IGNORED

Harmony cart "THANK YOU!" thread

tremoloman2006

The Harmony cart is the only way for me to test my games on real hardware! You can enjoy ... Galaxian Arcade, ...

There were at least 2 graphics hacks beyond the Galaxian Arcade they sell in the store.

If you are playing the one without red enemy eyes, be sure to check out:

http://atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=233648

It is almost as nice as my Harmony cartridges!

• 2 weeks later...

I know I already posted on this thread, but I just wanted to say thank you again SO MUCH! The Harmony Encore has been such a joy to have that it has completely sold me on flash carts for other systems I own. It's so fantastic that I can just leave the cart in there indefinitely and play all of my favorite 2600 games with a flick of the ON/OFF button and the joystick to select my game of choice. :) Haven't run into any issues so far at all – everything is working like a charm.

Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to recommend. Especially as a player more than a serious collector. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Mine has finally arrived!

Funny how it could traverse the States and Europe till Warsaw with no problems, but then got sent to the wrong address first, and later my postman "forgot" to leave a notice for me to pick it up on friday.

But! The device itself is awesome. :)

Got the firmware changed to PAL within minutes and it executed every game and demo I threw in, flawlessly.

Thanks a lot to everyone involved in the development and manufacturing!

Let the screenshot act as credits.

;)

post-32895-0-90998800-1435011069_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I registered to Atari Age solely to respond to this thread and give my heart felt thanks for this wonderful piece of hardware.

After unsuccessfully trying to scratch a 2600 itch using a variety of Flashbacks (2, 3, and 5), I was told by a friend about the availability of 2600's on ebay and something called a "harmony cartridge".

Well fast forward and now $120 poorer, I have a vintage Tele-Games "sixer" proudly sitting in my living room with a standard Harmony cartridge filled (well not really "filled") with Homebrews and seemingly every game released for the 2600.

I physically giggled several times last night booting up classics like Space Invaders, Missile Command and Frogger. I played my first Superman in decades and remembered why I loved the Atari so much.

I even played the classics that I had forgotten like H.E.R.O.

And as a Cavern of Mars fan I found the Conquest of Mars to be an amazing port of this under appreciated gem from the 400/800 series. (Although I have some issues on what the programmer classifies as "novice" as that game is BRUTAL.

It was all like slipping into a warm blanket. A simpler time, with simpler games but no less engaging.

Overall an evening of reminiscing and nostalgia which instantly transported me back 3 1/2 decades.

Thanks again to all involved in this amazing piece of hardware.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought my Harmony-Cartridge a few years ago. I was a bit inpatient, until I got it. :| Sorry.

Never gave a feedback. Again sorry.

This cart is FANTASTIC! I would buy it anytime again! I have a lot of fun with it.

If you don't have one, buy one :!: You won't regret it!

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received my Harmony Cart today.

Since I had to go to work, I could only play two games: Quadrun and Demon Attack. Thank God I already prepared an SD card for it.

Both games ran very well. It takes games about a second to load, which I don't have a problem with. It is still more convenient than walking back to the bookcase and getting the individual cartridges from there.

The user interface is very well done. The fact that you can move the joystick left and right to change screens save you a lot of time.

Thank you to all the developers for making such a great product.

My SD card has 512 MB, about 160 games, and it's mostly empty. :-)

• 2 months later...

Yet another great reason to get a Harmony cartridge.. besides there being less RF interference when playing certain games (vs. using the real cartridge), ability to play SuperCharger games, now have a new one! Discovered that while my 7800 does not like the real Time Pilot by Coleco, Harmony plays it just fine. Seems to be the case with some of the other stubborn games like River Raid II, Robot Tank, Decathlon, Kool-Aid Man, etc. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got a 2600 & a Harmony Encore. Having a good time playing these games I haven't played in 3 decades, and especially trying the games I never had a chance to play back then. The homebrew games are great as well!

The hardest part was adjusting my LCD TV to not ruin the picture. Once I turned off "auto brightness control" everything was great after that.

Second hardest part was remembering how it all worked, with the reset switch and the left/right controller ports... The manuals available on AA helped a ton. Figuring out that the reset switch on the 2600 I bought didn't work unless i pressed it slightly to the left when toggling it... that helped even more. :)

Thanks! :)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll make the late 2016 add to this post to say harmony cart alive and well, got mine 2 weeks ago... A bit late to the party, but pleased to have showed up ;) Perfect in all regards, not a hardware guy so it is "magic" to me. Hope to stab out something on the VCS, not kidding my self will not be be easy and not going to reinvent the wheel, but I'll give her a shot :)

• Like 1

I just wanted to start a thread to say THANK YOU to all those responsible for the creation of the Harmony cart!

The Harmony surpassed my wildest expectations and is easily the greatest piece of hardware created for the 2600. As amazing as S-Video is I have to put this as #1. I no longer need to keep an entire closet full of carts handy to play all my favorite games and having 2600 parties will now be as simple as bringing over a console and one cart.

I will continue to support the homebrew community and purchase any game I enjoy to help keep the scene alive.

THANK YOU!!!!

Regards,

Trem

P.S. I would have written this sooner but I haven't put down my VCS since I got the Harmony cart until now. icon_wink.gif

I sure hope mine shows up today. And, yes nothing can replace a homebrew cart with a nice label, manual, and sometimes a box. It's probably the #1 reason I got back into the 2600.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Received mine last week along with a Heavy Sixer from Game Over! Been playing a ton of games - almost feels like it did when I was a kid! Thanks so much! When we have our new house built, I'm planning on having an Atari shrine - see the render I did in 3D! I'm planning to create a framed piece of art with Atari cartridge box cover reproductions of boxes I no longer have.

Jasmine game room

Atari shrine update

Edited by RockyMtnBri

As my life goes, I had more problems than I should (the SD cards slips out the slot, so I had to use tape on it) and I had to change the BIOS, my computer did not recognize the Harmony cart, my girlfriends computer doesn't have an SD card reader, but I solved the problem, so I have a fully working PAL50 cart. :)