IGNORED

Which has more NTSC releases-the Atari ST or Amiga?...

I would assume the Atari ST, but I'm not sure, and this is something that I'm really curious about.

I haven't counted them of course, but major North American companies had more focus on the Amiga, which was probably taking effect especially in the 90's. Think SSI, Electronic Arts, Infocom, Sierra. There were less Atari ports made then. So in the End, I would suppose you end up with more Amiga titles.

Edited by Gatherer of Data

That's interesting, thanks! What the heck is WHDload for the Amiga? Is it a legal way to play Amiga games? I'm not cool with emulation, although I don't judge people who use it.

WHDLoad is just a tool for allowing you to play floppy based games on your Amiga. It's actually a "pay for" product itself, although it apparently mostly works (nag screen, not all programs work as well) unregistered.

Yes, it can be used for piracy, but it can also be used to play your floppy based (or games requiring no CPU cache or different kickstart ROMs, etc) games legally.

Like most tools, it's how you use it.

Personally, I don't, because my Amiga doesn't have fast RAM (yet), and that's required. I don't use emulation, other than to test before going to the real hardware..

desiv

I would assume the Atari ST, but I'm not sure, and this is something that I'm really curious about.

85 to 88 ST, late 88 to early 90's Amiga. Both had the majority of titles coming in from europe as PAL, we included an HZ fix for ST with each euro game we sold. Funny that many of these games were later licensed for US release. Customers did not want to wait and if we had not imported, they probably would have just pirated.