IGNORED

FS: POKEY Chips for 80 Cents Each

jaybird3rd

I just got done disassembling one hundred 7800 Ballblazer cartridges:

PC260205.JPG

I picked up these cartridges mainly because I wanted to save the plastic shells and the POKEY chips for recycling. For subsequent batches, I will probably desolder the chips and sell them loose, but since I don't have time to do this at the moment, I'd like to offer this first batch of 100 POKEY chips to the AtariAge community for 80 cents each (plus shipping), still on the board. Desolder them yourself and use them for stereo upgrades for your Atari 8-bit computers, for your Cuttle Cart II or XBoard for the Atari 7800, or as spares/replacements for those computers, consoles, and arcade machines that use POKEY chips. The leftover boards can be reused as well, if you wish: just add a 74LS04 and a 0.1uF capacitor at locations U2 and C2, clip open the jumper at location W3, and replace the ROM with a 27C256 EPROM containing any Atari 7800 game (up to 32K) that does not require the POKEY chip.

I can comfortably fit up to sixteen of these boards into one small USPS Priority flat-rate box, so the shipping will be $4.95 per order in the continental USA whether you buy one board or sixteen; the more you buy at once, the cheaper each POKEY chip will be. If you're not in the continental USA, the shipping will be $10.95 to Canada/Mexico, or $12.95 for international shipping.

In addition to the boards, I've also got 100 fresh copies of the Atari Advantage 7800 Catalog/Poster on hand (each copy of Ballblazer came with one). As long as I can fit them in the box with the boards, I'll add as many of these as you want to your order for ten cents each.

PM me with your shipping information and how many boards/posters you'd like. If you want more than sixteen boards, let me know and I'll get back to you with a shipping quote.

EDIT: All 100 boards have now been spoken for, so I'm closing this listing to new offers for the time being. If any of those who have expressed interest in these boards decide not to follow through, I'll post another update with the quantities that are available. I will have more POKEY chips for sale in the near future, and hopefully, I will be able to offer loose chips (pulled from more Ballblazer boards) next time.

Thanks!

I'd like some - I assume the cart is still intact, disregarding lack of plastic shell (for my 7800).

Can you keep 4 aside for me, and work out shipping to Australia (Canberra, 2614). Might be cheaper if you could saw off the redundant part of the circuit board on all but one of them.

ed - I'd actually like more, but it'd come down to shipping costs.

Edited by Rybags

Yes, these boards are completely intact; all I've done is remove them from the shells. I'll get back to you with a shipping quote for four boards and for a full box of sixteen boards so you can compare the rates and decide. Thanks!

I just checked usps.com and it seems the same Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box of up to 4 pounds is $10.95 for Canada and Mexico and $12.95 for all other countries around the world. If that's right, please sign me up for 16 boards :)

I just checked usps.com and it seems the same Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box of up to 4 pounds is $10.95 for Canada and Mexico and $12.95 for all other countries around the world. If that's right, please sign me up for 16 boards :)

Thanks. Send me a PM with your information, and I'll set aside 16 boards for you.

I'll add the international rates to my original post.

Jay

Thanks. Send me a PM with your information, and I'll set aside 16 board for you.

I'll add the international rates to my original post.

Jay

I'd like some of these....do you have 20?

Update: All 100 boards have now been spoken for, so I'd like to close this listing to new offers for the time being. Some of the boards have not yet been paid for, so if those who have expressed interest decide not to follow through, I'll post another update with the quantities that are available.

I will have more POKEY chips available in the near future, and hopefully, I will be able to offer loose chips (pulled from more Ballblazer boards) next time.

Thanks!

Do you take PayPal? Can you PM me with your account name if so.

2 Public Holidays here this week, so the funds might take longer... for some reason they get slower every time I use them.

I think I already sent my information to you. Let me know if you didn't get my PM and I'll re-send it.

Update: All 100 boards have now been spoken for, so I'd like to close this listing to new offers for the time being. Some of the boards have not yet been paid for, so if those who have expressed interest decide not to follow through, I'll post another update with the quantities that are available.

I will have more POKEY chips available in the near future, and hopefully, I will be able to offer loose chips (pulled from more Ballblazer boards) next time.

Thanks!

dang, that is what I get for being sick :(

Thanks!

I'd much rather have them in board. That will make my futre releases a lot less of a hassle.

Thanks for going through the trouble of dealing with all the disassembly though!

I'd much rather have them in board. That will make my futre releases a lot less of a hassle.

Thanks for going through the trouble of dealing with all the disassembly though!

This seems to be the majority position among the buyers I've spoken to. I've learned that they prefer desoldering the chips themselves, or leaving them on the boards for other projects, so I think I've decided that selling the chips loose wouldn't be worth the effort.

However, one thing I am going to offer to do for my next batch is to cut the Ballblazer boards in half, selling only the top half containing the POKEY chip, unless the buyer specifically asks for whole boards. This is to save on shipping costs for international buyers, who are greatly in the majority and who have to pay $12.95 per box for shipping! Cutting the boards will allow me to fit up to 48 chips in a flat-rate box instead of 16, greatly bringing down the cost per chip for a full box.

The next batch will have to be slightly more expensive than the first was (one reason is that I need more antistatic bags), but don't worry ... these POKEY chips will still be a bargain compared to buying new loose chips for $10 each or more! I'll start a new thread when I have the next batch ready, probably within the next week or two.

Got any of the boxes left? If so, how much would you want for one? I'd probably pick up a couple pokeys at the same time.

I've got all of the boxes, along with the manuals and warranty cards. I was just going to recycle them, but if you want some, let me know after my next batch is ready and you can have as many as you want.

Got any of the boxes left? If so, how much would you want for one? I'd probably pick up a couple pokeys at the same time.

I've got all of the boxes, along with the manuals and warranty cards. I was just going to recycle them, but if you want some, let me know after my next batch is ready and you can have as many as you want.

I could use around 30 or 40 warranty cards and the single box for my silver label Ballblazer cart. Hook me up when the next batch comes around, and I'll thank your wallet. :)