IGNORED

Games Beaten in 2010!

StanJr

#11 for myself is Mega Man 3 for the NES.. Man, I played this game so much when I was a kid that I still know the patterns and enemy placement for every spot in the game. Ugh. ;) Only took me about an hour to complete it, if that..! :)

same here, the MM's I played as a kid are all too easy for me these days. I still struggle with 5 and 6 though!

WOO HOO!

I finally took down Magneto tonight so add X-men (NES) to my list of games for 2010! This is a particularly triumphant because before last week I had dismissed this game as unplayable, and now not only have I beat it, but I actually like the stupid game!

WOO HOO!

I finally took down Magneto tonight so add X-men (NES) to my list of games for 2010! This is a particularly triumphant because before last week I had dismissed this game as unplayable, and now not only have I beat it, but I actually like the stupid game!

Ha ha that's awesome. I've had that game tagged as unplayable for 20 years now ;)

#15 for me is Mega Man V for the NES, which I actually completed in one-go on Saturday. This one always seemed like it was the bastard-child of the Mega Man series on the NES.. I don't know, maybe it's just because I didn't have easy access to it like I did all the others as a kid, therefore not having so many fond memories of it.. Regardless, there are definitely some segments that could have used some fine-tuning, that's for sure.

Edited by Austin

1. Shinobi Legions (Sega Saturn) – 1/8/10

2. Retro Game Challenge (Nintendo DS) – 1/24/10

3. R-Types (Playstation) – 1/25/10

4. Legacy of Y's: Books I & II ( Nintendo DS) – 2/3/10

5. Air Busters (Sega Genesis) - 2/5/10

6. Dynamite Duke (Sega Genesis) – 2/5/10

7. Outrun (Sega Genesis) – 2/6/10

8. Super Thunder Blade (Sega Genesis) – 2/7/10

9. Ultimate Qix (Sega Genesis) – 2/7/10

10. Whip Rush (Sega Genesis) – 2/7/10

11. Space Harrier II (Sega Genesis) – 2/7/10

12. Alisia Dragon (Sega Genesis) – 2/8/10

13. Arcus Odyssey ( Sega Genesis) – 2/9/10

14. Art of Fighting (Sega Genesis) – 2/11/10

15. Chiki Chiki Boys (Sega Genesis) 2/12/10

16. Elemental Master (Sega Genesis) – 2/12/10

17. Pac-Mania (Sega Genesis) – 2/13/10

18. Steel Empire (Sega Genesis) – 2/13/10

19. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Sega Genesis) – 2/16/10

20. Vectorman (Sega Genesis) – 2/17/10

21. Devilish (Sega Genesis) – 2/18/10

22. Dragon’s Curse (Tg-16) – 3/13/10

Dragon's Curse is a great game. It is the Tg-16 version of Wonderboy III: Dragon's Trap. The only difference is the graphics are better in Dragon's Curse.

Edited by 8th lutz

• 2 weeks later...

I am adding Illusion of Gaia to my beaten list this year. Pretty good game, but I honestly didn't think the gameplay was super-great and the story was equally engaging and confusing. I half recommend it :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:

SNES

Addams Family

Legend of the Mystical Ninja

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Magic Sword

Super Bomberman

Illusion of Gaia

N64

Quake 2

Star Wars Episode I Racer

Cruis'n USA

Playstation

Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi

GameBoy Colour

Bomberman Quest

j/k, but seriously? Which NES run-n-gun platformers do you like?
Rygar and Galivan, if they qualify? I still have a few to-be-played on the shelf, like the aforementioned Batman games or Bucky o'Hare though.

Okay, I just managed to beat Bucky o'Hare. I played it almost the whole day yesterday (some parts are pretty tough), but it seems I had to sleep a night first before I could win against the final boss. It takes like 100 hits or more before dying :o

It's been every bit as good as I remembered it, so it enhances my run'n'gun selection to a magnificient trio of ultimate NES must-haves :D

Batman (both "Movie" & "Joker") indeed not so much. Like e.g. the Natsume offerings or the Contras or Ninja Gaidens I think they're nice but not essential ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Two SNES wrestlers to add in as I was on a bit of a kick during WrestleMania week.

Knoccked off Saturday Night Slam Masters, a great fighter/wrestler hybrid from Capcom with lots of style and good gameplay. Then I finished all the modes in Natsume Championship Wrestling. IMO rivalled only by Fire Pro in terms of wrestling depth on the SNES. Absolutley the best pure wrestling game released for SNES in North America

SNES

Addams Family

Legend of the Mystical Ninja

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Magic Sword

Super Bomberman

Illusion of Gaia

Saturday Night Slam Masters

Nastsume Championship Wrestling

N64

Quake 2

Star Wars Episode I Racer

Cruis'n USA

Playstation

Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi

GameBoy Colour

Bomberman Quest

Beat my first game this year...I've been mostly playing The Conduit online, but just got Ninja Gaiden Black and had to beat it to unlock the Missions mode :roll:.

Didn't take too long, though, and the game is absolutely awesome (in my top 10 all time easily), so well worth the 10 or so hours. :)

But holy crap the missions are hard! :o

Edited by vdub_bobby