IGNORED

Opinion on eBay seller?

JohnBuell

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I have seen posts now and then warning about certain eBay sellers and Lynx carts. Anyone have an opinion on the person behind eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1104797988801?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110479798880&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Is it someone here? :)

They have three other games and the diagnostic cart for sale, all on green circuit boards, so it had me curious....

Never ever seen a real cart released as a circuit board. And then I looked at his other auctions, saw "Marlboro Go!" and was like WTF???

He got his words mixed up, it's Motocross he was trying to get at. Wish I had more to offer, but not familiar with this seller.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that NO carts for consumer release were ever made on only a circuit board.

Also he has a Super Satan Disk for sale?? Neat, but definitely odd. I stopped following the SatanDisk project a while back, but thought the schematics had never been released to make your own. I could be wrong.

Never ever seen a real cart released as a circuit board. And then I looked at his other auctions, saw "Marlboro Go!" and was like WTF???

He got his words mixed up, it's Motocross he was trying to get at. Wish I had more to offer, but not familiar with this seller.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that NO carts for consumer release were ever made on only a circuit board.

Also he has a Super Satan Disk for sale?? Neat, but definitely odd. I stopped following the SatanDisk project a while back, but thought the schematics had never been released to make your own. I could be wrong.

I know that things like AvP and Road Riot 4WD exist only as prototypes and have been semi-officially released on circuit boards, I just don't know who or where the best sources are for the most complete versions of these games. It was Lemmings for $25 that caught my attention, but that's obviously a knockoff :)

The carts sold by here are indeed reproductions.

Never ever seen a real cart released as a circuit board.

Actually, TeleGames sold some games on a circuit board. I've Bubble Trouble like this and Krazy Ace Golf. Later they had more advanced circuitboards where the Eprom chip was in a hole in the circuit board. Raiden and Fat Bobby is an example.

This just seems the first SatanDisk. Not the UltraSatan. So nothing "super" about it.

The schematics are available from Jookie's website so everybody can make them.

Robert

This is the same asshole who has been selling these for a while under various different names. He is nothing better than a pirate selling a buggy version of Telegames Raiden that crashes all the time and an illegal version of Lemmings too. I have reported him to ebay many times and urge the rest of you to do so also.

Where is a good question. I bought an original Lemmings for my Lynx that cost me more than $40. From what I've seen, an original Lemmings for the Lynx normally sells close to $100, give or take some $$.

Well, like a lot of things on eBay, patience can be your friend. I bought Lemmings NIB back in June 2008 for $50. I've seen it hover around that price point, and go higher, but just watch and wait. It is a great game to play on the Lynx, well worth having in a collection.