IGNORED

Items that don't work with Expansion Module #1

Skaarg

When I first got my ADAM around a year ago the first thing I got was an Expansion Module #1 considering it was cheaper than a 2600 (of course that's different now). Well shortly after this I found a very nice supercharger set with the first 5 games. Well it just so happens because of the Supercharger cart getting wider as it extends out it does not fit in the Expansion Module #1. I'm just curious if there are any other 2600 carts or items that will not work with the Expansion Module #1 due to physical complications or compatibility issues.

When I first got my ADAM around a year ago the first thing I got was an Expansion Module #1 considering it was cheaper than a 2600 (of course that's different now). Well shortly after this I found a very nice supercharger set with the first 5 games. Well it just so happens because of the Supercharger cart getting wider as it extends out it does not fit in the Expansion Module #1. I'm just curious if there are any other 2600 carts or items that will not work with the Expansion Module #1 due to physical complications or compatibility issues.

I havent run into any,but sometimes the case can be a bit warped and will be difficult to get it in.

I have had that happen on the 2600 console

If I recall correctly the supercharger is a lot longer the a conventional 2600 game case,andas you noted it tapers,which is why it wont fit right.

Also make sure there isnt any garbage in the slot.or on the supercharger that would bind it up

I've read somewhere that Supercharger games work but you have to open up the Exp Mod #1 and remove the cover so the Supercharger will fit.

I only own about 20 Atari games and the only one that I have that doesn't work right with the Exp Mod #1 is Real Sports Boxing. The game plays but the scores for the boxers are mixed up.

Edited by ed1475

• 2 weeks later...

I found this out when I got the module back in the day....So I sanded down the supercharger to get it to fit. I think I read about that in some magazine. So I tried it and it worked :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Coleco must have been aware of the problem. They produced a cartridge slot extender that plugs right into the Expansion Module #1.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/140126-the-official-coleco-adam-topic/page__p__1697043#entry1697043

One issue that I have experienced with Exp #1 is that if you use it on a stand alone Adam that is connected to a monitor via A/V connection: The picture is crisp, but for some strange reason, the audio is muffled so badly that it ruins the gaming experience.