IGNORED

Cheat Options in Atari800Win PLus

Yautja

Hi there,

Does anybody know how to properly set the Cheat Options in the Atari800WinPLus emulator? I´m trying specifically to increase the number of lives of the shoot-em up "Panther" (Mastertronic - 1987).

Thanks in advance,

- Y -

Cheats in Atari800WinPLus emulator are designed to "lock" memory address which is used for storing lives, energy, etc. Check the attachment for Panther trainer (unlimited lives).

F.

panther.zip

Thank you so much for the file! Just one more thing: would you p.l.e.a.s.e. tell me how to do the trick? I mean, how to correctly modify those memory address?

Knowledge of the 6502 microprocessor contained in every A8 is a definite must have...

Once you have that firmly grasped into your consciousness, the rest is trivial, with a bit of tedium...

Hi dwhyte,

Your reply motivates me to go deeper into the 8-bit world. Perhaps you can share a few link so I can learn about it.

Anyway, I´d like to know if it is so hard to identify such memory address, in order to cheat correctly the games. In this specific case, I´d thank you a lot if you show me the way to make the trainer file of Panther.

Regards,

- Y -

Hello _Fandal_,

Thank you so much for the file! Just one more thing: would you p.l.e.a.s.e. tell me how to do the trick? I mean, how to correctly modify those memory address?

Regards,

- Y -

Step by step:

1) Start the game, enter Cheat options and set Memo to 5 and Search to 4.

2) Play the game until you lost a life, enter Cheat options and press Search button to locate lives counter.

3) Check memory address $A0, activate Lock in, set it to 5 and voila - you have trainer for Panther.

Unfortunately, sometimes it is not so easy and you need deeper knowledges of 6502 ML to create a trainer...

F.