IGNORED

So I think something is wrong with my CD-i...

Cheese007

That is a dead ringer for a board from a Dreamcast. What are the outputs for it? DC has 3.3, 5, 12. With a bit of retro fitting, I bet it would be a great replacement.

What's the power requirement?? I wish I had it in front of me to tell :|

DC board might fit, but it would require quite a bit of a hackjob, especially the power plug. It would be easier just to replace the failed capacitors and beef up the heatsink then or to replace it with an identical unit.

There's a guy and his sister on ePay that specializes in CD-i stuff. Replacement parts, etc. E-mail addresses are: dorwena AT yahoo.com & pcronmarkmike3 AT yahoo.com. Great people to work with...

I saw some of the parts, was particularly interested as my CD drive tray is also warped, meaning the disc likes to fly off the spindle and do all sorts of fun stuff inside the CD-i. It's gotten so bad I now run my CD-i with the cover off. Oh, and would you believe this thing was sold on eBay as working? :x At least it had the Digital Video Cartridge and 3 games to make up for it (only paid $40).

Ah, I didn't realise that replacements were available. Better to replace the caps on that one; might want to go with a few new resistors close to it as well and check the transformer. All of the parts on that board are really cheap to get.

I agree with Nathan on this one, if you are handy with an iron, just replace any busted components.