IGNORED

Surrounded!™ where, what, why, when!

driveBy

Surrounded!™ how can I play this game? is there any more information on it?

thank you

Here....this is a newer version with a starfield backdrop. Same rules apply.

Upload device to Jag ONLY and no copies to be posted anywhere else. AA only!

No Selling or distributing free or otherwise on CD or any other medium.

No disassembling!!!!!

You download it from here and upload it to your Jag using Skunkboard, PSE,

JagServer, BJL, BJL CD, Alpine or JUGS. Any other is a violation and strictly

prohibited.

Consider this a Happy New Year re-release!

SURROUND.BIN

Enjoy,

Steve "Gorf" Scavone, CEO, 3DSSS

Surrounded!™ how can I play this game? is there any more information on it?

thank you

Here....this is a newer version with a starfield backdrop. Same rules apply.

Upload device to Jag ONLY and no copies to be posted anywhere else. AA only!

No Selling or distributing free or otherwise on CD or any other medium.

No disassembling!!!!!

You download it from here and upload it to your Jag using Skunkboard, PSE,

JagServer, BJL, BJL CD, Alpine or JUGS. Any other is a violation and strictly

prohibited.

Consider this a Happy New Year re-release!

SURROUND.BIN

Enjoy,

Steve "Gorf" Scavone, CEO, 3DSSS

Could you maybe give a quick description of the gameplay, maybe some instructions....

oh and I gather that we can't use this on an emulator :(

No you can't.

A ) That would be against the terms.

B ) No Jag emulator emulates main code rules.

I take it you don't have a Jag and are one of those ROM

downloading ho's? Dude...get a real Jag if you dont

have one. The emulators do not run most of the software

anyway.

The game is rather self explanitory. Ships surround you

from all 6 directions. They fire bombs at you. You fire

a lazer beam at them, destroying the incoming bombs and

the enemy ships that fire said bombs.

Edited by Gorf

No you can't.

A ) That would be against the terms.

B ) No Jag emulator emulates main code rules.

I take it you don't have a Jag and are one of those ROM

downloading ho's? Dude...get a real Jag if you dont

have one. The emulators do not run most of the software

anyway.

The game is rather self explanitory. Ships surround you

from all 6 directions. They fire bombs at you. You fire

a lazer beam at them, destroying the incoming bombs and

the enemy ships that fire said bombs.

Just curious, what is the ™ for? Is the name Surrounded really trademarkable?

Kind regards,

Just curious, what is the ™ for? Is the name Surrounded really trademarkable?

Kind regards,

As far as I am concerned it is.

That's a bit different than actually going through the work of trademarking.

Listen, I think it's great you are releasing something you worked on into the public domain. But let me be give you some sage advice: Drop the whole over-reaching "terms & rules" stuff that you put in the post. AA members only? Anyone not logged in, I assume, could easily download & enjoy it. Don't put all sorts of weird Microsoft EULA around some code. In case you haven't noticed, others have released open source(whoa!) game demos on here for 2600 without the copyright-enforcement mumbo jumbo. You should try it. You would probably have less drama on here.

• Like 3

Listen, I think it's great you are releasing something you worked on into the public domain. But let me be give you some sage advice: Drop the whole over-reaching "terms & rules" stuff that you put in the post. AA members only? Anyone not logged in, I assume, could easily download & enjoy it. Don't put all sorts of weird Microsoft EULA around some code. In case you haven't noticed, others have released open source(whoa!) game demos on here for 2600 without the copyright-enforcement mumbo jumbo. You should try it. You would probably have less drama on here.

Advice duely noted. However...the terms stand. I could care less about the drama as that

will happen anyway. You can please some of the people some of the time...Plus I dont do

things because 'everyone else is doing it'.

I have my reasons and the policies will stay as they are. Besides, I dont care if someone

shares it with another Jag fan via e-mail. I just dont want to see it distributed on any

other meduim like a collection cart or disc. My right and perogative.

I agree with most of what you're saying here but giving a playable binary to the world is NOT legally the same as placing something in the public domain. Copyright is about having the sole monopoly rights of distribution to your work. This means you can decide how and where it is distributed.

When most of us release source code of projects, we're likewise not giving up our copyrights on what we're making unless we actually declare that we are. In my case, sharing the source code is a good way to help other programmers who may be stuck with how to do something in particular. I wouldn't mind, heck I probably wouldn't even notice, if someone took the flickering management out of one of my sources and used it in their own games. But I would notice and be quite upset if someone took the code, assembled it, and started selling carts of it.

I agree with most of what you're saying here but giving a playable binary to the world is NOT legally the same as placing something in the public domain. Copyright is about having the sole monopoly rights of distribution to your work. This means you can decide how and where it is distributed.

When most of us release source code of projects, we're likewise not giving up our copyrights on what we're making unless we actually declare that we are. In my case, sharing the source code is a good way to help other programmers who may be stuck with how to do something in particular. I wouldn't mind, heck I probably wouldn't even notice, if someone took the flickering management out of one of my sources and used it in their own games. But I would notice and be quite upset if someone took the code, assembled it, and started selling carts of it.

Im simply covering my ass for when I finally(if I finally) finish the game and sell it

on cart for Jag. It's funny how even when you accomodate some of these free source nut

jobs, they feel you owe them the rest of your life as well. The Jag carts are ridiculous

cost wise and Im simply seeing to it no one can say I 'gave' the game away before. It's

also funny how most of those that complain about such a gift are those that usually never

written a line of code, produced and gathered parts and printing materials in their entire

lives.

I understand that some countries are free source by nature. I however live in the USA

where this is NOT the case. I work hard on this stuff. Coding the Jag to it's FULL

potential is NOTHING like coding any system before it and I want some return from my

efforts(at very least to recoupe my costs and maybe a couple of steak dinners for my

effort.) I dont think Im asking a lot to continue supporting a decade dead console.

The fact is I have always helped those asking for coding help on the Jag. I also will

someday like to release a library so others can write their own games.

Edited by Gorf

When money(or business venture) collides with a hobby, to me, things aren't fun anymore. Just my opinion.

Really? I bet all those Star Wars collector put out tons of money. Yet you dont hear them complain

or demand or expect the store to give their products away. Us game writers have the unfortunate

disadvantage of our product being made copyable. This does not take away fromt he fact that it

is ours or that we have a right to do with it as we see fit.

If your hobby is not worth your money than I don't see how you like it in the first place. You

types forget the hard wrok and effort that we developers put into this. I know that some give

their work away. That's their right to do so. It is also my right to recoupe my cost's and a

very minute something for all my time and effort.

Hey my hobby besides this is classic guitars but you dont see me trying to get those for free. I

dont expect it and neither should people who collect software. If you want to play you have to pay.

Be thankful when we even bother to put our time annd effort into this. What I charge is reasonable

more so than not. It's that or hope someone gives away less than stellar quality games for your

favorite dead system.

Just like those classic guitar shops dont want to see you run out the door with a classic Les

Paul or Statacaster, neither do we software developers want to see folks profiting off something

we worked hard on when we barely recoupe our cost and still have to get up for work everyday to

pay our bills.

The trouble I see her is that the homebrew scene has spoiled rotten those that collect. Instead

of just being greatful for when someone give it away for free, it becomes expected and then you

are the bad guy when you dont....to me that is utter bullshit. Until you spend the time and

effort and realize the hard work and aggravation we put into this, you'll never understand but

there is two sides to every story. One side feels the world owes them there life and then us who

feel we have a right to dictate that which we put our long hours and efforts into.

Edited by Gorf