IGNORED

Creating Backups of Playstation Games (PS3 and PS2)

ninoy1995

Is it possible to create backups of PS3 and PS2 games WITHOUT using a mod chip? I found a software (Game Copy Wizard) that claims it can create backup of these games without the user having to modify their consoles? I was just thinking if this is possible or is this just a scam?

Thank you for your inputs.

Officially, it is not possible since factory pressed PS2 games have areas written that consumer level CD burners cannot access. Some systems have the security measures in the burst cutting area, which is also inaccessible by consumer level CD burners. You can see some of them them clearly. My advice is to not waste your money on that software.

you can afford a pc, a ps3 and software, but don't have $20 for games? back ups my ass. in my 25 years of gaming ive never had software fail on me so i needed a "back up". pirates are just cheap assholes.

Take it easy dude, there is no reason for you to act like a REAL ASSHOLE!!!

you can afford a pc, a ps3 and software, but don't have $20 for games? back ups my ass. in my 25 years of gaming ive never had software fail on me so i needed a "back up". pirates are just cheap assholes.

Lots of assumption on your part. I, like many others, see games/movies as an investment. Normally, I create backup DVD copies of all my movies and keep the originals stored away. This protects my investment from scratches and other possible damage. So why is the consumer expected not to protect his/her ~$50 investment in a PS2/PS3 game disc? Only makes good sense.

At least be honest, the whole 'I want to play backups of my games' it's pretty hard to believe these days.

Damn right, son!

What he doesn't realize is that everyone has pirated something sometime in their lifetime. Whether it was that song I just downloaded, or some kids floppy copy of his friends game. Seriously, has long as we exist, there will be piracy.

Besides, making backups of your software is a great idea. What if you have a dumb sh*t of a little brother who keys your games when he gets angry? Backups come rrrreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllll handy.

Maybe he's got damaged games that could have their data extracted, or maybe he's the next person that'll be hawking bootleg games at the ghetto grocery store. I just assume it's the former, since there's nothing saying everyone who plays backups is a software pirate.

Unless you work for $ony, then you automatically assume anything and everything done to the console is piracy.

Maybe he's got damaged games that could have their data extracted, or maybe he's the next person that'll be hawking bootleg games at the ghetto grocery store. I just assume it's the former, since there's nothing saying everyone who plays backups is a software pirate.

Unless you work for $ony, then you automatically assume anything and everything done to the console is piracy.

At least Sony lets you put in any harddisk you would like, unlike Micro$oft that sell harddriks that are 3 times overpriced and lets you spend another load of money if you want to use your xbox360 wireless

At least Sony lets you put in any harddisk you would like, unlike Micro$oft that sell harddriks that are 3 times overpriced and lets you spend another load of money if you want to use your xbox360 wireless

Thank god for Dealextreme, Eh?