IGNORED

wtf! Ebay won't give me my money for 21 days

barnieg

Has any one else experienced this, I am attempting to offload some business items to raise some much needed capital and I get this!

"......

Your money is on its way - please ship this item

You've received a payment from .........

The money from your payments will be held temporarily for up to 21 days. After this time you'll be able to access the full amount and withdraw your money.

When will we release the payment?

You'll be able to access your money after 21 days, providing your buyer hasn't reported any problems. You may be able to access your money sooner if we can confirm that the item was delivered or, if this is an eBay item, your buyer leaves you positive feedback.

To help speed up the process, please ship this item as soon as possible and tell your buyer."

This just seems to be another nail in the coffin for ebay and removes even more protection from the seller.

Barnie

Yea it's bullshit man. I've had this happen to me too. I'm supposed to ship off my product but wait for almost a month to get paid for it??

It's caused by apparently not having over 100 feedback, and they want to make sure you're a legit seller. It's a random occurrence. I'm over 100 now, so I don't have to worry about this crap happening to me again, thank God.

Best of luck. It's annoying as all hell. Don't bother calling eBay or Paypal, they'll just tell you the rules have changed and to suck it up.

I believe if you ship through PayPal shipping that you will receive your money as soon as the item shows delivered.

Agreed. Be sure to go through their system essentially telling *them* you shipped the item. They may want a tracking number also which brings me to the next point: ALWAYS, insure or at the very least, get tracking on packages that have been bought through ScamPal. YOU WILL run across a thief sooner than later that will lie and proclaim they never received their goods. When (not if) this happens and you did NOT get insurance and/or tracking - ScamPal WILL reverse the charges and screw you out of your money.

I can't go through paypal because I have no money on the paypal account or anywhere else at the moment I've just had an another payment email come through for a Dell laptop sold as spares total amount received £18.50 and I have to pay for postage out of that and of course I can't pay for postage because I have no money! Rather than a way to generate some business income while waiting to be paid for a contract this has infact turned into a way of draining money away :(

The infurating thing is that I probably wouldn't have had these problems if I had put everything through my personal paypal account

Barnie

I believe if you ship through PayPal shipping that you will receive your money as soon as the item shows delivered.

Has any one else experienced this,

I'd never heard of this but I experienced it this week...well I was on the other end as I was the buyer.

Sale price was $232.50, after finding that it would be on hold, the seller refunded the money in full and asked me to make 2 payments of $116 each.

Then it went thru for him, no hold.

His feedback was < 100

To make it up, he delivered it free to me (he was local)!

Kind of ironic that paypal advertises itself as a fast and easy way to send money--unless they owe you money and want to make interest on your money in their bank!

This is not the only area where PayPal has made efforts to hang onto your money longer. When you use the PayPal debit card as a credit card, you get a percentage of the transaction back in your PayPal account (I get 1.5% back, but it may vary). Until recently, you'd get the money back immediately in your account. Several months ago they stopped doing this, and instead now you receive a single payment at the end of the month. Again, they get to hang onto the money longer so they can collect interest or whatever it is they want to do with that extra cash.

..Al

Ive had this happen to me also. If you ship the item via paypals shipping system for the postage once the item arrives you will get the funds released. This only usually happens on items over 200 and if you are some what new to paypal. Its pretty much only when you start using paypal or if you've nt used it for a very long time. This only happened to me once and was my first item I sold for over 200 it has never happened again.