IGNORED

Is it possible to make an arcade version of Galaga on the 7800?

holygrailvideogames.com

Me thinks GB is only interested in original concept games.... So I guess that he'll be cutting bk on his 7800 games then as most of not all games ideas have already been done and copied ad infinitum

Not at all. I just don't like fighting games like Tekken. I did like Way of the Exploding Fist and IK+ back in the day.

I only like shmups from a technical standpoint. Normally they involve pushing lots of sprites around at a decent frame rate. A high sprite count and a high frame rate are not always easily achievable..

Me thinks GB is only interested in original concept games.... So I guess that he'll be cutting bk on his 7800 games then as most of not all games ideas have already been done and copied ad infinitum

Not at all. I just don't like fighting games like Tekken. I did like Way of the Exploding Fist and IK+ back in the day.

I only like shmups from a technical standpoint. Normally they involve pushing lots of sprites around at a decent frame rate. A high sprite count and a high frame rate are not always easily achievable..

Please developers, no more fighters. We are at ad nausium with the over abundance of fighters,

racers and first person shooter. OY! More clasic space shooters however as you can never get

enough of those! :)

Back in the days of the 7800 programming mailing list, somebody posted a demo using arcade galaga sprites in high resolution. They looked great, but it flickered badly and was probably very slow.

However, this was caused by a flaw in how the display lists were being generated (that was the question being discussed in the post). If it was coded differently it might work fine.

Back in the days of the 7800 programming mailing list, somebody posted a demo using arcade galaga sprites in high resolution. They looked great, but it flickered badly and was probably very slow.

However, this was caused by a flaw in how the display lists were being generated (that was the question being discussed in the post). If it was coded differently it might work fine.

Do you mean these :-

http://www.freelists.org/post/atari7800/Yet-Another-Kick-In-The-Head

http://www.freelists.org/post/atari7800/DMA-TIMING

No attachments available on the archive :(. Did they get posted to AA?

I don't think so but I do have them all in my email archives. ;)

I think I got into the 7800 far too late. Always late to the party :( :ponder: :lol:.

Is the orginal creator of the work an active AA member?

He has an account here. I can post the attachments if that is what you are after. :cool:

Mitch