IGNORED

Latest WarBirds(working title) snap shots.

Gorf

Here is the latest snap shots of Warbirds. Still more work to be done but the first four levels

are practically complete. Now working on the Boss level, and may throw in a bonus secret level

(or two) that you get when you accomplish a certain feat of fancy.

Mission: Astral Assault

post-3357-126283687379_thumb.png

Mission: Battle Beams

post-3357-126283688131_thumb.png

Mission: Death Squad

post-3357-126283688888_thumb.png

Mission: War Wings

post-3357-126283852219_thumb.png

Mission: Momma Bird

post-3357-126283691856_thumb.png

Edited by Gorf
  • Like 5

Here is the latest snap shots of Warbirds. Still more work to be done but the first four levels

are practically complete. Now working on the Boss level, and may throw in a bonus secret level

that you get when you accomplish a certain feat of fancy.

All I can say is WOW! Please sign me up! :cool:

that you get when you accomplish a certain feat of fancy.

All I can say is WOW! Please sign me up! :cool:

All in good time my friend. All in good time. :)

Just remember, the longer I work on a title, the

better it becomes.

Still much to be dealt with. Glad you like what you see.

I'm pretty sure you'll like what you play just as much

if not more.

It looks fantastic! I'll definitely be buying a cart (or two) assuming a release is forthcoming.

tjb

You will get these from ChickyBaby as a 3DSSS release once they are finished. There will be some time to go yet.

Probably when its warm again....hopefully. :) Im just hoping I can fit this all on a 32 K chip or Im going

to have to get creative hardware wise and quickly. Never messed with switch banking for 7800 yet....yet. ;)

Oh crap! I just noticed, thre is no mission text in War Wings.... DOH!...Ill have to fix

and update that shot. :(

EDIT: Shot of War wings repaired! :)

Edited by Gorf

It looks fantastic! I'll definitely be buying a cart (or two) assuming a release is forthcoming.

tjb

You will get these from ChickyBaby as a 3DSSS release once they are finished. There will be some time to go yet.

Probably when its warm again....hopefully. icon_smile.gif Im just hoping I can fit this all on a 32 K chip or Im going

to have to get creative hardware wise and quickly. Never messed with switch banking for 7800 yet....yet. icon_wink.gif

Oh crap! I just noticed, thre is no mission text in War Wings.... DOH!...Ill have to fix

and update that shot. icon_sad.gif

EDIT: Shot of War wings repaired! icon_smile.gif

Hmm, 3DSSS + MilfTech should be interesting. Will there be naked chicks on the box? icon_mrgreen.gif

tjb

tjb

Probably when its warm again....hopefully. icon_smile.gif Im just hoping I can fit this all on a 32 K chip or Im going

to have to get creative hardware wise and quickly. Never messed with switch banking for 7800 yet....yet. icon_wink.gif

and update that shot. icon_sad.gif

EDIT: Shot of War wings repaired! icon_smile.gif

Hmm, 3DSSS + MilfTech should be interesting. Will there be naked chicks on the box? icon_mrgreen.gif

tjb

There will be no MILF tech on my games. An not one naked person anywhere.

Chicky will be sole distributor but it will be a sole 3DSSS release.

Im just hoping I can fit this all on a 32 K chip or Im going

to have to get creative hardware wise and quickly. Never messed with switch banking for 7800 yet....yet. ;)

You can do 48K without bankswitching on the 7800. :)

Mitch

Mitch

Yeah but I have the 32k boards with POKEYS(Yes POKEY sound). Will they still work?

Edited by Gorf

Yeah but I have the 32k boards with POKEYS(Yes POKEY sound). Will they still work?

Since you'll be using POKEY boards, the POKEY chip uses a portion of the available address space, leaving you with 32K for ROM.

This is the kind of situation that the XBoard would be so well suited for, if only it was more widely distributed. :(

Mitch

Yeah but I have the 32k bords will they still work?

Which board do you have? Is it the CO24926 Atari board?

Mitch

Mitch

Yeah but I have the 32k bords will they still work?

Which board do you have? Is it the CO24926 Atari board?

Mitch

CO26461's...there is a spot for a smaller chip too.

Edited by Gorf

Ah, you edited while I was typing.

No, you can't use larger chips on the CO26461 board. Also, the larger C301105 Pokey board is somewhat uncommon.

Mitch

Sorry about that ....Well Im not out of room just yet and Im almost done with all the levels.

However I may not be able to fit the secret levels on there.

Edited by Gorf

The smaller chip footprint (to the right of POKEY) is for a 74LS04 inverter, which you will need to add--along with a 0.1uF capacitor at location C2, I believe--to allow the board to support 32K EPROMs. You will also need to clip open the jumper marked W3, directly underneath the inverter.

Ah, you edited while I was typing.

No, you can't use larger chips on the CO26461 board. Also, the larger C301105 Pokey board is somewhat uncommon.

Mitch

Sorry about that ....Well Im not out of room just yet and Im almost done with all the levels.

Good to hear, hopefully you can fit it all in.

Mitch

The smaller chip footprint (to the right of POKEY) is for a 74LS04 inverter, which you will need to add--along with a 0.1uF capacitor at location C2, I believe--to allow the board to support 32K EPROMs. You will also need to clip open the jumper marked W3, directly underneath the inverter.

Good to know....I will need to know the exact way for the Eproms. Unless I invest in 32k OTP's.

Do you know if the pokeys are all working?

Good to know....I will need to know the exact way for the Eproms. Unless I invest in 32k OTP's.

The board needs the inverter because /OE is active high on Atari's mask ROMs but active low on standard EPROMs (and OTPs as well, unless I'm mistaken). Fortunately the CO26461 board is already set up for it, and it's a cheap and easy modification to do; the extra hardware required will probably cost about 33 cents per board.

I don't think I've ever seen a POKEY chip go bad on one of these boards; the ones I've pulled have all worked fine for me.

The board needs the inverter because /OE is active high on Atari's mask ROMs but active low on standard EPROMs (and OTPs as well, unless I'm mistaken). Fortunately the CO26461 board is already set up for it, and it's a cheap and easy modification to do; the extra hardware required will probably cost about 33 cents per board.

I don't think I've ever seen a POKEY chip go bad on one of these boards; the ones I've pulled have all worked fine for me.

Ok cool...I just realized, I have about 2560 bytes of room left to fit everything else.

YIKES!

I may need to go in and see about optimizing and removing any code that is redundant.

ME WANT!!!!

Sign me up when you make carts, I will definitely buy one!

Curt

Ok cool...I just realized, I have about 2560 bytes of room left to fit everything else.

YIKES!

I may need to go in and see about optimizing and removing any code that is redundant.