IGNORED

Portland Retrogaming Expo 2010

swlovinist

We've locked in the dates for the 2010 Portland Retro Game Expo!

September 18-19, 2010

Once again we have secured the Portland Crowne Plaza Hotel for our event, with the following changes:

* We have sec0 square feet of classic video game goodness. In addition to these ballrooms, we will have access to two large foyer areas outside of each ballroom as well as the same outdoor plaza we used last year.

* We have opted for a two-day event. The 2010 Expo will operate Saturday and Sunday, September 18-19, 2010.

* Service and hospitality improvements. The PRGE staff were extremely happy with the level of service provided to our guests by the Crowne Plaza in 2009, but we did agree on a few ways they can help us advance the Expo in 2010. They have committed to fully stocking the snack vending area for the duration of the show and to provide meals/sandwiches for purchase conveniently near the exhibition area. Additionally, they will ensure the onsite ATM machine remured a second room. The 2009 show used the 5,600 square foot Belmont ballroom. This year we will have that room plus the 2,700 square foot Windsor room for a total of almost 8,50ains stocked with cash throughout the weekend this year.

More information at the PRGE web site.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear classic video game fans,

To help make the next Portland Retro Gaming Expo the best ever, we are asking anyone who has been to our show or is planning to attend to complete a short survey. Your opinion is valuable and the information we collect will help us determine some of the choices we will make for the 2010 Expo in September.

The survey can be taken online by clicking the link below. We really appreciate your help and look forward to seeing you at the show!

Click here to take the survey

Best regards,

The staff of the Portland Retro Gaming Expo

Rats. I still think you should host it here. Then I would be able to come. I have no way of getting to Portland, and even if I did, I doubt I would be able to come all that way due to health issues. Anyway, hope everyone who comes has a great time in my state.

Sorry it can't be closer for you, atari2600land. Still, we'd love to have you if you can make it!

Chuck

Last year was alot of fun. I hope there is a little more Atari stuff for sale this year.

Eric,

I can pretty much guarantee that we will have more vendors this year so Atari should be represented better. Be sure to check out the NWCGE booth as Rick Weis always has some interesting 2600 stuff.

Chuck

Last year was alot of fun. I hope there is a little more Atari stuff for sale this year.

Eric,

I can pretty much guarantee that we will have more vendors this year so Atari should be represented better. Be sure to check out the NWCGE booth as Rick Weis always has some interesting 2600 stuff.

Chuck

Yes, it's looking like we will pass last years vendor count. not sure how many Atari 2600 games I'll have, but I will have a TON of Accessories! :ponder:

Rick

Eric,

Chuck

Yes, it's looking like we will pass last years vendor count. not sure how many Atari 2600 games I'll have, but I will have a TON of Accessories! :ponder:

Rick

I will probably bring Atari items to the Portland show. I brought them to sell last year and didn't really sell that much. I will probably be holding somewhat of a fire sale this year. I want/need to rid myself of all my extras.

Last years attendance was phenomenal. I think Rick mentioned we there were in excess of 700 people.

See you there,

-Lee

Tickets for PRGE 2010 are now on sale! Buy your tickets online and get in 1 hour early.

Buy PRGE 2010 Tickets

thinking of moving to portland or seattle (hoping to spend time in both cities this summer to find out which) either way I hope to make this show!

Both are great cities to live and visit, but traffic-wise, give me Portland any day! Hope to see a bunch of you at this show; I never knew about this show so never have attended, but from what I have heard it is now the new "Christmas" on my calendar!! Morgan

• 2 months later...

Thanks Chuck! It's getting close, guess I better get my presale tickets so I can get in early!!! Morgan

Indeed, it's a good idea to get your presale tickets as soon as possible - they get you in one hour early! They will be available on our site up until September 10. Hope to see you there!

http://retrogamingexpo.com/admission.php

Chuck

I'm actually thinking about attending this event. I saw the pics and video from the previous year and it looked like a prety cool show.

I just checked out this year's schedule. Free play night at Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade sounds awesome!

hope you can make it! if last year looked Cool, you'll love this years show! more of everything (arcades, free play consoles, vendors..ect)

Rick

I've already paid for my plane ticket and reserved a hotel room. I'll only be at the show on Saturday, though. Bringing a lot of cabbage with me, so hopefully there's some good stuff for sale. Anyone know if Harmony carts might be available there?

Fred does have a vendor table reserved, even if he don't use the table I'm sure he could bring some with him.

Rick

I am happy to offically announce that I have completed my SEGA DVD collecting 2 disc set. It will debut at our show, and is by far my best DVD yet. Part of my Nuts and Bolts to Videogame Collecting series, I also will be debuting new packaging for my previous Volumes 1 & 2 that match my Sega DVD artwork. For any Sega fan or collector of Sega items, this is a great DVD set. The SEGA DVDs will cover the SMS, GENESIS, GAMEGEAR, NOMAD, PICO, LASERACTIVE, 32X, SCD, SATURN and the DREAMCAST. It is filmed in HD, and runs over 2hrs and 20 min. Chapters are broken down by systems. The DVD will be $15 at the show and I will offer it AFTER the show for $20 shipped. The show special will be Vol. 1 and 2 for $12 ea, 2 for $20, or all three of my videos will be $30. They be be on available to watch and buy in the free console area. Any further questions about this passionate project of mine, just PM me.