IGNORED

Compact Flash Drive for TI 99/4A available on Ebay

InfernalKeith

I just ordered my 3rd one :)

For those who don't know this device. It has 32K RAM memory and reads compact flash

cards that contain TI-99 disk images. This little piece of equipment replaces

my peripheral expansion box for most of my requirements.

Combined with TI-DIR (file manager running on windows, looks like norton commander), it's

a piece of cake transferring TI-99/4A software between your PC and TI-99/4A.

All development I do is done on a PC with emulator and then tested on the TI-99/4A

itself using this device.

A very cool device :cool:

I just ordered my 3rd one :)

For those who don't know this device. It has 32K RAM memory and reads compact flash

cards that contain TI-99 disk images. This little piece of equipment replaces

my peripheral expansion box for most of my requirements.

Combined with TI-DIR (file manager running on windows, looks like norton commander), it's

a piece of cake transferring TI-99/4A software between your PC and TI-99/4A.

All development I do is done on a PC with emulator and then tested on the TI-99/4A

itself using this device.

A very cool device :cool:

I bought one last time Jaime put them up, and it arrived today. I'm about to go plug it into my TI 99/4A. I may actually be able to send you guys my game without having to mail someone a floppy disk! Ain't technology grand. :)

Grrrr... I could use one and missed it. Oh well.

I need to snag one of these next time. Either that or rig my PEB to take 3.5" disks.

Tempest

There was a guy putting external 3.5" floppy drives up for the TI now and then, but I haven't seen him listing in a while. I have one, it's pretty awesome. If I could have it and my CF hooked up at the same time, I'd be all set.

• 4 weeks later...

I own two of these myself... An older one with no power switch, and a new one with.

What I'd like to see if a model that has AMS support, so we can have 1024k of CPU memory on the console. I've been trying to hook Jaime up with Joe Delekto, one of the principal AMS designers, for some time, but with no success.

Adamantyr

Got mine today... I'd've preferered a cable just to give me more flexibility with a hack. God, I'd love to get this and a speech synthesizer embedded in my TI.

Ah, nice to see he's using a right angle header on the board now. I accomplished the same effect on mine with a very small F/M IDE cable and a rubber band. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While I need to get one of these CF+7 babies, I still need to populate my PEB as well. Anyone looking to get rid of their PEB cards now that the CF7+ is fitting the bill for them or anyone who has any extra PEB cards send me a PM and we'll work something out.

I've had my TI since 1982 but never could afford the PEB (always drooled over it in the catalogs/magazines) and now I've gotten serious about it. The enthusiasm within this TI community is also quite infectious and I need to start dabbling in the programming as well. To that effect, I'll likely need Extended Basic, Editor/Assembler and other programming goodies as well.

Steve

While I need to get one of these CF+7 babies, I still need to populate my PEB as well. Anyone looking to get rid of their PEB cards now that the CF7+ is fitting the bill for them or anyone who has any extra PEB cards send me a PM and we'll work something out.

I've had my TI since 1982 but never could afford the PEB (always drooled over it in the catalogs/magazines) and now I've gotten serious about it. The enthusiasm within this TI community is also quite infectious and I need to start dabbling in the programming as well. To that effect, I'll likely need Extended Basic, Editor/Assembler and other programming goodies as well.

Steve

I'll be putting a Myarc disk controller card and a CorComp RS232 up on Ebay later tonight. I can post links here if you're interested. Other than that, I've got more empty PEB's than I have cards, or I'd love to help out. I'm trying to maintain a full PEB system and a separate TI with a CorComp 9900 Mini Expansion system, plus a CF7+. Still not sure where I'm gonna PUT both of them, but eventually I hope to have quite the war room set up.

After doing some work in Classic99, obviously I love the convenience of it, but I think I'm gonna go back to the real thing for development. I just get more satisfaction out of working on my original hardware -- I'm sure it's all in my head, but it's there, so I'm gonna do it. Definitely hoping to do some Classic99 work on the laptop while on vacation soon, though. Being able to take a "TI" with me is incredible -- I remember a few years ago, when I was gonna try to get back into programming another time, and I spent a good chunk of Christmas at my sister's house with graph paper, notebooks and the XB manual, scrawling stuff till 4am that I can't even decipher now. If I'd been able to actually code on the spot then, I might have gotten back into programming four years earlier...

I'll be putting a Myarc disk controller card and a CorComp RS232 up on Ebay later tonight. I can post links here if you're interested. Other than that, I've got more empty PEB's than I have cards, or I'd love to help out. I'm trying to maintain a full PEB system and a separate TI with a CorComp 9900 Mini Expansion system, plus a CF7+. Still not sure where I'm gonna PUT both of them, but eventually I hope to have quite the war room set up.

I sure am. I hope to at least have a disk and 32K setup and I finally have a PEB coming, I just need the cards to go into it and the right modules.

Thanks for the heads up.

Steve

Hopefully you guys can work something out. Ebay + Paypal is no longer a minor charge, but is around 10%, so hopefully you both can save some $ and keep things in our network.

-H

I sure am. I hope to at least have a disk and 32K setup and I finally have a PEB coming, I just need the cards to go into it and the right modules.

Thanks for the heads up.

Steve

Steve

Welcome Steve! The more the better I'd say; we can always use some more TI-99/4A programmers ;)

Hopefully you guys can work something out. Ebay + Paypal is no longer a minor charge, but is around 10%, so hopefully you both can save some $ and keep things in our network.

-H

I would be alright with helping Keith avoid the eBay fees and I'm not looking to lowball anybody, but I'd need to use Paypal. Though, I'm also willing to cover some or all of the Paypal fees as well. I don't know what they are, but I know there are some. I'll also do the same for anyone who would like to sell any of the items I'm in need of.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by snume

Hey Steve, good to see ya buddy... Listen I've got a CorComp RS232 and a flex cable interface sitting here not doing anything if you need 'em. Might even have a full height 5.25 floppy and a possible disk controller too. If you don't have all you need, let me know. I wouldn't charge for the items--- just pay for shipping. If it will bring another programmer into the community, it's worth it to me, for sure. Good to meet ya!!

Daaaamnnn! That's nice! Shame I don't actually want a PEB... But, if you've got a CorComp MES I'll take that for free.

Hey Steve, good to see ya buddy... Listen I've got a CorComp RS232 and a flex cable interface sitting here not doing anything if you need 'em. Might even have a full height 5.25 floppy and a possible disk controller too. If you don't have all you need, let me know. I wouldn't charge for the items--- just pay for shipping. If it will bring another programmer into the community, it's worth it to me, for sure. Good to meet ya!!

Wow! Thanks Owen! I have a PEB coming, but I'm not sure which card is in it - it's supposed to have a Flex Cable and one other card. Hopefully I find out soon. I'm sure it doesn't have a drive so I will pm you with my address and you can let me know what I'll owe you for shipping. Awesome!! I'm not sure I would have used the RS-232 anyway, but the disk controller, drive and 32K are perfect.

Thanks again,

Steve

Edited by snume

There aren't that many useful PEB cards. All you really need is a connector card (obviously), a disk controller card, and a 32K memory card. There's a P-Code card, but that's rare and kind of worthless unless you really like PASCAL and of course the RS-232 card, but that's not all that useful anymore either. I know someone managed to hack the voice module onto a PEB card, but I've never seen one for sale (I'd love to have that one). There are some modern hobbyist cards as well, but I know much about them.

Tempest

CorComp had a card "Triple Tech" that did 3 things:

1. Time clock

2. Speech synthesizer

3. Print buffer

I never had that card - thought it was stupid.

There aren't that many useful PEB cards. All you really need is a connector card (obviously), a disk controller card, and a 32K memory card. There's a P-Code card, but that's rare and kind of worthless unless you really like PASCAL and of course the RS-232 card, but that's not all that useful anymore either. I know someone managed to hack the voice module onto a PEB card, but I've never seen one for sale (I'd love to have that one). There are some modern hobbyist cards as well, but I know much about them.

Tempest

Edited by unhuman

Tempest

There is.....

1) CC triple tech card that holds real time, speech card, and printer buffer

2) various different size ram disks for instant file loading and saving

3) Hard drive controller cards for MFM, SCSI and IDE

etc, etc....

These are all seen on Ebay from time to time and extremely useful ;-)