IGNORED

Beating a dead flying horse

Scott Stilphen

The fake Airworld site is back up, with updates (but no ROM or video files ;) )

You've got to love the way he links to a thread that points out how the screenshots could not possibly have come from an Atari 2600 (or even directly from an emulator).

I also love this guys attempts to sound like he knows what he is talking about! "Yeah, we are using an ATI TV Wonder with Linux and all the latest OpenGL patches, and gold connectors to remove all static". :lolblue: :lol: Yeah... no doubt he also lubed the grubnuts to ensure lateral zoidberg relativity, installed the latest version of Microsoft Word using Crossover Office, wore a hat with a propellor and called his dog "Dave". All well known tricks to get impossibly perfect captures.

I also love this guys attempts to sound like he knows what he is talking about! "Yeah, we are using an ATI TV Wonder with Linux and all the latest OpenGL patches, and gold connectors to remove all static".  :lolblue: :lol: Yeah... no doubt he also lubed the grubnuts to ensure lateral zoidberg relativity, installed the latest version of Microsoft Word using Crossover Office, wore a hat with a propellor and called his dog "Dave". All well known tricks to get impossibly perfect captures.

FOMOCL! :D (Falling Out My Office Chair Laughing)

Yeah... no doubt he also lubed the grubnuts to ensure lateral zoidberg relativity, installed the latest version of Microsoft Word using Crossover Office, wore a hat with a propellor and called his dog "Dave".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SCOMMIAUFOL

(Spitting Coffee Onto My Monitor In An Uncontrollable Fit of Laughter)

I just checked the dictionary and guess what, Flexured is listed under the word "moron"

He's had a few months to "correct" the screenshots and he never did. The green hand is still there, the super impossibly sharp screen capture is still there, and the sword sticking right into the title is still there. Not to mention a strange looking prototype cart that no one has ever seen before.

At this rate, a *real* proto just may turn up before that moron figures out how to correctly fake it.

Wow!! I just checked out the site. What great news!!! I never liked the Swordquest series myself, but at least now there is a definate (if unfinished) close to the epic. Where can I send my cash to, to get this "holy grail"!!???

Just send your all money to me and you will at least get "something". ;) :D

Hey send me the money and I can send you grade F Flexured certified groun horse meat.  Hey, since the horse's been beated to death why not put its carcass to a good use? :lol:

I'm not sure this meat is even fit to feed to mad cows. :roll: I'm sure after the beating it's had, it's also tougher than 70 year old beef jerky! :D

Being relatively (well, OK, VERY) new to this forum, I had missed the entire hullabaloo surrounding this the first time. I followed the link, and found it to be some of the most interesting reading I've done in months. That may be more of a comment on what I've been reading recently than on the forum content, but still. All that's missing is the scene where Flex admits the whole thing, and reveals the entire sinister plot (possibly some Bill Gates scheme that I can't figure out). Then Hercule Poirot would twirl his moustache, and Jessica Fletcher would give a "tut-tut".

I never knew that about gold-plated wires ("to eliminate signal loss"). I've hooked my old turntable up to my stereo with gold-plated wires, and now it sounds like a CD player! Bitchin'!

He got the CART from his brother? I was guessing he found it in his junk drawer, underneath a Beatles "butcher cover" Yesterday & Today LP (still sealed), next to a Honus Wagner T206 baseball card. He really should clean that out.

DK