IGNORED

Atari 2600 - Malagai boxed (NTSC)

RIVER

Did it come with two manuals? One stuck to the box and one inside the box? Is it a one page manual or does it open up? Did they glue the manual shut or something? Weird. Never seen one of these boxes.

The manual was glued to the front of the box, Answer was kind enough to mail out individual manuals, if you mailed them. Hence, every time you see a loose manual for Malagai, it most likely has a crease down the middle. :)

Mine still has the shrink over the manual and as you can see, my extra manual has the crease. :cool:

malagai.jpg

• Like 1

Did it come with two manuals? One stuck to the box and one inside the box? Is it a one page manual or does it open up? Did they glue the manual shut or something? Weird. Never seen one of these boxes.

The manual was glued to the front of the box, Answer was kind enough to mail out individual manuals, if you mailed them. Hence, every time you see a loose manual for Malagai, it most likely has a crease down the middle. :)

Mine still has the shrink over the manual and as you can see, my extra manual has the crease. :cool:

Pretty picture!

I am shocked this only sold for 1K.

Yeah, I am kind of surprised as well. Usually at least 1 or 2 big bidders come along at the last second. With this one. It shot up to $1,000, and just stayed there.

1) Seller in Netherlands.

2) Global economy still in toilet.

3) Some big bidders have moved on.

4) Value in the past has put this right around $1000, so at least that is staying consistent, especially with many rares having gone down in value in the last couple of years.

5) $1000 is still a lot for a rare game. (Yes, I would buy it if I had the money, but I don't, so I didn't.)

Yeah, I am kind of surprised as well. Usually at least 1 or 2 big bidders come along at the last second. With this one. It shot up to $1,000, and just stayed there.

4) Value in the past has put this right around $1000, so at least that is staying consistent, especially with many rares having gone down in value in the last couple of years.

5) $1000 is still a lot for a rare game. (Yes, I would buy it if I had the money, but I don't, so I didn't.)

I agree with all but #4 unless you mean value from 5+ years ago

What have the last few sold for? I only remember he one W007 won a few years back. I believe it was $1,800 in a huge lot... but my memory these days rarely serves me correctly

NETHERLANDS!

Insurance to ship to high.

I wanted it but did not bid any amount for those 2 reasons.

Whats wrong with buying from the Netherlands,i have bought several games from there in the past,all arrived quickly.

I have bought games from Marco in the Past and just bought a pretty big lot from him about a week ago. 100% top seller. Even sent picture of shipping box and shipping receipt. The Netherlands would have been my last worry.

What have the last few sold for? I only remember he one W007 won a few years back. I believe it was $1,800 in a huge lot... but my memory these days rarely serves me correctly

You are correct. My wife actually picked everything up for him and shipped out the goodies he wanted from the lot, and I kept the goodies I wanted/bought from him

Great deal all the way around for him and I.

NETHERLANDS!

Insurance to ship to high.

I wanted it but did not bid any amount for those 2 reasons.

Whats wrong with buying from the Netherlands,i have bought several games from there in the past,all arrived quickly.

I have bought games from Marco in the Past and just bought a pretty big lot from him about a week ago. 100% top seller. Even sent picture of shipping box and shipping receipt. The Netherlands would have been my last worry.

I personally don't have any problems buying from foreign sellers, but the fact that the seller is not in the US could be viewed as some as a deterrent (foreign scams and such). The list I posted wasn't my own rationales, just potential ones in answer to the question of "why didn't this go for more?"

No that was not my point. My point is usually there are snipers for every auction. Even if the price is a tad bit high. This had no snipers, so it was surprising. Yes, I understand your reasoning, but I was remarking on the lack of snipers, and yes you could say this was the reason there was no snipers, but still you expect them in every case with a rare item, and it comes as a surprise despite was the reasons that are given for them.

You are correct. My wife actually picked everything up for him and shipped out the goodies he wanted from the lot, and I kept the goodies I wanted/bought from him

I remember that auction. I think I bought a lot of Colecovision games from the same seller. How long ago was that?

---------edit---------

This is the auction I was thinking of. It WAS 5 years ago hmm I'm usually way off. lol

I bought a nice lot of boxed Coleco games from the seller in tip top shape and right after that auction he sold a lot of Atari 2600 including the boxed Malagai.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/75999-boxed-malagai

I remember that auction. I think I bought a lot of Colecovision games from the same seller. How long ago was that?

---------edit---------

This is the auction I was thinking of. It WAS 5 years ago hmm I'm usually way off. lol

I bought a nice lot of boxed Coleco games from the seller in tip top shape and right after that auction he sold a lot of Atari 2600 including the boxed Malagai.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/75999-boxed-malagai

Wow! 5 years huh?? I could have sworn it was only about 2...