IGNORED

Harmony cart "THANK YOU!" thread

tremoloman2006

yeah anyway, i will once again say thanks for creating and producing the Harmony Cart. i'm slowly replacing all my consoles' libraries with these types of carts (Vectrex is next, just waiting for availability).

it gets rid of the unnecessary clutter and at the same type shuts my wife the hell up! everyone wins! :grin:

Edited by bomberpunk
  • Like 1

For god's sake, I'm not a troll I just disagree with you. Please get back to the thread!

Oh but apparently it's not ok to disagree with you? Because apparently doing so (in your words) makes me an "Internet tough guy" ? You cannot reasonably address or reply to anything I said but you so kindly invite me to PM you if I insist on dispensing my "intolerant garbage"? Oh by all means of course I am just so looking forward to communicating with you in PM's.

Yeah, I got your PM just now calling me an internet "Bully" when all I did was was call you on your comments after you posted in a thread where you knew full well your post would not be appreciated or wanted. It was troll bait pure and simple, everything you said and posted in response to me since clearly shows that. Sorry, but since you cannot be bothered to give any real or respectful answers to any of my replies in this thread instead insisting you do not want to "derail" the thread further (my how convenient! ) I cannot be bothered to correspond with you in PM's. What I had to say is an open book, I stand by everything I posted but you on the other hand do not have to be held accountable for your post or reply to any points I made becuase they disagree with yours opinion and view. YES BY ALL MEANS this will be my last word on the subject. Hope this does not fall under your exaggerated definition of "wall of text" but either way no need to respond as I am done and your PM is deleted.

To any moderator. FYI sorry, maybe I fed the troll but no way I was not saying my piece, I am done on this subject and you have my word on that but I accept whatever you deem I deserve but I will not be dictated to by a troll.

I suggest you stop acting like an internet tough guy and move your intolerant garbage to PM if you insist upon dispensing it.

I don't care that your opinion is different to mine, but this is the wrong place to express that opinion. This is a topic to say Thank You for the Harmony cart, you are getting the response you deserve.

You may say you are not a troll but you are behaving like one!

Edited by Amstari
  • Like 4

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most Harmony cart owners are using the cart to play games they don't own.

The moral question there is another topic. I feel partly like I've earned my games, not just monetarily but by putting in the man hours tracking down copies on eBay, getting replacements for defective copies, looking in thrift shops and so on.

It's really just one step away from emulation. Doesn't the Harmony cart have save states and everything? I also wonder how "authentic" the code they're downloading is in all cases. (Unless they're directly coping games from their own carts.) Some games were released in more than one version and the downloaders are basically taking the uploader at their word that this is or isn't what they claim it to be.

I find the whole thing distasteful from top to bottom. But I won't derail the thread further.

If you think Harmony is one step away from emulation, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what emulation is and what Harmony does.

You clearly like succinctity.

Harmony does no emulation whatsoever. It presents exactly the same game code to the hardware as a real cartridge, and meets bankswitching specs just like a real cartridge.

Harmony's hardware is more advanced than conventional bankswitching hardware but that does not make it emulation. Harmony is hardware, like any other cart or peripheral. Emulation is software. What it does under the hood doesn't turn hardware into software.

If you want to play the actual game code, dump your cart.

Oh, and you're welcome (this is a thank you thread after all.)

• Like 6

No one is obligated to accept my apology but I would like to offer one. I don't know what I was thinking bringing my agenda into this thread and I'm sorry I did. Please continue this thread as though I hadn't interjected.

Well there ya go that was decent enough of him. To harmony or not is all up to the consumer please talk with your wallets.

• 2 weeks later...

When I finally broke down and bought a 2600 4-switch lot with a bunch of games, one of my first purchases for it was the Harmony cart. I was amazed that I could cram all 1000+ NTSC games on it, plus homebrews... I also have a similar device for the NES called a PowerPak, but the Harmony cart was literally half the price of comparable flash carts for the more modern "retro" systems. Since Atari games are so dirt cheap, I still like to buy the actual carts if I enjoyed playing them on Harmony, and also try out uber-rare games that I have no hopes of ever owning, like the overrated Quadrun, or Pepsi Invaders. There's still nothing like rumaging through a stack of carts, pulling something out, and cramming it in.

Either way, thank you very much for producing this! :lust:

Now, if only I could get it to work with that Boulder Dash demo...

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

Hey folks! Thank you very much for taking the time and the effort to bring Harmony to live. Sure the community splits (at least I think it will be seen this way in the future) in BH (before harmony) and AH (after harmony).

Great job, well done!

• 3 weeks later...

My harmony finally arrived! And my Atari 7800 power supply arrived together, that's a really great day!

Brazilian customs made me wait a lot of time, indeed I was thinking the USPS didn't send me the harmony. Their track system didn't show me anything after the acceptance.

Thank you very much, Fred!

...Brazilian customs made me wait a lot of time, indeed I was thinking the USPS didn't send me the harmony...

That happened to me too. It took several weeks (USA-Brazil USPS shipping usually it takes 7-10 days) to get harmony in my hands.

Hi all,

By the way, is there any way to track an order of Harmony Cart ?

I ordered one on July 19th, and just wanted to know where it is in the process... awaiting shipment, shipped... ?

Can't wait to receive it :) At last i'll be able to play the games on that stupid multigames cartidrige I bought in 1995 and never worked on any 2600/7800 I ever encountered.

Hi all,

By the way, is there any way to track an order of Harmony Cart ?

I ordered one on July 19th, and just wanted to know where it is in the process... awaiting shipment, shipped... ?

Harmony carts are built to order, and while usually they ship within a week, sometimes I can't get them done for 10 days or so. This is one of those times. Expect to get a shipping notice soon, though.

And I received it today. I'm mad I only checked my mail at 3.00PM, should have checked at delivery time :D

Anyway, works flawlessly, thanks a lot :grin:

Now let's play some Smurf !

Edited by OBO

It's past due that I post in this thread too. The Harmony cart is awesome. It sets a new standard for convenience and ease of use among retrogaming flash carts.

I love my 2600 games, but they do take up a lot of space. The Harmony cart allows me to have the benefits of emulation (infinite cart shelf space and all my games at my fingertips) with the enjoyment of playing on real hardware (19" CRT, Atari 7800, with a CX-40).

I put off buying a Harmony cart for a long time. I foolishly didn't think I needed it. Now I can barely see playing 2600 games without it. I eagerly look forward to a 7800 Harmony if such a device becomes a reality.

• Like 1