IGNORED

Another release possible.

Gorf

This is not Mighty Frog. That was always designated as a CD release. Only The Graphics Man can decide otherwise.

You wont know what this is till its ready, if its ready.

Ill bet it has to do with yars revenge :)

Where that came from, Im afraid to guess. ;)

You may think that if you wish but you will not find out till when and if its ready.

I suggest you read the opening comment I started the thread out with .

:D

It just came from the quoted post I thought maybe you were hinting a diffrent game, Thats all. And I rember you talking somthing about wanting yars revenge :)

Yes I did mention that but that is a completely different project altogether. ;)

This is not Mighty Frog. That was always designated as a CD release. Only The Graphics Man can decide otherwise.

You wont know what this is till its ready, if its ready.

Ill bet it has to do with yars revenge :)

Where that came from, Im afraid to guess. ;)

You may think that if you wish but you will not find out till when and if its ready.

I suggest you read the opening comment I started the thread out with .

:D

It just came from the quoted post I thought maybe you were hinting a diffrent game, Thats all. And I rember you talking somthing about wanting yars revenge :)

Yes I did mention that but that is a completely different project altogether. ;)

Ok, Im just excited if you do, do Yars I want the first copy ;)

Though I have really not loved the Jag scene much lately......I still love the Jaguar.

Once removed, an old freind to gamers with a new look.

CD only unless there is big demand for carts(but they wont be cheap in cart form.)

More info to come as things progress.

That is all for now.

.....ribbit....

Donkey Kong? :P I cant wait to see what you've got new for the Jag.

Though I have really not loved the Jag scene much lately......I still love the Jaguar.

Once removed, an old freind to gamers with a new look.

CD only unless there is big demand for carts(but they wont be cheap in cart form.)

More info to come as things progress.

That is all for now.

.....ribbit....

Donkey Kong? :P I cant wait to see what you've got new for the Jag.

No Walter, no Donkey Kong type games. :)

I would also pay for a cart!

I wonder how many people willing to pay for a cart have the CD addon and/or would buy a CD as well. Is it simply for collectors purposes or is it because a cart is truly preferred? I always see people request carts when there is talk of a new release. I also know that the CD unit could be considered a bit cost prohibitive though it really isn't as difficult to obtain as some make it seem. I like seeing CD releases because the amount of content originally available for it was pretty limited and that made the value of it questionable compared to the cost. With the amount of content available for the CD addon now there really is no question. Every serious Jag owner should have one. Then when you consider how much Gorf, or any other developer, would have to charge for cart releases (and nobody questions that carts are expensive and the high charge for cart releases are absolutely necessary) you see that the cost of a couple games would end up covering the cost of the addon. I definitely think carts have a more "collectible" and "official" feel. Load times are also a consideration but then so is the amount of storage available for game content. This is just something I am curious about because I know some people really do like carts better and prefer cart releases but I have never really had an opinion either way (from a buyers perspective.)

Anyway, I won't venture a guess as to what the game title is. When it is time to know it will be known and a little appetite whetting never hurt anyone. I enjoy watching people try to figure it out though. :D

With the amount of content available for the CD addon now there really is no question. Every serious Jag owner should have one.
I'm not so sure about that. After all, there are few official games on CD, and most of them are not really that good. Homebrews releases are another story, but almost 100% are also playable with a Skunkboard or even a plain with a BJL kit.
  • Like 1

With the amount of content available for the CD addon now there really is no question. Every serious Jag owner should have one.
I'm not so sure about that. After all, there are few official games on CD, and most of them are not really that good. Homebrews releases are another story, but almost 100% are also playable with a Skunkboard or even a plain with a BJL kit.

Oh sure. A lot of what is available for the JagCD beyond the original CD games can be played on a Skunboard or BJL. But you would have had to of been around and active at a specific time to have a Skunkboard (or be looking really hard and have a very convincing argument for someone) and it will also cost you to have BJL or at least require you to be knowledgeable. I couldn't see not having the CD addon but I understand why some people might not want one or consider it worth obtaining. There are some good games to get for it though and even ones released after the consoles death tend to have nice packaging. I definitely haven't used the addon as much as the cartridge slot. I did play through Myst with it though. :)

What I don't expect to see is someone release a game with a manual and nice box art that you open to find a thumb drive with the manual explaining how to load the contents into a Skunkboard or BJL. It would be unique though! It seems that people that like classic game consoles are much more likely to be pro-packaged-releases and anti-digital-distribution than people who aren't interested in classic gaming. I like a nice box and manual to come with a game and I'm willing to pay for it. Whether it is a CD or cart is not as important to me.

But you would have had to of been around and active at a specific time to have a Skunkboard (or be looking really hard and have a very convincing argument for someone) and it will also cost you to have BJL or at least require you to be knowledgeable.
Yup. What I meant is that it's possible to be a "serious" Jag owner without a JagCD ;)

(I don't have one myself ; never felt the need for it)

What I don't expect to see is someone release a game with a manual and nice box art that you open to find a thumb drive with the manual explaining how to load the contents into a Skunkboard or BJL.
Fair point. Edited by Zerosquare

Though we considered that possibility, none of our games will be based around an upload device.

Not everyone has those and those are a lot less in number than a CD even. Plus we want to release

games that use the original machines media. It 's what most of the fans want too.

Might I add that this is not the place to discuss the media type and why one should be used over the other. That would be more appropriate in another thread.

Thanks.

Edited by Gorf

Though we considered that possibility, none of our games will be based around an upload device.

Not everyone has those and those are a lot less in number than a CD even. Plus we want to release

games that use the original machines media. It 's what most of the fans want too.

Might I add that this is not the place to discuss the media type and why one should be used over the other. That would be more appropriate in another thread.

Thanks.

Amen

Though I love my Skunk. I 100% prefer a CD or Cart over a download for shear collectors benefit and the warm fuzzy feeling you have opening up the game for the first time.

My guess for the game would be Frogger clone

Thanks.

Amen

Though I love my Skunk. I 100% prefer a CD or Cart over a download for shear collectors benefit and the warm fuzzy feeling you have opening up the game for the first time.

My guess for the game would be Frogger clone

My skunk is for demos and proto's. I second busterm, a release should be cd or cart.

Well, I second Zerosquare. ;) While I don't believe anyone loves the Jaguar CD Player more than me, and I do recommend them too. In reality it is only a mass storage device, that's all it is. And nearly 100% of homebrews can be loaded by other means than CD. I think Gorf might even be a base unit only man?(forgot). I fully believe base unit only owners enjoy the Jaguar just as much as people who have a CD Player, they just can't play the original 13 JagCD game releases - alibet, they are good CD games too I feel.

But I don't think base unit only guys are any less serious Jag fans, they love the Jag too.

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 2

Well, I second Zerosquare. ;) While I don't believe anyone loves the Jaguar CD Player more than me, and I do recommend them too. In reality it is only a mass storage device, that's all it is. And nearly 100% of homebrews can be loaded by other means than CD. I think Gorf might even be a base unit only man?(forgot). I fully believe base unit only owners enjoy the Jaguar just as much as people who have a CD Player, they just can't play the original 13 JagCD game releases - alibet, they are good CD games too I feel.

But I don't think base unit only guys are any less serious Jag fans, they love the Jag too.

Well note that I said they "should" have one. I didn't say that owning a JagCD is a prerequisite to being a serious Jag fan. I just said I think all serious Jag fans should have one. Not all serious Jag fans will agree and that certainly has already been proven here with very legitimate reasons in tow. I will leave it with that though as Gorf has requested. Should someone have anything to add to this conversation I would say it has garnered enough discussion to warrant its own thread. It was not my intention to divert the topic. I apologize.

Well note that I said they "should" have one. I didn't say that owning a JagCD is a prerequisite to being a serious Jag fan. I just said I think all serious Jag fans should have one. Not all serious Jag fans will agree and that certainly has already been proven here with very legitimate reasons in tow. I will leave it with that though as Gorf has requested. Should someone have anything to add to this conversation I would say it has garnered enough discussion to warrant its own thread. It was not my intention to divert the topic. I apologize.

Well I'm not really too concerned with derailing a thread(God knows I've done my share) but it would be better to discuss it in a new thread as it will only get lost here.