IGNORED

Arkyology - New prototype discovered - Finished Game!

CRV

How

How could I not? It's totally awesome. I hope they use when they release the game. I tried to make my own for the Passion of Jesus game.

CPUWIZ has sent me a bunch of the materials he was going to use for the release of this game which should arrive next week. Enough to put together a handful of Arkyology carts that he was going to make but didn't. Now I'm making a few of them with those materials. So if you are serious shoot me a PM. And yes, they will have that label.

• Like 2

Will this differ from the Atari Age release mentioned on page 14 or is this the Atari Age release? Is there going to be a "definitive" version?

Thanks!

Yes, there will be a store release later. This is just a handful of carts or so, for people who like Shawn's label and don't have a flash cart.

• Like 2

Yes, there will be a store release later. This is just a handful of carts or so, for people who like Shawn's label and don't have a flash cart.

Correct. I'm only making 6 of them and 2 are already spoken for. Everyone else will have to wait for the worldwide release Albert will be doing via the AtariAge store.

• Like 2

Current dev:

Been optimizing and trimming superfluous Romspace (over a page free in both banks now). Intermission roll still not fixed yet, tho.

For those who find the game a bit too challenging, I added a couple of options:

Bonus chances, earned after each feeding stage, are normally not allowed to go above 3. When the left difficulty switch is on B / Beginner, they will. The game will only display a maximum of 3, tho.

Alligators can be switched out when the right difficulty switch is on B / Beginner. They will only appear when this switch is on A / Expert.

Those options make the game considerably easier, so I put the boat in "water" ;)

Also:

In addition to adding animation for the porcupine, setting the TV type to Color also corrects the day counter (reading 100-128 instead of 0-28).

Arky-Mod(fix_v3).bin

Arky-Mod(PAL60_v3).bin

• Like 3

Current dev:

Been optimizing and trimming superfluous Romspace (over a page free in both banks now). Intermission roll still not fixed yet, tho.

Bonus chances, earned after each feeding stage, are normally not allowed to go above 3. When the left difficulty switch is on B / Beginner, they will. The game will only display a maximum of 3, tho.

Alligators can be switched out when the right difficulty switch is on B / Beginner. They will only appear when this switch is on A / Expert.

Those options make the game considerably easier, so I put the boat in "water" ;)

Also:

In addition to adding animation for the porcupine, setting the TV type to Color also corrects the day counter (reading 100-128 instead of 0-28).

Arky-Mod(fix_v3).bin seems to introduce an odd artifact at the top of the Ark when played in Stella. I see a gray line top of the Ark starting at about midway through the scan. It flickers a bit seemling based on movement?

Ive got some questions here...

regarding the video that the classic gamer guy posted on YouTube, how come when he started his game, it began with the regular screen, and then placed the day screen afterwards? My cart never does that? In fact, you dont even have to hit reset. The second you power up the Atari, it immediately starts a game & shows the day 1 screen.

on the screen that it tells you what day it is, why is it green? Its always blue on my TV.

a few pages back in this thread, someone posted a pic where the alligator was red instead of green. I assumed that happened later in the game, but Ive only seen green ones?

the turtles are black on my tv, but they are green on that video?

I dont know whats going on here, be it hacked rom sets, stella emulator issues, or people using PAL stuff. All I know, is that Im using a 100% authentic / original & unmodified Atari 2600 console vía old school antenna connections on an old school CRT television. So by definition, shouldnt that be the correct scenario?

Lastly, heck, if your gonna make a hack, improve bugs, lower the difficulty, etc. and you have a ton of extra rom space to work with, is it possible to throw together a title screen?

Arky-Mod(fix_v3).bin seems to introduce an odd artifact at the top of the Ark when played in Stella. I see a gray line top of the Ark starting at about midway through the scan. It flickers a bit seemling based on movement?

I'm not seeing it. Got a snapshot (=) from Stella? The topmost glitch that I know about is the 2 green dots on the scanline that just precedes drawing the upper tubes (the gfx register is set to #$55 a little too soon).

Lastly, heck, if your gonna make a hack, improve bugs, lower the difficulty, etc. and you have a ton of extra rom space to work with, is it possible to throw together a title screen?

That is going to happen...but not until the existing issues are fixed. Game options only take a few bytes, alternate screens take up a whole lot more. Adding a second player game selection is also on the table.

• Like 1

I'm not seeing it. Got a snapshot (=) from Stella? The topmost glitch that I know about is the 2 green dots on the scanline that just precedes drawing the upper tubes (the gfx register is set to #$55 a little too soon).

With Stella's video settings on 'default' the right half of the top line are showing as gray. During movement it fluctuates as well...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/gallery_ips/gallery/album_1483/gallery_43582_1483_1700.png

Arky M3 2

Edited by pwalters

Current dev:

Also:

Hey Nukey. Thanks for your work on this, but I notice that whether the left difficulty switch is in A or B position, you can have four plus lives.

I could try it out tonight on my 7800 when I get home.

But Im still playing the original version.

I could burn a couple EPROMs though & test out these others your asking about & report the results.

I can also try it on a 5200 with the converter.

and a ColecoVision with the converter.

and a junior

and a 6 switch

and a 4 switch

and a Vader

etc.

• Like 2

I could try it out tonight on my 7800 when I get home.

But Im still playing the original version.

I could burn a couple EPROMs though & test out these others your asking about & report the results.

I can also try it on a 5200 with the converter.

and a ColecoVision with the converter.

and a junior

and a 6 switch

and a 4 switch

and a Vader

etc.

Try this bin on a 7800 and a 2600 if you can. It's a doubled up bin for use with a 32k chip. Also, attached is a doubled up copy of donald duck as a control.

ark2_32k.bin

duck32k.bin

Edited by Shawn

Does Arkyology have a serial number?

Show me a picture of your eprom burner setup,a copy of the modified binary that you would have needed to put on that telegames cart you said you made your ark cart from and then I'll tell you about the serial number qustion you asked. You went from not even knowing what F8 bankswitching was to making your own cartridge using a modified version of that setup days apart so I'm very curious to see your setup and means to the end you found so quickly.

Show me a picture of your eprom burner setup,a copy of the modified binary that you would have needed to put on that telegames cart you said you made your ark cart from and then I'll tell you about the serial number qustion you asked. You went from not even knowing what F8 bankswitching was to making your own cartridge using a modified version of that setup days apart so I'm very curious to see your setup and means to the end you found so quickly.

?????

I made my own cart with a self printed label just for fun, it's just an empty shell. No harm in doing so.....But I don't have to justify my actions to you.

I was just asking if this game, like Music Machine, has a serial.

Edited by high voltage

In the ROM that I released, there is no serial number.

In the upcoming AtariAge cartridge release, they will be serialized.

There will also be 2 versions of the game on the released cartridge. The original 1983 version, and a new updated version that will have a number of extended features -- power-ups, speed boost, etc.

• Like 8