IGNORED

Adventure Studio

ilmenit

Adventure Studio is a framework to create adventure games.

This is just a demo/preview of the engine possibilities.

adventure-studio-demo.zip

(the Windows compilation requires an alleg42.dll)

To create a game you don't need a great programming skills nor knowledge about the Atari.

All you have to do is to define rooms, clickable areas, objects, containers, actions and of course to draw the graphics.

The current engine supports files created by Quantizator (gr. 15, different colors in every line).

The API is full of useful functions and will be extended in the future to support sounds and music (Raster Music Tracker).

It is as much object oriented as both C language and 8bit allow.

The full source code with the sample game will be available as soon as I clean the code.

Edited by ilmenit
  • Like 6

Adventure Studio is a framework to create adventure games.

This is just a demo/preview of the engine possibilities.

adventure-studio-demo.zip

(the Windows compilation requires an alleg42.dll)

To create a game you don't need a great programming skills nor knowledge about the Atari.

All you have to do is to define rooms, clickable areas, objects, containers, actions and of course to draw the graphics.

The current engine supports files created by Quantizator (gr. 15, different colors in every line).

The API is full of useful functions and will be extended in the future to support sounds and music (Raster Music Tracker).

It is as much object oriented as both C language and 8bit allow.

The full source code with the sample game will be available as soon as I clean the code.

I don't know if you are aware of Inform, but it might be a very good idea to allow for parsing of Inform 7 code. Even if it is a subset of inform, it would allow a lot of adventures to be done quickly, since there is so much Inform source code out there already.

Inform really is a beautiful language, as well. It is everything that the 1950s AI researchers wanted, but didn't have at the time.

Even if you just allowed a subset that handled room & object attributes straight from Inform, I think that you would really be on to something. 

• Like 2

Inform really is a beautiful language, as well. It is everything that the 1950s AI researchers wanted, but didn't have at the time.

I did a bit of research on adapting the existing IF solutions and they are really not 8bit compatible.

Even the oldest and the simplest one, which is the Z-Machine up to version 5, leaves a little memory for a game.

My engine aims the graphics adventure games with context based actions.

Of course you can throw away all the gfx, but there is no text command line parser currently.

Well,

here is the request for english translation number 5 !! Maybe I can translate it into german language then (if its not too complicated)...

Besides, the required "alleg42.dll" can be found in the Quantizator package (guess its the same dll there), so whoever wants to use Adventure Studio, should download the Quantizator also. Besides, even the pictures from Quantizator can be used in Adv. Studio, so its the best to download both programs...

-Andreas Koch.

Because I play around a lot with Inform (have for about 8 years now), the idea of porting some of my interactive fiction to the A8 has me excited. I'll have to learn a new IF language, but I'm up for the challenge ... as soon as we get a translation for this software package.

Thanks for your feedback. I wanted to know if you are interested in this project or I'm just wasting my time :)

I will translate the tutorial soon.

Because I play around a lot with Inform (have for about 8 years now), the idea of porting some of my interactive fiction to the A8 has me excited.

This is NOT an Interactive Fiction engine. It's a Point & Click engine (like in Monkey Island series).

Thanks for your feedback. I wanted to know if you are interested in this project or I'm just wasting my time :)

I will translate the tutorial soon.

Because I play around a lot with Inform (have for about 8 years now), the idea of porting some of my interactive fiction to the A8 has me excited.

This is NOT an Interactive Fiction engine. It's a Point & Click engine (like in Monkey Island series).

Even better !!!

btw, I just run the atr in the demo and could see an arrow, but the joystick didnt work, does it use trackball ? (actually the ST-mouse).