IGNORED

Lynx-tunes

Checkered_Flagman

As I wrote in Raiden topic, I'd like to extend a discussion to a proper topic: the very common lack of music in Lynx games.

What are the best BGM of Lynx hystory? I found cool the music of Rygar, California Games, Pac-Land and Zarlor Mercenary!

But I think games like Super Skweek, S.T.U.N. Runner, Electrocp very disappointing... what do you think about?

Electrocop has excellent music and STUN Runner does too on the title screen and dosn't need in game music as it stays faithful to the arcade machine and works well.

Apart from that my favourite Lynx in games tunes are: Poker Mania, Ninja Gaiden, Gates OF Zendocon, Zarlor Mercenary, Double Dragon, Pacland and XYBots which is wonderful.

Klax is the first game to spring to mind. Off the top of my head...

Great intro tunes:

Klax

Warbirds

Xybots

STUN Runner

Pinball Jam (kinda wacky but it's catchy)

Great in-game music:

Xybots

Ninja Gaiden

I made audio rips of Lynx soundtracks a few years back. I think I even posted them here, but there wasn't much interest. I think the Lynx has some brilliant music, although it's true that a lot of games have almost none.

My favorites:

Lemmings

Shadow of the Beast

Bill & Ted

Alien vs Predator

Scrapyard Dog

I actually think Electrocop has some very good music. I can see how it would get repetitive after awhile though.

I made audio rips of Lynx soundtracks a few years back. I think I even posted them here, but there wasn't much interest. I think the Lynx has some brilliant music, although it's true that a lot of games have almost none.

My favorites:

Lemmings

Shadow of the Beast

Bill & Ted

Alien vs Predator

Scrapyard Dog

I actually think Electrocop has some very good music. I can see how it would get repetitive after awhile though.

Could you post them again? I'm very interested!

Anyway, I think Lynx has very good capacities but I don't know why they are used in a very bad way in many games that lack in BGM

• 4 weeks later...

I actually searched google, and was led back to the 2007 thread. The links were dead, so I searched for a current thread before resurrecting and begging someone to post the mp3 files on rapidshare again. Here I find out that only a little less than a month ago, others were thinking the same thing.

PLEASE! Post this again!

AX

I actually searched google, and was led back to the 2007 thread. The links were dead, so I searched for a current thread before resurrecting and begging someone to post the mp3 files on rapidshare again. Here I find out that only a little less than a month ago, others were thinking the same thing.

PLEASE! Post this again!

AX

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/107173-lynx-soundtrack-rips/page__st__25