IGNORED

How can I make 7800 games?

Pacfan97

You still haven't even given an ounce of info to people about anything you know about any kind of programming. In order to have a starting point, it is important to know where you are first. People are also being very kind to you.

There is a wonderful search function for information here on AA as well as google and yahoo search which may be helpful and easier then feeling liek you might be annoying people. :)

I hope when Gorf 7800 comes out, it will have the Galaxians stage because whoever is working on it should know how much a lot of people miss the Galaxians stage. icon_thumbsup.gif

It already does. :)

WOOHOO!!!!! icon_mrgreen.gif

Here.....this is Gorf we wrote for the Atari Jaguar. It's no longer available but we did make sure

it was as arcade perfect as possible. (And unfortunately no, I can't sell or give you a copy.)

You still haven't even given an ounce of info to people about anything you know about any kind of programming. In order to have a starting point, it is important to know where you are first. People are also being very kind to you.

There is a wonderful search function for information here on AA as well as google and yahoo search which may be helpful and easier then feeling liek you might be annoying people. :)

But

Well Chicky, I really have a lot of other things to do. Thats why I haven't given anyone info. icon_sad.gif But don't worry. I'll get busy working as hard as I can!!! icon_smile.gif When It has finished, I'll give them my project. icon_mrgreen.gif

Then my only question would be - why bother making this thread to begin with? :ponder: ie. Щo за холера є причина?!

Wasting people's time is like crying wolf, eventually people won't believe you(Unless I am the one crying wolf that is for obvious reasons to some). But, People also have long memories, especially me. :twisted:

So you're saying all this is a complete immediate waste of time except padding a post count and annoying people with yet something else.

My best advice is to save it until you're actually doing something that counts and until then stay quiet and just read up.

Thanks and good luck. :)

But

Well Chicky, I really have a lot of other things to do. Thats why I haven't given anyone info. icon_sad.gif But don't worry. I'll get busy working as hard as I can!!! icon_smile.gif When It has finished, I'll give them my project. icon_mrgreen.gif

• Like 4

I'll be working!!! And i'll tell them whats going on. icon_mrgreen.gif

Oh boy! I know you are a youngin, but I think it's a safe bet that you have never read

William Congreve's 'The Mourning Bride'?

There are plenty of people that you might be sucessful arguing with but ChickyBaby is

not one I recommend trying it with. This advice from a guy who never backs down to anyone.

Folks around here will tell you that.

Don't be a fool and learn the hard way as did I.

YOU CAN'T WIN!

:D

(Nuthin' but luv CB! Nuthin but luv!) :D

Edited by Gorf
  • Like 1

Then stop bothering people about it now. When you actually want to do something then talk. If you are asking questions for questions sake BE HONEST say so instead of stringing people along. It pisses people off. USE THE POST PREVIEW function, read what you write and CHOOSE words carefully.

Smart words Gorf. ;)

Ahh 'The Mourning Bride', I knew her well. Such irony in that title no? Are you implying my wrath extends across the internet to other sites - ok I may be a mod on others point taken. Or that I'm trained in martial arts, weapons, and firearms? - yeah ok got that. Or perhaps most likely it's that we support our kids as much as we can and encourage them to learn but draw a line when they are constantly making us clean up after them and takling advantage of the good nature of others?

Act 3, scene 2

Yet I'll be calm- Dark and unknown Betrayer!

But now the Dawn begins, and the slow Hand

Of Fate is stretch'd to draw the Veil, and leave

Thee bare, the naked Mark of Publick View.

(Enter PEREZ.)

Too late thou shalt repent

The base Injustice thou hast done my Love:

Yes, thou shalt know, spite of thy past Distress,

And all those Ills which thou so long hast mourn'd;

Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd,

Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.

He might be better off taking heed (learning something) from this clip -

While as many of my friends will tell you I usually am a Kitten who loves to help others, they have also seen I can and am a Hell Cat when need be.

I'm also a pesky God and Jesus type so there's no Holy Hand Grenade and the closest thing is the Admin Albert. So Pacfan do you think he'd save you or in these immortal words which no one can speak better - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOxGL5G8Pbk .

So with that being said read the FORUM GUIDELINES PacFan, use the SEARCH FUNCTION and again because no one says it better - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWAu8jZ9jiw . :)

Children are the future, looks like we're fucked.

By and large, Indeed! But this guy's catching a lot of hell from some of the "elders" and I don't understand why. His original post and subsequent ones have been well written, respectful and mature. Yet, his case got jumped on for asking a few questions or showing enthusiasm for 7800 development. Unless I missed something, I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt and be encouraging. Not every 12yo takes an interest in these types of things. If he missteps with Gorf or anyone else involved in programming, I *know* they'll be quick (and hopefully mature) to let him know he was out of line. I just think this is a case where we should not be so quick to alienate or discourage because of prejudices.

• Like 3

If you're really interested, I suggest trying out QBASIC on your PC, if you can find it. If you enjoy that, then maybe try to get your parents to buy you an Atari 800 computer. It's very similar to the Atari 5200, but it's a real computer so it's easier to work with. And you'd be programming the same hardware as a 5200.

I've never owned one, but I had an Apple IIc as a kid and I learned a lot from it. Those old computers have BASIC readily at hand, so it's easy to play around with writing code on them.

The Apple has BASIC built-in, but I think Atari put it on a cartridge. Either way, it's easy to get into it and start learning.

You can do BASIC on a modern PC, but I'm not sure where to find it anymore. I know they used to include QBASIC with MS-DOS, so maybe it's hidden in the Windows discs somewhere.

If you master BASIC, then eventually you'd have to progress to assembly. At that point I'd switch to an Atari 800 if you aren't already on one.

Edited by gdement

You can do BASIC on a modern PC, but I'm not sure where to find it anymore. I know they used to include QBASIC with MS-DOS, so maybe it's hidden in the Windows discs somewhere.

If you master BASIC, then eventually you'd have to progress to assembly. At that point I'd switch to an Atari 800 if you aren't already on one.

You could just go with FreeBasic if you're looking for something that's syntax similar to QuickBasic. (Which is just a more developed commercial version of the qbasic microsoft bundled with ms-dos)