merely said that it was a pain in the neck.

Most of these kinds of releases are available in the Atari Age store after the show is over, and/or

available to purchase here in the forums in a second run of carts, and/or the rom is released

a few months later for anyone who wants to build their own cartridge. So just be patient and see what happens.

When the time comes, if it is clearly stated by those involved that the game will indeed only be at the show,

and that it will not be sold after the show later down the road and/or the rom released, then we simply go to

the usual plan B. Someone I know who attends the show can purchase the game for us there.

So no worries. As with any and all releases, no matter how "limited" they are perceived to be,

the game is always eventually available to anyone who wants it bad enough.

• 5 months later...

I just checked back in. As CPUWIZ stated, there was a lot going on that needed sorting before proper attention could be given to getting this game released.

I'll work with CPUWIZ to get this cartridge out soon, and I very much appreciate everyone's patience. I'd like the first release to be at a show -- with serial numbers starting at '1', and subsequently I hope to have it readily available to all.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...