IGNORED

what games do you want to see on the jaguar that are possible on the jaguar

carmel_andrews

Due to the small library the jaguar has and the gradual releasing of some jaguar homebrews/games etc

It begs the question, what games do you want to see on a jaguar that are possible on a jaguar

Here's my little selection

An updated version of Electraglide (with built in pal/ntsc version switcher)

An updated version of Dropzone (the best ever defender rip off)

Something like Armalyte or r-tpye/darius type game

Sopme platformy type game in the stylee of SMB or Sonic

A decent First Person Shooter (something that improves on Doom/AvP)

A decent racing game...something along the lines of ridge/rage racer

A driving simulator in the stylee of Hard Drivin'

Anyone with anymore

With the Jags awesome 2d capabilities, i would love to see a Contra style game with over the top sprite and background effects. Contra The Alien Wars and Contra The Hard Corps each pushed the SNES and Megadrive pretty hard when it came to that regard, so just thinking about what the Jag would be capable of doing on a similar game blows my mind. Tons of sprites and background layers, thousands of colors, scaling, rotation, lightning, transparency... man that would be amazing.

With the Jags awesome 2d capabilities, i would love to see a Contra style game with over the top sprite and background effects. Contra The Alien Wars and Contra The Hard Corps each pushed the SNES and Megadrive pretty hard when it came to that regard, so just thinking about what the Jag would be capable of doing on a similar game blows my mind. Tons of sprites and background layers, thousands of colors, scaling, rotation, lightning, transparency... man that would be amazing.

Shadow Complex on the Jaguar !? :lust:

How about a Jaguar version of Scrapyard Dog?

You're lucky in your in FL, Trek... else you'd be kicked so hard in the mummy/daddy button... lol

I'd love to see a Contra III type type game. Be nice to see and hear something better than what the SNES was capable of on the almighty "64-bit" Jaguar... lol Since I'm in Grand-Delusion mode, I'm also thinking I could marry Winona Ryder right about now. MMM....

BTW: Carmel - thanks for always instigating these phantasy type thoughts. lol Most your posts are "what if's"... :lol:

post-13896-126300747248.txt

Edited by save2600

She is adorable....even if she is a little theiving beotch! :P

Every classic game from the 80's updated in 3D....nothing different

if game play or sounds...just 3D.....Too bad it wont ever happen now.

At least I wont bother anymore.

Edited by Gorf

I totally agree with the Contra recommendation in some form.

Or a Metal Slug.

R-Type/Gradius styled Shootemup

Robotech Flight/Mech Shooter

A Good Sci-Fi Doom Shooter

A Marvel vs Capcom Fighter

A Lunar styled RPG

A Militay Madness/Panzer General Strategy Gameicon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif

A Grid Defense Game

A TRON game in any form

Would have liked to of seen that Hellraiser style game on the Jaguar CD forgot the name -dungeon something? I think. Also wanted Demolition Man and Robinsons Requiem that are pictured on the back of the Jag CD Player box!

Winona -definitely, always liked her. :)

Christina Ricci too, and although "Big-Uns"(a Married with Children reference) are not at all required to be a pretty girl, she has got 'em! :)

Edited by ovalbugmann

How about a Jaguar version of Scrapyard Dog?

You're lucky in your in FL, Trek... else you'd be kicked so hard in the mummy/daddy button... lol

LOL, OK, I was thinking of something far more sophisticated given the capabilities of the Jaguar; but I know Scrapyard Dog is not the most liked game out there.

How about a superhero-based platformer? Batman? Hell, the entire Justice League!

Insofar as Winona, I've always been a fan of hers! It was good to see her in the new Star Trek movie, even if briefly.

Hmmm there are quite a few I can think of so I will split this into 2 parts.

The first are Atari games I wish that had come to the Jag:

Pit-fighter - There is still no arcade perfect conversion of this and its one of my all time favourite coin-ops. The graphics whould have looked great on the Jag and could have been 3-player on the team tap

STUN Runner - This game would have suited the Jaguars abilities so well with shaded polygons and imense speed. This would have been even better than the Lynx version and playing Zero 5 gives a hint how good this could have been.

Road Riot 4WD - Another Atari coin-op that used digitised graphics and another one of my big favourites. Would have looked and played great on the Jag would have been even better with a feedback steering wheel.

Gauntlet 2 - One of the greatest games ever made, they could have just ported over the wonderful ST version and added in a few more colours and I would have been more than happy. More team tap goodness!

XYBots- Not a straight conversion of the game that started off as 3D Gauntlet but a sequal that plays more like the FPS's it inspired but with the same game ideas. I love the Lynx version and a Jag version would have rocked.

Edited by The_Laird

An updated version of Electraglide (with built in pal/ntsc version switcher)

What is the difference between the pal/ntsc version?

Robert

The game runs too fast on ntsc, making it sort of unplayable

So you want ElectraGlide for the Jaguar that optionally is too fast making it sort of unplayable? :roll: :D

Robert

Hmmm there are quite a few I can think of so I will split this into 2 parts.

The first are Atari games I wish that had come to the Jag:

Pit-fighter - There is still no arcade perfect conversion of this and its one of my all time favourite coin-ops. The graphics whould have looked great on the Jag and could have been 3-player on the team tap

STUN Runner - This game would have suited the Jaguars abilities so well with shaded polygons and imense speed. This would have been even better than the Lynx version and playing Zero 5 gives a hint how good this could have been.

Road Riot 4WD - Another Atari coin-op that used digitised graphics and another one of my big favourites. Would have looked and played great on the Jag would have been even better with a feedback steering wheel.

Gauntlet 2 - One of the greatest games ever made, they could have just ported over the wonderful ST version and added in a few more colours and I would have been more than happy. More team tap goodness!

XYBots- Not a straight conversion of the game that started off as 3D Gauntlet but a sequal that plays more like the FPS's it inspired but with the same game ideas. I love the Lynx version and a Jag version would have rocked.

Yeah, Road Riot is pretty nice on the Falcon computer... would be really great to have a decent version for the Jaguar... maybe with 2 players head2head or Jaglink like it has been at the arcades...

And of course a decent racing game like "Ridge Racer" would be such a benefit to the Jaguar´s library...